Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    I think the context means something different. He didn't insinuate that his personal music is better than the group music of Rammstein. I think his point was more that he is able to make the music that is truly his own and doesn't belong to 5 other people as well. It is him and no one else. I think the term "good records" can be taken as more than one thing, not necessarily that one is better than the other.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake View Post
    He did insinuated it in that interview for Ultima Guitar. Most folks freaked out because he said he didn«t enjoy composing with Rammstein. But for me, the real lousy part is this one:
    I didn't read it that way. I didn't read it as if the stress were on the word "good" and I think it wasn't meant that way. I guess he didn't choose he's words carefully there. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to point out that Emigrate's not a live band, but still noteworthy. Hard to defend that though, as I believe a band should always get on the road (but than again, as a Rammsteinfan, I don't want him to "waste" time on that).

Well, I guess several members of Rammstein now said the studio time wasn't really fun, but more like aggrevating, long toiling. And in Richard's defense, he did add that it was because Rammstein's an everlasting democracy were everyone really has to agree. In Emigrate he calls the shots and decisions can be made very quickly and completely according to his liking. Maybe he should change the name from Emigrate into "Richard Kruspe", because he basically said it doesn't matter too much what the other band members think or say.

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    He did insinuated it in that interview for Ultima Guitar. Most folks freaked out because he said he didn«t enjoy composing with Rammstein. But for me, the real lousy part is this one:

I have Rammstein with the big show and then I have Emigrate making good records

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^The snipper actually met precisely my expectations: forgetable record. I can accept that Emigrate is terapeutical for RZK, but when he starts ensinuating Emigrate's music i superior to Rammstein's, than it is time he pulls is head out of his ass.
    Uhu, luckily for the moment I don't think he insinuated that Emigrate's music is superior (though more important to him personally). I like this outlet though it has nothing to do with Rammstein, it's an entirely different type of metal. Therefore I'm not sure it's very tactical of him using Rammstein's resources (like their site) to promote this project.

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    ^The snipper actually met precisely my expectations: forgetable record. I can accept that Emigrate is terapeutical for RZK, but when he starts ensinuating Emigrate's music i superior to Rammstein's, than it is time he pulls is head out of his ass.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    I said it before and I'll say it again: they made too much of a fuss about it. I know it's a way of getting enough attention and buyers, but sales will fail if it doesn't live up to the expectations. I chose to ignore the hype a bit and I'm grateful because I like most bits and didn't expect any more of it.
    Last edited by Waidmann; 10-23-2014, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied

It has disappointed me, I think I will continue without being an Emigrate fan, but I'll listen to it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    I'll give you my two cents

Eat You Alive - sounds neat, a solid song! Powerfull, catchy, nice sound.
    Get Down - here it goes down indeed.. don't like that bit, uninspired and mediocre performance IMO
    Rock City - Sorry Lemmy, you could do better IMO. I see where it's supposed to be going, but it doesn't work convincing to me. I would put more anger in the voice.
    Hypothetical - I was never a Manson fan, but this sound very well! Maybe not too original, but interesting riffs, singing and keyboards
    Rainbow - Ok, the riff's a bit same old Emigrate, but still a nice song, quite catchy!
    Born On My Own - This I quite like! Well sung by Richard, interesting theme (content ànd sound) and guitars. Again though: a similar sound as many Emigrate songs.
    Giving Up - Don't really get into this.. Not very special in any way. That suits the title a bit I'm afraid.
    My Pleasure - Once again a variation on the typical Emigrate sound; unfortunately I don't hear it go much further than that.
    Happy Times - This is again the better work for me. A bit weird chorus for Emigrate, but it's okay they surprise in this way. I like how that first verse is sung, reminds me of the more dark, calm Corey Taylor voice.
    Faust - This will be a good song, I reckon! Good lyrics, Richard's best voice for the verse, good building up guitar to the chorus...
    Silent So Long - Jonathan Davis never does half work, and here he proves it once again. I hope there's a harder bit in it though.

So, 7/11 isn't too bad I guess . The entire album will of course reveal more, but this sounds promising to me.
    Last edited by Waidmann; 10-22-2014, 11:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    I'm not sure if this is true, but a reliable source just told me the single has leaked.
    Last edited by Snake; 10-22-2014, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    As somebody who doesn't give a fuck about emigrate, my first impression is just what I expected: meh.
    If I'm going to be perfectly honest, that was my very first impression. There were a couple that I really liked, but overall...I don't know. Too much hype? Too much expectation? Very likely.

I am still looking forward to the album, but it wasn't something that I heard and was like OH MY GOD! I think maybe the disappointment with the whole release thing might be coloring my reaction. Probably not the best idea to give fans a sample on the same day they get news the thing has been delayed, again, for another month. Or at least this fan.

Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    As somebody who doesn't give a fuck about emigrate, my first impression is just what I expected: meh.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    ^ Ok. I knew I'd heard of it before. I use Pandora, which has the first album on it. Maybe this one will end up on there as well.

Yeah I guess I like them all. They are growing on me...but still some of them are just sort of :P

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    So you like them all

Spotify is an application not a site to buy, you can listen music for free. https://www.spotify.com/

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    Also sorry about the swearing. Didn't really think about it when I posted earlier.

I really like how Lemmy's track sounds, the music is VERY good. You can really tell Lemmy wasn't feeling that great...but it sounds good. Not a huge fan of the Manson track. But then, I'm not a huge fan of Manson. I like the Peaches track, but the sound is much more...synthesized?...than the others. Richard's singing is better than the first album.

I guess overall I like it, from what I can hear so far.

Love the Giving Up and My Pleasure tracks. Faust is good too. I could do without Happy Times. :P Eat You Alive is also pretty good...
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 10-22-2014, 05:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    I don't know. I'm getting tired of trying to figure out which site to get it from, so I'm just going to leave it. Just so tired of this.

Listening to the preview Emigrate just put up on Facebook....it sounds like Emigrate...but I'm conflicted on some of the tracks. It'd help if I could hear the whole thing. Assuming that ever actually happens.

^Yeah, I've been listening to it since it posted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X