No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose, are you caught up on Doctor Who yet? I've got to say, they're taking things in an interesting direction with the interaction between the Doctor and Clara. I'm not really feeling her as a companion anymore. It just doesn't seem to work as well between them. Mostly because she just can't seem to connect with 12 like she did with 11. I won't say any more since I know you haven't seen many of the new episodes. It'll be nice when we can chat about it

Still annoyed that I missed the 4th episode and it hasn't been available on demand from our cable company. They have every other episode of the season up to last week's...but not the 4th one. :P

Also, thank you again

Comment

• I get one new episode each Saturday. So last night were the episode with the Doctor healing the Dalek. I'm recording them though, so I can re-watch. I think I already see what you mean about connecting with 12, so maybe she'll bow out at some stage. The Doctor always seems to have had companions a bit closer to his own (body)age, let's see how it develops. I like his doubts and insecurity, like he haven't gotten used to the regeneration yet. I cannot remember it lasting this long in previous regenerations. :-)

You're welcome, I hope it'll bring you luck

Comment

• ^ I agree about Clara, and honestly it'd be nice to have someone like Donna again. Sounds like we're a few weeks ahead of you then? I think that was 8 last night? I watched 7 on demand yesterday morning, and it was a very good episode. I won't say more, since you are a few weeks from it, but I'm glad you're getting to see them! I wonder why they are so much later for you? Anyway, you will see what I mean about the Clara interactions in a few episodes.

I really like Capaldi's Doctor though, he's doing a very good job

Comment

• We don't get the show on BBC, but on a domestic channel and they normally start the new Fall shows in October, so I guess we're lucky to get the Doctor at all. (I got cable with flow-TV, and have no on-demand, if I wanted that I would end up paying for almost the same thing twice).

I agree about Donna, though at first I had trouble separating Catherine Tate from her roles in her own comedy show. But some one like her would fit very well. Or Alex Kingston could come back as River Song, I must admit I found she didn't fit well with Doctor 11, but she would be perfect with 12, unless of cause they keep wanting his companion to be an Earthling.

And I think Capaldi is doing very well indeed

Comment

• I would love to see either Donna or River back. Give the Doctor someone who is really just his best friend, or give him his wife to travel around with. Or maybe *gasp* give the Doctor a best friend male companion. Why do they always have to be girls? I would LOVE to see him travelling with Captain Jack...

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
              Or maybe *gasp* give the Doctor a best friend male companion. Why do they always have to be girls? I would LOVE to see him travelling with Captain Jack...
              There was Jamie McCrimmon (Fraser Hines of Emmerdale Farm fame) in the 60's.

Comment

• ^ I must admit that were before I knew about Doctor Who, but interesting. Were he also semi-in love with the Doctor, as most of the female companions seems to be/have been?

Comment

• No, there was none of that kind of hanky panky back in those days, but he was the doctors companion from 1966-1969.
                  Here's a little bit of personal trivia. I saw Doctor Who for the very first time after we returned from Germany, and it was a story called 'The Tomb of the Cybermen'. Well, being a kid at the time I wasn't fully paying attention but I thought the tv announcer said it was called the TWO of the cybermen, and I sat there watching the show and thinking "there's loads of them, what the hell was he on about?".
                  Oh but to be that stupid child again rather than the totally bloody stupid adult I am today.

Comment

• I guess they switched to female companions to attract a larger female audience. But maybe we are all ready for a little bromance now ;-)

The first Doctor I knew were Tom Baker, I saw some episodes with him when I were living in Amsterdam, but didn't really follow the show, that came much later, and I've since gone back and seen some of the earlier episodes.

Comment

• Tom Baker was my Doctor, though I was very young and mostly remember the huge scarf and silly personality. We didn't have cable when I was a kid, so my access was fairly limited. I was soooooo happy when it came back now that I'm an adult, and that I can share something I remember fondly from my childhood with my kids. Even to be able to see many of the older episodes that I never saw, or the ones from before I was born.

I'm debating learning to knit just so I can make my own Tom Baker scarf...

Comment

• It's official: I'm once again young(ish), free and single. So I decided to engage in a little retail-therapy (even though it was my own doing) ;-)
                        A couple of books, the new Nick Cave film on blue-ray and then the only Rammstein CD I don't already have: Hertzleid, it seemed somewhat appropriate and it was on offer for £7. I just got a text the the CD is being delivered today - but I'm at work so I cannot pick it up until tomorrow

Comment

• Good for you! Retail therapy can definitely be a good thing! And aren't we all youngish?

Comment

• Retail-therapy

Tomorrow, you'll have them all, only one more day.

Comment

• I know fire/evacuation-drills are important. But do they have to choose a day where it's been raining non-stop for 24-hours and make us stand in the parking-lot and get very wet?

Comment

• ^Jijijiijijiji

That has happened to me too, twenty minutes under the rain and in a very busy day.

Comment

Working...
                                X