No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^No, I think there's stuff floating around on the internet that says how long it'd take to watch the whole 50 years (ok..now I have to go find it...here ya go: 1963 to 2012 works out as roughly 21185 minutes, or 353.083 hours, or 14.71 days) plus there's a bunch of missing episodes, radio shows, the movie from the 90s.

Honestly, if you are just starting, you could either pick up when it starts again in September, or whenever. The episodes are (for the most part) stand alone, but there tends to be an overarching theme. Basically, pick an episode and give it a shot. I'd probably recommend picking up with the Nu Who (as the episodes since the revival are called) before trying to head back and locate Classic Who. That'd be with the 9th Doctor. There are websites where you can watch them for free.

I think it's awesome you're even considering it! Most people kind of glaze over when the explanations start...

Originally posted by Snake View Post
    And with such a complicated and convoluted plot for both a show and a protagonist, how did it managed to be revived in 2005?
    Because millions of fans all made a wish at the same time and it came true.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 01-20-2014, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• And yet I'm watching Star Trek 6...because it's on...

Comment

• Ok...my response so far...Eh.

Just not what Star Trek used to be when I was a kid.Yes, I realize it came out 23 years ago. That doesn't mean I've seen it yet. Geez. I'm watching a movie older than my favorite band.

Damn I feel old. This came out when I was in high school? Just starting high school. I really don't remember it. Did I block it out? Ah whatever. Maybe I should watch some Breaking Bad...

Oh no...Snake is starting to get to me! Maya HELP!!!

Comment

• Jajajajajajaja Doesn't seem so complicated, I'm sure when you are in the story it's not. I will add it to my list.

Star Trek vs. Breaking Bad, can't believe you have doubts. Star Trek it's much better for sure, don't doubt it.

Comment

• Tom Baker was the first Doctor for me too. But It's only recent they started sending it here in Denmark, so I have only followed whenever I were in Holland, where they had it, as well as having BBC.

Maya, normally there is a storyline over 2-3-4 episodes, but from the fine background EmeraldRose wrote, you should be able to jump-in at any moment. It IS quite addictive.

Around the end of 1999 they made a movie around the 2K-thing were lots of people thought the world would end - Paul McGann played the doctor there. It took place in Los Angeles and though I love Paul McGann I weren't too impressed with the film, it lacked the British quirkiness the TV-series have.

Comment

• ^ Agreed. I actually only saw the movie recently, and while I like McGann as the Doctor, I feel it was definitely too American. I'm incredibly happy that McGann got a reprisal in The Night of The Doctor! He was great!!!

Also, thank you for calling it a fine background. I felt like I was rambling incoherently.

Comment

• Lucky me I decided to skip work early today and when I came home I discovered the Danish TV have started a re-run of the Doctor Who series with Matt Smith, and I came home and turned the TV on just as episode 1 started and they are showing 2 episodes.

Comment

• Oh awesome!! What a nice surprise

1527083_615616968492998_434359247_n.jpg

This...not so much...
                  Last edited by EmeraldRose; 01-21-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472[/ATTACH]

This...not so much...
                    They are here, right now. Uhhh I dare not blink

Comment

• ^Also...don't let the screen refresh. I think that might count as blinking.

(Yes, I know I'm terrible. I admit it. Also, the Angels are, for me, the most terrifying monster. O.O)

Comment

• ^Refreshing and still alive. :P

Comment

• ^Yes, but did you get sent back to a different time?

Comment

• O.o Maybe...... Date and hour please

Comment

• ^ 22/01/2014. 10:46 am

Comment

• 10:46 a.m.? jajajaja it could be a different time I'm 8 hours later

Comment

Working...
                                X