X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^I went to Germany for 11 days.
    I left on the 19th of June. The borders were open for 5 days, so I thought I'd make a go for it.

It was simply great! I went to Köln (1 day), Hamburg (3 days), Berlin (4 days), Bacherach (2 days) and Frankfurt (1 day). No people, because the schools were still open (e.g. finally open). I have amazing pictures of deserted monuments, like being alone at the Brandenburger Tor. Nowhere queus, great weather, simply amazing.

Nowadays I'm working. Antwerp is in a semi-lockdown again, with a curfew, so I'm just enjoying home-time again. Mainly reading, making puzzles, watching movies and playing boardgames and pocket Escape games. And buying lots of books and cd's because I'm practically spending no money while earning the usual amounts. No complaints here . I did well in the lockdown, as I could just keep on teaching from home through computer (fulltime). Now I'm doing half online, half live, and I would like to keep it that way .

And doing 30-days challenges to keep myself fit + making long walks of 1-1.5h per day.

And being insanely annoyed by people who can't stick to the rules. No, wearing a mask below the nose is not okay !!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    So how are you all doing? Well I hope

I thought by now I would be planning a short trip to Krakow and a much longer to the Netherlands, but it seems like the "second wave" will force me to stay put. But I'm well and corona-free and so bored I didn't think it was possible. And I'm getting lazy, so I watch a lot of TV. When you start binge watching "Death in Paradise" it's time for something new

What are you doing to keep the spirit up?

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Added to the list

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    No. Part one is a very mature story, but it is not nearly as intense. But both parts deserve to be played.
    Last edited by Snake; 07-20-2020, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Same applies to part one?

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    ^Because it is a long, miserable journey.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Why not??????

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    Just finished the Last of Us Part 2. This is the greatest game that I don't want to play ever again.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    So now I'm an orphan.
    Mum died earlier tonight, it's not sad, she suffered from dementia and for the last few months she hardly knew who she was and didn't recognize longtime friends or family. I haven't seen her for quite a while,due to the corona that made visits not allowed at nursing homes. Somehow I'm glad for this, as I can now remember her more alert and not in the almost vegetative state of her last 6 months.
    So a mixture of sadness and relief, it may hit me later, but she has peace now.
    My condolences. May you find strength and warmth in these difficult times.

And I understand very much as well. My father struggled with physical and mental issues, causing to him to be hospitalized / under care at home and on the verge of death for several years. When he passed on, we realized something happened which we already foresaw and were ready for a long time before it happened. It was some kind of relief, mixed with a sadness, but more like the one that makes you quiet instead of the one that makes you feel broken. It's been over a decade and the big sadness never kicked in.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    The Rose I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s hard, but now she stopped sufferimg. Take care

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    I understand exactly what you mean. I went through a very similar experience with my grandmother. She didn't had dementia, but she suffered a massive stroke that completely destroyed her mental faculties. It was really hard to witness what that did to her what she became. When she passed away a few years after, I also felt somewhat like you are feeling now. Nontheless, my condolences.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    So now I'm an orphan.
    Mum died earlier tonight, it's not sad, she suffered from dementia and for the last few months she hardly knew who she was and didn't recognize longtime friends or family. I haven't seen her for quite a while,due to the corona that made visits not allowed at nursing homes. Somehow I'm glad for this, as I can now remember her more alert and not in the almost vegetative state of her last 6 months.
    So a mixture of sadness and relief, it may hit me later, but she has peace now.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I hope they find a treatment in the meanwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post

Does it happen to everybody? I thought that at least people who had a long fight got them. Maybe it’s not the same, there are several strains, it mutates, aparently one has a higher virulence than Wuhan’s
    Well, that's one of the points that makes it difficult to create a vaccine: the antibodies don't do the trick (despite the fact that it works for most other viruses). People make the antibodies, but it means close to nothing: one can't seem to get immune for this through antibodies.
    There are mutations, but you can even get sick from the same kind of virus that affected you the first time. Yeah, Covid19 seems to be a though one :/ . But as the entire world looks for a cure, it's bound to be ready in 2021 (at the latest).

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post

The anti bodies don't seem to help you from getting it again, apparently :/ . Here in Belgium people didn't get immune after having the virus.
    Does it happen to everybody? I thought that at least people who had a long fight got them. Maybe it’s not the same, there are several strains, it mutates, aparently one has a higher virulence than Wuhan’s

Leave a comment:

Working...
X