Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
    They are childrens books and movies. They are shit.

Over here they printed them in hard back so adults could read them without others knowing they were reading a childrens book. No wonder they were embarassed. Shit books, shit movies, sad fucking adults.
    I love the books and no shame at all. I'm a child

Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
    When I was a kid my favorite story was 'The Tinder Box'. It was captivating. But it was only as an adult that I realised how murderously violent the story was.
    Harry Potter however was pointless shit ripped off from 'Muriel the Worst witch'
    My other favorite was 'Green Eggs and Ham'. I can still recite it to this day.
    These days I kind of like reading about a bunch of six deviants. Guess who they are
    I don't know any of those. I can't guess who are the deviants...

Comment

• Originally posted by RZK View Post
      'Sad fucking adults'? We already understand that you don't like either the movie or the books...I'm not fan of them either, but I'm not judging the people who likes them. I know many adults that likes Harry Potter.
      I'm a very sad fucking adult, and proud of it, maybe i have a childish soul, when i finish the hobbit maybe i will read them all again...

Comment

• Everybody here should just go see Martyrs. Thats ought to make everybody grow some fucking balls.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Go to sleep!!!!

Comment

@Abenwind.
            Harry Potter? You do know that's a childrens film?
            Excuse me? Well I guess I'm a child then. It's just that I've grown old with these films, when the very first one came out I watched it and I've watched every single one after that too. I personally don't think that these films are just for children. I must be a "sad fucking adult". Go figure.

As much as I like you, this annoyed me a bit. Oh well.
            Last edited by abendwind; 03-24-2012, 10:37 AM.
            ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

i dont like Háry Potter at all either =o so overrated and etc..
              but at least its not Twilight :O

Comment

• Originally posted by abendwind View Post
                As much as I like you, this annoyed me a bit. Oh well.
                Don't get annoyed, it's just a comment and I think it was directed to me, but he made me laugh.

I covered them with a transparent plastic to protect them because I read while I was on the subway. And lot of people had envy because they have to wait for the translation. I watched the films too, but half the story is missing. If you hadn't read them, I invite you to do it. He had wake up my interest about them again. Thanks @AiH.

Comment

• I'm over it already.

I have read the books also, in English. It's true that the films don't tell everything.
                  ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

• Originally posted by abendwind View Post
                    I'm over it already.

I have read the books also, in English. It's true that the films don't tell everything.
                    They don't have enough time, as i read first the books no problem... and I was sure I would be disappointed.

Comment

The books are very well-written, I think! There are lots of techniques and intertextual references that are quite withy; and not to mention the fluent style.

Children's books and movies? You'll just let your 8-year old child watch the latest movies where many get slaughtered and psychologic adult remarks are made. I will in the meantime use my interpretation of a child rather than yours .
                      Last edited by Waidmann; 03-24-2012, 05:25 PM.
                      Dort wo der Horizont
                      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• @Abendwind
                        You kind of echoed my point about 'The Tinder Box' when you said you had followed the Harry Potter movies from childhood in that I still love that story and I still think 'Green eggs and Ham' was a funny little story. I'm sorry if I annoyed you, I didn't mean to, and my posts weren't directed at Maya either. Following something from a child is one thing, but when a grown adult starts reading a childrens book and buys a special hardcover version out of embarassment then I think that's a little sad.
                        I will say though, that I watched the first Harry Potter movie with my kids and it was sort of ok, but when I attempted to watch the second one with them, I found that another movie with yet another 'Quidich' sequence taking up a great deal of the movie was too much to bear, so I left them to it.

Besides, he's probably gay.

Comment

• "You'll just let your 8-year old child watch the latest movies where many get slaughtered and psychologic adult remarks are made. I will in the meantime use my interpretation of a child rather than yours"

@Waidman
                          Exactly when did I say I had let my children watch trash like you describe? My children watched childrens movies and read childrens books because they were children.
                          I think you really ought to think before you make such accusations, and in the meantime, shut the fuck up.

Comment

@Abendwind
                            You kind of echoed my point about 'The Tinder Box' when you said you had followed the Harry Potter movies from childhood in that I still love that story and I still think 'Green eggs and Ham' was a funny little story. I'm sorry if I annoyed you, I didn't mean to, and my posts weren't directed at Maya either. Following something from a child is one thing, but when a grown adult starts reading a childrens book and buys a special hardcover version out of embarassment then I think that's a little sad.
                            I will say though, that I watched the first Harry Potter movie with my kids and it was sort of ok, but when I attempted to watch the second one with them, I found that another movie with yet another 'Quidich' sequence taking up a great deal of the movie was too much to bear, so I left them to it.

I don't have any problem with your comment, neither with gays. Some of my friends are gay. This time you explain your point better, I think.
                            Last edited by Maya; 03-24-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

You got me. The reason why I watched every movie is exactly because I started to watch them when I was 7 years old and was always dying to see the next one. : ) I am glad you answered with a great comment.

Comment

• Thanks Maya. The last bit was a joke. I have gay friends too.

Comment

Working...
                                X