No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm probably repeating a topic that's already been discussed so forgive me in advance, but here goes: have any of you guys started to learn German either because of Rammstein or other reasons? Rammstein got me into the language but I want to learn it just to better myself. I dabbled in high school, took two semesters in college and am now back to dabbling..it's very hard to keep up the momentum and discipline when no one I know speaks German!

Anyone have tips for learning a second language?? ♥

Comment

• Originally posted by saeda View Post
      I'm probably repeating a topic that's already been discussed so forgive me in advance, but here goes: have any of you guys started to learn German either because of Rammstein or other reasons? Rammstein got me into the language but I want to learn it just to better myself. I dabbled in high school, took two semesters in college and am now back to dabbling..it's very hard to keep up the momentum and discipline when no one I know speaks German!

Anyone have tips for learning a second language?? ♥
      "to learn German either because of Rammstein or other reasons?"

That is pretty much ANY reason

Take a look here... : http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post12841
      «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
      Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• @AiH - I am so sorry to hear that.

@rammsteingirl527 - If I go I will be staying near Hamburg.
        ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

• Maya ~ I have been playing the lotto. Wish me luck. I would open an animal sanctuary and save dogs and other animals from being killed if I had $. Of course I would see Europe also.
          I also wondered if it is against policy to start a German speaking thread to help people who want to learn German. The title would be like "Helfen mich lernen Deutsch bitte" or something similar.
          R+ G527 ~ Happy B Day if I don't see you !
          Abendwind ~ I hear Hamburg is nice. I wish I could come see you !
          Jorge ~ Thank you for the awesome links ! I have been looking at the sites.
          Säda ~ I always liked German and never knew why, I had put it on the back burner for along time. I wish college near me had it. I think R+ gave me the final push to learn. I really want to know what they are singing. I have read the translations but I really want to know for myself.
          Last edited by Edelweiss; 05-23-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abendwind View Post
            @AiH - I am so sorry to hear that.

@rammsteingirl527 - If I go I will be staying near Hamburg.
            Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss! Me too! I will be in a suburb of Hamburg actually do when will you find out if you are going or not?

Comment

• @ Edelweiss - Hamburg is AMAZING. I have been there once, it's totally out of this world!

@ rammsteingirl527 - Oooohh that's awesome!! Well I have been talking to a woman who lives near Hamburg and to a family who live in Hamburg. I think I will find out whether or not I'm going to be located there in a couple of days. Hamburg would be awesome, I have a lot of friends there. But if it doesn't work out, one family will have me in Munich for the summer.
              ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

• @Abendwind I hope it's not too late and you'll read it

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is the great day, fingers crossed.

Comment

• I'm very happy for you Abendwind !

Comment

• Originally posted by abendwind View Post
                    @ Edelweiss - Hamburg is AMAZING. I have been there once, it's totally out of this world!

@ rammsteingirl527 - Oooohh that's awesome!! Well I have been talking to a woman who lives near Hamburg and to a family who live in Hamburg. I think I will find out whether or not I'm going to be located there in a couple of days. Hamburg would be awesome, I have a lot of friends there. But if it doesn't work out, one family will have me in Munich for the summer.
                    Well, I will visit Munich for a few days too so we have a high chance to say hi to each other how long will you be there?
                    And good luck

Comment

• Awh, thank you guys.

Originally posted by rammsteingirl527 View Post
                      Well, I will visit Munich for a few days too so we have a high chance to say hi to each other how long will you be there?
                      And good luck
                      Ooo that sounds so good! I would absolutely love to see you! Now I'm hoping to get everything under control so I can actually go.

If it really happens, I am staying from mid/end of June until the end of August. But in case I don't get chosen in to the university I will stay there for longer.

Comment

• How was your exam ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                          How was your exam ?
                          Well.. I'd say it's 50/50. There were some weird words I had never ever seen before in my life, and they said that three years of German would do just fine to do well in the exam. I have had almost six years of it and still didn't recognize those words. ._. We'll see.

Comment

• Rindfleischetikettierungs-
                            überwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz, vielleicht??
                            «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                            Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• Nein, ist aber ganz nah. Ist das wirklich ein Wort?! Haha. Try to say that fast three times.

Comment

• I am sure you did well Abendwind. You took 6 years of German ? You must be fluent. America really sucks with languages, us Yanks should be taught 2 or 3 additional languages.

Comment

Working...
                                X