No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a good idea. I sleep through my alarms sometimes and I wonder if it is because my body because used to the songs that I use as alarms.
    I wonder what the house he is building will be like ? American style ?
    I am so tired, I slept like an hour last night, slept from 16.30pm to 20.30p yesterday and couldn't sleep at all last night. Tossed and turned. I have to get this insomnia under control. I don't want to take the pill the doctor prescribed because I am afraid it will change my brain chemisrty. Ever since I learned that depressed /bipolar people don't really have any lless seratonin than anyone else it made me realise what meds can do. Some guy got addicted to I forget which med but it was like prozac, and he had trouble getting off of it. I will have to find the info the movie is real good.

Comment

• Originally posted by rammsteingirl527 View Post
      @Maya...the days fly by so fast now...24 days now I am growing more excited as the days pass! Do you know how flights with multiple stops work? Do I have to continue with one ticket or will I have to get a new one at every stop?
      @RBF, Richard may be working in the USA with Emigrate, or so I've heard from an unnamed source x) but if I see him, I will let him know

I don't know exactly what do you mean by flights with multiple stops....

For example, a long time ago I went to Dublin and the flight stopped over in Paris. In this case, I didn't went out of the plane, it landed and some people went out and others got in after. We didn't stayed much time there. It took off and next stop was Dublin.

But when my friend went to Puerto Rico, his ticket was from Madrid to Puerto Rico, but he stopped in Philadelphia, he had to get out of plane, took his suitcase, got through customers and wait for another plane, I think all with same ticket (almost sure). I'll ask him if you want.

Or maybe, you have several flights, then you'll need a ticket for each one. For example, from US to Berlin. And Berlin-Hamburg. You'd need two tickets.

... Anyway don't worry, you won't find any problem. In every airport, you'll find people who can speak English and will help you.

Comment

• @Jorge I loved your photos, you've got a new fan.

Comment

• Thank you Maya, that is nice from you
          I think my style is changnig a lot in the last months. From trying to catch everything (which is confusing), I am going towards getting only the basic of what I see. And I think this is good.
          «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
          Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post

I don't know exactly what do you mean by flights with multiple stops....

For example, a long time ago I went to Dublin and the flight stopped over in Paris. In this case, I didn't went out of the plane, it landed and some people went out and others got in after. We didn't stayed much time there. It took off and next stop was Dublin.

But when my friend went to Puerto Rico, his ticket was from Madrid to Puerto Rico, but he stopped in Philadelphia, he had to get out of plane, took his suitcase, got through customers and wait for another plane, I think all with same ticket (almost sure). I'll ask him if you want.

Or maybe, you have several flights, then you'll need a ticket for each one. For example, from US to Berlin. And Berlin-Hamburg. You'd need two tickets.

... Anyway don't worry, you won't find any problem. In every airport, you'll find people who can speak English and will help you.
            You usually have a collection of tickets, each for a leg. eg. A to B, B to C, C to D.

You do the checking for the whole trip and forget about the bags (recommended), or you do the individual checking if you think you have to leave or pack something.

Usually, you don't want to care about the bags much. Besides, if you need to check in in each airport, that means you have to go outside and back in again, queue for security and so on... and you may not have enough time. Once, I had to fly from Cape Town to London stopping in Johannesburgh and Madrid. The first leg, I did the checking only to JB, because I had to leave a package for a colleague in there. How stressful! I arrived to Johannesburg, went to take my bag, went outside, give my colleague a computer, then back to check in (this time I did the checking for the rest of the trip!), and then running to the gate to catch the next leg of my trip!

So, in less words: do the checking at the beginning and it will be stress free. You land in an airport, and just walk to catch the next plane, without having to bother about your luggage.
            «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
            Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
              Thank you Maya, that is nice from you
              I think my style is changing a lot in the last months. From trying to catch everything (which is confusing), I am going towards getting only the basic of what I see. And I think this is good.
              From time to time, I'll visit your page......

Comment

• The "liberal couple" and the "punks and Guardia Civil" await you
                Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• I saw them yesterday XD

Comment

• I think I am in love of the liberal woman. She is my type. I will introduce her to the iPope, let's see what happens
                    Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• He will be unable to resist her, she is charming ^^

Comment

• I bought the same day the pope, the topless woman, the cameraman and a grandpa with his child. The shop attendant laugh and asked "Are you going to recreate the Vatican?"

iPope was quite welcomed, but some people found it offensive. I never tried to make fun of the Pope, I was making fun of the Apple fanatics... I will post later the pic. At work I have flickr banned . Some people here will have a few dedications
                        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

• jejeje it's a very dangerous topic, at least here.

I add them for you....

By jgines5150, en Flickr

The iPope, or the leader of the new iReligion
                          (I hope my iRony doesn't offend you...)

Comment

• Ipope is funny. LOL

At work on an über hard unit, won't be on much today I don't think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
                              In NY we have lots of green land. They say in some places the USA looks a lot like Germany.
                              I love upstate, so many beautiful places for quiet day of fishing and hiking. In fact we're going to Poconos this weekend for a two days of fishing fun
                              Die Rammstein Akten.
                              The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
                              http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

Comment

• I have driven through the Poconos many times ! Have a great time ! If I ever moved to a real big city I would miss the countryside. I always forget Buffalo is the 2nd biggest city in New York State until I hit rush hour traffic.

Comment

Working...
                                X