Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *peeks in*

I just realized I haven't been on here in....well ages...

*goes to catch up on posts*

Comment

• ^Indeed you've been gone a while, I noticed , glad to see you around again!
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^^ Good to see you back here. I were beginning to wonder what kept you [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
          *peeks in*

Don't worry, there isn't much to catch up on.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
            *peeks in*

I was wondering if you were going to come back or not. Luckily you did.

Comment

• Had to finish all the books I got for Christmas. Also...Fallout 4 happened.

Comment

• Weird day at work today. I now have 500 colleagues less, and I'll stop at the end of May (voluntarily)

Comment

• I'm really sorry. I hope you are ok, It's very hard to go to work when you are in a situation like this. When somebody is fired I have bad days, I can't imagine how it would be with 500. I send you a very big virtual Hug.

Comment

• Jeezes, that sounds terrible @The Rose !!! Some automobile factory closing or so (likes happend everywhere this last decade)?
                    May you and your fellow companions find the strength and courage to get through this all!
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^I work for a large educational institution and the government in their infinite wisdom have decided we shall cut back by 70 million Euros. So the only way to do that is cut staff, both administrative and teaching, and close down some courses completely, but they still expect us to be in the top 25 worldwide. Go figure!

I'm fine, I've long decided to stop working this Summer and have saved up to support myself for a number of years, and try to make more of my photography, now I got a nice little severance-package as well. But there wont be room for much extravagance, so I hope R+ wont release too much "must have" ;-)

Comment

• Good thing you managed to anticipate and/or decided to retire from it before this a while ago. And good it means a little more of you-time .

It doesn't seem like there's many big Rammstein stuff coming up in the shop, so I think you'll be safe for a while .
                        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                          ^I work for a large educational institution and the government in their infinite wisdom have decided we shall cut back by 70 million Euros. So the only way to do that is cut staff, both administrative and teaching, and close down some courses completely, but they still expect us to be in the top 25 worldwide. Go figure!

I'm fine, I've long decided to stop working this Summer and have saved up to support myself for a number of years, and try to make more of my photography, now I got a nice little severance-package as well. But there wont be room for much extravagance, so I hope R+ wont release too much "must have" ;-)
                          They always cut from the same budgets. Shame on them!

It's great that you can stop working and support yourself. Good luck with your photos, you are a great photographer.

Comment

• I finally got my winter break after some busy weeks. Finally, I can spend more time.......listening to Rammstein of course . I'm also going to Lisbon for a couple of days. I wish you all some relaxing time as well (even if you not have vacation).

Comment

• @TheRose

I hate bad news. I wish you the best of luck in the future, and I hope you can work with your photography for a while. It's really a shame what happens to people's jobs whenever there are cut backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                                I finally got my winter break after some busy weeks. Finally, I can spend more time.......listening to Rammstein of course . I'm also going to Lisbon for a couple of days. I wish you all some relaxing time as well (even if you not have vacation).
                                Sintra would be a much better place to spend your days. Fortunately, it is just about 30km away from Lisbon, and you can go there by train.
                                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X