No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will agree with you regarding the Playoffs. My team was out last week and to be honest, I haven't really been paying attention this season. But the husband is watching it, and the kids have the other TV watching some kid show, so I will have to wait for the TV.

But Torchwood? Them's fightin' words, pardner.

Comment

• Torchwood isn't that Doctor Who spin-off ?
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Indeed. With Captain Jack Harkness. I do love a man in a long coat. Doctor Who is better, but unfortunately not on for MONTHS.

Comment

• ^If you watched BB, you would change your mind about that. You would start appreciating men with shaved heads and glasses.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Hmm...I prefer my men with dark hair and blue eyes. Spiky is optional.

Comment

• Everybody talks about Dr. Who and I don't know WTF is that. xD

Comment

• O.o

Maya, can I introduce you to my other obsession?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  Everybody talks about Dr. Who and I don't know WTF is that. xD
                  It is the longest (and arguably most overrrated) sci-fi television show of all time.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                    It is the longest (and arguably most overrrated) sci-fi television show of all time.
                    *pokes with the Snake-Poking-Stick repeatedly*

@ Maya-
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                      O.o

Maya, can I introduce you to my other obsession?
                      jajajajajajajajajaja

I should answer No and google it, but why not? I answer Yes, I want to read your point of view.

You won't be worse than Snake......

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                        *pokes with the Snake-Poking-Stick repeatedly*

@ Maya-
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who
                        I want your explanation, why is your obsession. Maybe later I'll use the links.

Comment

• I started watching Doctor Who when I was 8ish? I can't remember when exactly. I watched with my mom. Tom Baker was my Doctor. He is the 4th Doctor.

The Doctor is an alien from a planet called Gallifrey (which he later destroys/locks in a time pocket- it's complicated) and is from a race called Time Lords. They are the lords of time and space, and basically police the universe. Time Lords don't really die, they regenerate. They are still the same fundamental identity, but look and act like a different person. (This was a neat fix for the show when actors wanted to leave or whatever. It could continue on with the same lead character.) Time Lords can live for Millennia. They generally have a limit of 12 regenerations or 13 lifetimes. Some of them got sort of power mad and they got into a big fight with this other alien race called the Daleks (sort of a robot race with a brain, shaped kind of like a garbage can with a whisk and a plunger) and wound up getting the entire universe involved. The Doctor had had enough (after many hundreds of years) and ended the Time War. The Doctor stole a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) which is bigger on the inside. It has a chameleon circuit, which is supposed to make it fit in in any time or location, but somehow it got stuck on a 60s English Police Box.

Basically, he's an almost immortal alien with two hearts who travels in Time and Space, and seems to like picking up cute Brits (male and female) to take along with him.

The show came back from basic retirement in 2005, after YEARS, and now as an adult, I'm able to watch my favorite childhood show with my kids. The show just had its 50th anniversary episode and then the Christmas episode where the 11th Doctor regenerated for the 13th time (again complicated) and apparently the writers made a loophole where the Time Lords who were trapped in the pocket dimension managed to give The Doctor a new regeneration cycle, neatly solving the problem of running out of time for the show.

Like I said....it's complicated.

Comment

• The Doctor is the ultimate hero, the ultimate good guy. He has all the knowledge of the Universe, but he always hesitates to use it. He gives evil alien races every possible chance to redeem themselves and then just enough rope to hang themselves. He gets into impossible situations and is clever enough to get himself and his companions out of them every time.

Comment

• And with such a complicated and convoluted plot for both a show and a protagonist, how did it managed to be revived in 2005?

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Sounds good..... is it necessary to watch it from the beginning?

Comment

Working...
                                X