Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same applies to part one?

Comment

• No. Part one is a very mature story, but it is not nearly as intense. But both parts deserve to be played.
      Last edited by Snake; 07-20-2020, 08:35 PM.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Added to the list

Comment

• So how are you all doing? Well I hope

I thought by now I would be planning a short trip to Krakow and a much longer to the Netherlands, but it seems like the "second wave" will force me to stay put. But I'm well and corona-free and so bored I didn't think it was possible. And I'm getting lazy, so I watch a lot of TV. When you start binge watching "Death in Paradise" it's time for something new

What are you doing to keep the spirit up?

Comment

• ^I went to Germany for 11 days.
            I left on the 19th of June. The borders were open for 5 days, so I thought I'd make a go for it.

It was simply great! I went to Köln (1 day), Hamburg (3 days), Berlin (4 days), Bacherach (2 days) and Frankfurt (1 day). No people, because the schools were still open (e.g. finally open). I have amazing pictures of deserted monuments, like being alone at the Brandenburger Tor. Nowhere queus, great weather, simply amazing.

Nowadays I'm working. Antwerp is in a semi-lockdown again, with a curfew, so I'm just enjoying home-time again. Mainly reading, making puzzles, watching movies and playing boardgames and pocket Escape games. And buying lots of books and cd's because I'm practically spending no money while earning the usual amounts. No complaints here . I did well in the lockdown, as I could just keep on teaching from home through computer (fulltime). Now I'm doing half online, half live, and I would like to keep it that way .

And doing 30-days challenges to keep myself fit + making long walks of 1-1.5h per day.

And being insanely annoyed by people who can't stick to the rules. No, wearing a mask below the nose is not okay !!!!
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Here we have the scarf mask...

I'm not bored at all, but cases are growing up again in Madrid, so I'm worried. This weekend I saw my little niece after six months, has been a long time, I didn't touch her and i was wearing a mask all the time, I had a great time.

Comment

• I did indeed had a short trip to Germany planned with friends, but that was for the time around when my mother died, so I had to back out. The Krakow trip will probably be cancelled because two of my friends whom I was supposed to go with are transgender, and they don't feel safe going now on top of the uncertain covid19 situation. (If you are not aware, several regions in Poland have declared themselves to be LGBT+-free zones )

Here in Denmark some of the restrictions that were eased are now being rolled back, and the expected easing for next week are being put on hold, much to the chagrin of concert halls and sports clubs who were hoping to hold events again.

Comment

• ^Yes, Poland's really growing conservative. I was there in 2017, and glad I did, because 1-2 years later... I did many things on Sunday, but a few months later they decided to basically close Poland on Sundays as it'd be contrary to catholic prinicpals.

Here, we have a heat major heat wave (5-6 days in a row with 35 degrees), so some Corona restrictions are rolled back for a while (like having to wear a mask at all times). But the numbers are going down for Antwerp, while they're peaking in other cities. We'll regain more freedom soon while other cities will take measurements. I hope Bruges will be spared, because I'm secluded from my family once again.
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• In Belgium, the number of Corona-cases is growing again. Maybe because people came back from holidays and the schools are open again. And of course, that the trains are filling up again, the subways are packed... And people are tired of following the rules . I'm doing more on foot and by bike to avoid the public transport.

Seriously, what's wrong with people? I know it's difficult sometimes, but be brave! This virus almost killed 10.000 Belgians already! It's all so quickly forgotten. You won't enjoy your freedom in the grave, trust me.
                    And I do respect the whole Black Lives matter movement (although it should be "All lives matter", as nobody cared about the chinese fellow being killed last week in a racist encounter, because at the same time a black man got wounded), but keep the manifestations for later! The irony will be that many black people will die from being in those masses.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Corona is on the rise again her in DK too, especially in the Greater Copenhagen Area (where I live) and in Odense (Birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen) I've got time for a test on Monday. Several schools and educational institutions have had to send studens home, the school-start-parties were def. not a good idea.

As for BLM, here in Europe may be a bit over the top, as for US, I don't think we can even imagine how it is over there. Seems like the police have adapted the shoot first, ask later policy, to an extent we cannot comprehend here, and thank the gods for that.

Comment

• In Spain the situation is getting worse each day, schools opened on tuesday so we’ll see the consecuences soon, I’m really scared, as I’m clinically vulnerable from Covid-19. Fortunately, I live in Madrid’s district with less cases.

I don’t understand how after these months people still think there’s no risk with members of their families and friends, if they don’t live together they should take protection mensures.

For me What is happening in the US is incredible,but I agree is not the right moment for manifestations.

Comment

• ^Yeah, we are also seeing the number of cases going up here in Portugal. The General Health Department says it is exactly what you said about different family aggregates getting together. One thing that I constantly observe is that people generally do not care about maintaining social distancing. Even when I am going for a run at night, with almost nobody outside, the few people who are still there do not care about maintaining social distancing. And that is the prime way to fight the virus.
                          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• If the situation does not change soon, there will be a second lockdown.

Comment

• ^I wouldn't care if it only struck the stupid people, but unfortunately it doesn't
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                                ^I wouldn't care if it only struck the stupid people, but unfortunately it doesn't
                                Exactly!
                                Had a few symptoms, so had a test on Monday, Tuesday it came back negative, I only have a slight cold. YAY

Comment

Working...
                                X