Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^But she is in the US
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Not too many people know of them here other than the song "Du Hast" which completely irritates me :P

Comment

• Finally met someone who knows/likes Rammstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          I have found that much more people know about Rammstein than I could imagine.

Even in the UK, land of X Factor and Take That...
          I'm from the UK and I actually know a suprisingly high number of people who know about Rammstein too. Granted, most of them don't know anything by them other than Du hast and Amerika, but what's weird is that Rammstein have had far better chart positions in the USA but no-one seems to have heard of them there.

Also, "reality" TV is international. Unfortuanately.

It's funny because heavy metal originated in Britain, yet how many British metal bands can you name that were formed after the 80s?

Comment

• Hi Wolf.
            I live in birmingham, the birthplace of metal. I agree with what you say about the 80's. The problem was that the bands who were the metal gods back then remained so and became the dinosaurs of metal but still were shown the greatest respect, particularly by bands like Metalica and Machine Head who site (Respectively), Diamond Head and Judas Priest as major influences and both bands still trudged around the festival circuit decades after they should have hung up their leather boots and studs. As a teenager I worshiped Judas Priest but after years of tired almost identical sounding albums I grew sick of them. The last time i saw them was at Donnington when they were plugging 'Nostradamus' and they were almost embarrasing to watch yet they still had that reputation, even amongst the youngest attendees at that gig. The 80's metal gods ruled the 80's but then sadly went on to rule the 90' and the 2000's too without any justification and left no room for new bands to emerge. Diamond Head has for years only had the one original member but they still fly the 'we were responsible for the birth of Metalica' banner and still draw major crowds at festivals, particularly when Metalica are playing the same gig.

As far as the 'Reality TV' thing goes, the blame lies squarley with the Dutch. They started it all. Damn Hippies!

Welcome to the forum mate.

Comment

• ^Glad to see you!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                ^Glad to see you!!!!
                2x. Welcome back, mate.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Thanks guys, I've missed the old place

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                    Hi Wolf.
                    I live in birmingham, the birthplace of metal. I agree with what you say about the 80's. The problem was that the bands who were the metal gods back then remained so and became the dinosaurs of metal but still were shown the greatest respect, particularly by bands like Metalica and Machine Head who site (Respectively), Diamond Head and Judas Priest as major influences and both bands still trudged around the festival circuit decades after they should have hung up their leather boots and studs. As a teenager I worshiped Judas Priest but after years of tired almost identical sounding albums I grew sick of them. The last time i saw them was at Donnington when they were plugging 'Nostradamus' and they were almost embarrasing to watch yet they still had that reputation, even amongst the youngest attendees at that gig. The 80's metal gods ruled the 80's but then sadly went on to rule the 90' and the 2000's too without any justification and left no room for new bands to emerge. Diamond Head has for years only had the one original member but they still fly the 'we were responsible for the birth of Metalica' banner and still draw major crowds at festivals, particularly when Metalica are playing the same gig.

As far as the 'Reality TV' thing goes, the blame lies squarley with the Dutch. They started it all. Damn Hippies!

Welcome to the forum mate.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

And thanks for the welcome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                      Thanks guys, I've missed the old place
                      We missed you

Comment

• So. What did I miss?

Comment

• ^The languages threads.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Probably I'll realise I didn't talk about many users later, but here is a resume

@Edelweiss is having bad times. Her story here http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post15018

@CW was worried about her marks, but http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post15190

@RG527 is back in the USA and began university yesterday

@Abendwind now lives in Germany and is living her dream

@Jorge "One of my favourite writers (ever), Arturo PĂ©rez-Reverte (Maya knows him, for sure) dedicates his next Sunday article to a photo I did a few weeks ago." Read these two posts.
                            http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post15178
                            http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post15197

@You is missing

@Snake Our Iberian troll is very quiet lately.

Don't miss the beautiful pic of Abendwind and RG527, they met in Germany. http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post15165
                            Last edited by Maya; 08-30-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                              ^The languages threads.
                              Including the german thread...

Some new users

The second MHB video and the evidence of the live DVD

Comment

• I'm working backwards through those, but first, major congratulations, (and a belated apology), to Jorge. Well deserved.

Comment

Working...
                                X