Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya
    replied
    Children have more homework than ever, technology allows teachers to continue with their work, there are online platforms used by schools like google classroom.

I’m ashamed of what I’m seeing here, authorities are taking measures because people don’t follow the indications, beaches closed... really? It’s so hard to understand? Stay at home. But when I look through the window I see people jogging or walking, not as many as yesterday, that’s true.

My gym has set up through their app virtual classes, you can send the videos to the TV

I hope other countries take the measures before Italy or Spain, learning of our experiences.

Take care please !!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Even France is closing bars and restaurants!

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Looking at what is going on in Italy. This is a catastrophy. I really hope the situation gets better. The rest of Europe should instantly follow the strictest "social distancing" practices.

Even worse, countries like Sweden refuse to close schools, quoting a small litterature of research claiming that school-children don't contaminate anyone.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Denmark just closed the borders. Danes abroad can come home, but that is it. They even talk about stopping trains and ferries.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    State of alert declared in Spain and Madrid closes bares and restaurants. A ghost city ( hope it works)

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I don’t understand Spanish government, Madrid is slowly closing, each day new measures, and they allow people to attend a football match in a foreign country when here are cancelled.

It’s hard to be at home all the time, but we have to do it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    I don’t understand these differences... it’s a sanitary emergency!
    The difference is that each government handles it in their own way, and in the UK the government has decided not to intervene.

Here in DK all sports events have been canceled and gatherings with more than 100 are prohibited, and where it's possible people should work from home, and where it's not, staff should be cut back to a minimum.

I've been asked to self-isolate, as I have travelled recently (airports were strangely half full) and have a cold w. coughing so now I'm waiting for delivery from the on-line supermarket. The first three days were ok, now I would really like to go out for a walk, except of course it's raining

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I don’t understand these differences... it’s a sanitary emergency!

Leave a comment:

• Art in Heaven
    replied
    Hammerfest has been cancelled, Machine Head's European/UK tour has been postponed and for good reasons. However. I'm a Civil Servant and I was due to go to a meeting at the end of March at the Aston Villa Football Stadium where there would have been 300 to 400 attendees and that has been cancelled, but an event at the Birmingham NEC today that had attendees in their thousands went ahead! The UK government will happily let us die. Rant over.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I’m sure it does not change anything, they can’t control distance between people.

Yelmo cinemas has reduce the capacity of their cinemas to a third to comply security limits, there the distance between people is controlled, but I wouldn’t go anyway, you don’t know who was there before and even with the new cleaning measures, I wouldn’t feel secure.

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    And Lindemann will give double concert but will not cancel... I find it irresponsable.

Their work around was to give 2 concerts in the same day with half the crowd each time to comply with the health guidelines. I still think it is bullshit and irresponsible. They should have cancelled the concerts, period.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Yeah, I did wonder about that, last weekend all football matches here were played without spectators!
    Here Simple Minds played two shows last night instead of one, but next week that will be forbidden.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Same here, but people are allowed to travel to England for a football Match, seriously?

And Lindemann will give double concert but will not cancel... I find it irresponsable.
    Last edited by Maya; 03-11-2020, 10:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Wow, Premierminister is holding a presser: Denmark is closing down. All schools,and educational institutions are closing down for the next two weeks. All public employees not in health care or essential jobs are being sent home for the next two weeks (on full pay). Gatherings of more than 100 not allowed, all restaurants and bars asked to close others should work from home if possible, etc. etc. It's going to be a strange feeling in the city.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Merry Christmas to you all!!!! My best wishes to you and your families.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X