X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    Went for a Cocid-19 test today, I have no symptoms any more so I expect it to be negative. I would much rather have had an anti body test, but that is not possible at the moment.

The White Tents in the park:

IMG_0670_small.jpg
    The anti bodies don't seem to help you from getting it again, apparently :/ . Here in Belgium people didn't get immune after having the virus.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    If there aren't enough, it's fair.

Here people is fed up, and everybody is against the government, without doubt, they could have made it better. I'm ashamed of our politicians, they can't come to an agreement, even in these circumstances. Shame on them.

Economy is winning the battle, so I'm afraid numbers will increase again like it's happening in other countries, we are in a hurry to open everything. Many people only think about meeting family and friends, and go to bares. Spain must open its doors to tourists from everywhere, I think this year everybody should stay in their own country, except if the situation changes a lot.

And of course, the demand of freedom, they have forgotten quickly the horror.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    I'm doing fine, but am getting bored.
    You cannot pay for the anti body test, there are not enough here in Denmark, and the Health Department have just thrown a whole batch out, because they were substandard. Right now only nurses, doctors and carers can get that test, and that's fair I think.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Some friends have paid for it, it's the best way to know if you have passed it or not.

How are you doing?

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Went for a Cocid-19 test today, I have no symptoms any more so I expect it to be negative. I would much rather have had an anti body test, but that is not possible at the moment.

The White Tents in the park:

IMG_0670_small.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Sometimes they don't want to show the scars, for us the worst is the civil war and the division of the country, today is difficult to understand how a dictator can have supporters, but it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^We don't have any memorial or so for WWII and that's very weird. We were very involved and it left many scars, though we seem only interested in remembering WWI. Many scientist say Belgium should at least do something on the 8th of May (which was our liberation day). We have some dark pages (as we had many collaborators) , and I think something each year, be it big our small, organized by our government is essential to remember and express our compassion and aknowledgement of the horror that has happened.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    A beautiful tradition. We should never forget from where we came, so it won't happen again.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Today marks the 75th anniversary of the German capitulation in Holland, Denmark and North Germany. When BBC Radio announced this at 20:36 Danes all over the country tore down their black-out curtains and used them for bonfires in the streets and placed candles in the windows to celebrate and mark the end of the Five Dark Years.

Candles in the windows on 4th May became a tradition, to remember those who gave their lives and to say Never Again. Lately we also think of those all over the World who still live under persecution and to remind us, that freedom is something we have to constantly have to fight for and it can never be taken for granted. We still see how easily it can be taken away.

Here are my lights in my window tonight. I hope you're all safe wherever you are.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    I’m really happy, one of my friends after three weeks in hospital is back at home.!!!!

I hope he gets better too.
    So glad for you friend.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I’m really happy, one of my friends after three weeks in hospital is back at home.!!!!

I hope he gets better too.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post

If it's Boris it's a wird kind of karma, he believes only weak people get sick and illness is all in your mind!
    That's definetly not the first sentence I read containing Boris Johnson and the words "sick" and "mind".

I do hope he gets better though (it seems like it). He seems to have a big effect on the optimism of the people these days.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    ^I fear it's only a matter of time until somewhere an important politician will pass away from this :/
    If it's Boris it's a wird kind of karma, he believes only weak people get sick and illness is all in your mind!

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^I fear it's only a matter of time until somewhere an important politician will pass away from this :/

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    I know some members of this forum are from the UK. I just saw on the news that prime minister Boris Johnson is in intensive care due to him being sick from COVID-19. Let's hope he gets better. This is really getting crazy....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X