No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a Cocid-19 test today, I have no symptoms any more so I expect it to be negative. I would much rather have had an anti body test, but that is not possible at the moment.

The White Tents in the park:

IMG_0670_small.jpg

Comment

• Some friends have paid for it, it's the best way to know if you have passed it or not.

How are you doing?

Comment

• I'm doing fine, but am getting bored.
        You cannot pay for the anti body test, there are not enough here in Denmark, and the Health Department have just thrown a whole batch out, because they were substandard. Right now only nurses, doctors and carers can get that test, and that's fair I think.

Comment

• If there aren't enough, it's fair.

Here people is fed up, and everybody is against the government, without doubt, they could have made it better. I'm ashamed of our politicians, they can't come to an agreement, even in these circumstances. Shame on them.

Economy is winning the battle, so I'm afraid numbers will increase again like it's happening in other countries, we are in a hurry to open everything. Many people only think about meeting family and friends, and go to bares. Spain must open its doors to tourists from everywhere, I think this year everybody should stay in their own country, except if the situation changes a lot.

And of course, the demand of freedom, they have forgotten quickly the horror.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
            Went for a Cocid-19 test today, I have no symptoms any more so I expect it to be negative. I would much rather have had an anti body test, but that is not possible at the moment.

The White Tents in the park:

IMG_0670_small.jpg
            The anti bodies don't seem to help you from getting it again, apparently :/ . Here in Belgium people didn't get immune after having the virus.
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post

The anti bodies don't seem to help you from getting it again, apparently :/ . Here in Belgium people didn't get immune after having the virus.
              Does it happen to everybody? I thought that at least people who had a long fight got them. Maybe it’s not the same, there are several strains, it mutates, aparently one has a higher virulence than Wuhan’s

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post

Does it happen to everybody? I thought that at least people who had a long fight got them. Maybe it’s not the same, there are several strains, it mutates, aparently one has a higher virulence than Wuhan’s
                Well, that's one of the points that makes it difficult to create a vaccine: the antibodies don't do the trick (despite the fact that it works for most other viruses). People make the antibodies, but it means close to nothing: one can't seem to get immune for this through antibodies.
                There are mutations, but you can even get sick from the same kind of virus that affected you the first time. Yeah, Covid19 seems to be a though one :/ . But as the entire world looks for a cure, it's bound to be ready in 2021 (at the latest).
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• I hope they find a treatment in the meanwhile.

Comment

• So now I'm an orphan.
                    Mum died earlier tonight, it's not sad, she suffered from dementia and for the last few months she hardly knew who she was and didn't recognize longtime friends or family. I haven't seen her for quite a while,due to the corona that made visits not allowed at nursing homes. Somehow I'm glad for this, as I can now remember her more alert and not in the almost vegetative state of her last 6 months.
                    So a mixture of sadness and relief, it may hit me later, but she has peace now.

Comment

• I understand exactly what you mean. I went through a very similar experience with my grandmother. She didn't had dementia, but she suffered a massive stroke that completely destroyed her mental faculties. It was really hard to witness what that did to her what she became. When she passed away a few years after, I also felt somewhat like you are feeling now. Nontheless, my condolences.
                      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• The Rose I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s hard, but now she stopped sufferimg. Take care

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                          So now I'm an orphan.
                          Mum died earlier tonight, it's not sad, she suffered from dementia and for the last few months she hardly knew who she was and didn't recognize longtime friends or family. I haven't seen her for quite a while,due to the corona that made visits not allowed at nursing homes. Somehow I'm glad for this, as I can now remember her more alert and not in the almost vegetative state of her last 6 months.
                          So a mixture of sadness and relief, it may hit me later, but she has peace now.
                          My condolences. May you find strength and warmth in these difficult times.

And I understand very much as well. My father struggled with physical and mental issues, causing to him to be hospitalized / under care at home and on the verge of death for several years. When he passed on, we realized something happened which we already foresaw and were ready for a long time before it happened. It was some kind of relief, mixed with a sadness, but more like the one that makes you quiet instead of the one that makes you feel broken. It's been over a decade and the big sadness never kicked in.
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Just finished the Last of Us Part 2. This is the greatest game that I don't want to play ever again.
                            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Why not??????

Comment

• ^Because it is a long, miserable journey.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X