No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit Waidmanns. I am glad you and your family recovered.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Waidmann

Glad to hear that you and your family recovered.

I am just completely shocked by how crazy things are getting. Even the British Prime Minister Boris Johnson tested positive. Luckily it seems that finally countries all over the world are taking this crisis seriously.

Comment

• Thanks everyone . I hope we're a bit immune now, but it's hard to tell.

I hope we didn't wait to long with our actions.
        ​​​​​​
        And I hope EmeraldRose is fine. It seems like the US is going to face a terrible period.
        Dort wo der Horizont
        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I'm really glad to hear you and yours are ok now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
            I'm really glad to hear you and yours are ok now.
            Thanks, mate!

Hope you stay fine as well! The UK seems to have made a false start as well; let's pray that things won't go terribly wrong there.
            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• I know some members of this forum are from the UK. I just saw on the news that prime minister Boris Johnson is in intensive care due to him being sick from COVID-19. Let's hope he gets better. This is really getting crazy....

Comment

• ^I fear it's only a matter of time until somewhere an important politician will pass away from this :/
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                  ^I fear it's only a matter of time until somewhere an important politician will pass away from this :/
                  If it's Boris it's a wird kind of karma, he believes only weak people get sick and illness is all in your mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post

If it's Boris it's a wird kind of karma, he believes only weak people get sick and illness is all in your mind!
                    That's definetly not the first sentence I read containing Boris Johnson and the words "sick" and "mind".

I do hope he gets better though (it seems like it). He seems to have a big effect on the optimism of the people these days.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• I’m really happy, one of my friends after three weeks in hospital is back at home.!!!!

I hope he gets better too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                        I’m really happy, one of my friends after three weeks in hospital is back at home.!!!!

I hope he gets better too.
                        So glad for you friend.

Comment

• Today marks the 75th anniversary of the German capitulation in Holland, Denmark and North Germany. When BBC Radio announced this at 20:36 Danes all over the country tore down their black-out curtains and used them for bonfires in the streets and placed candles in the windows to celebrate and mark the end of the Five Dark Years.

Candles in the windows on 4th May became a tradition, to remember those who gave their lives and to say Never Again. Lately we also think of those all over the World who still live under persecution and to remind us, that freedom is something we have to constantly have to fight for and it can never be taken for granted. We still see how easily it can be taken away.

Here are my lights in my window tonight. I hope you're all safe wherever you are.

Comment

• A beautiful tradition. We should never forget from where we came, so it won't happen again.

Comment

• ^We don't have any memorial or so for WWII and that's very weird. We were very involved and it left many scars, though we seem only interested in remembering WWI. Many scientist say Belgium should at least do something on the 8th of May (which was our liberation day). We have some dark pages (as we had many collaborators) , and I think something each year, be it big our small, organized by our government is essential to remember and express our compassion and aknowledgement of the horror that has happened.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Sometimes they don't want to show the scars, for us the worst is the civil war and the division of the country, today is difficult to understand how a dictator can have supporters, but it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X