No announcement yet.

Emigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I wonder if Joey is taking advantage of his close relationship to the band in order to promote himself.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Ya think? ;-)

Comment

• ^And I also wonder if he really is their friend, or if this is all a masquerade into which the band is falling for.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
          Sometimes I wonder if Joey is taking advantage of his close relationship to the band in order to promote himself.
          I have no doubt about that, I can't forget some posts and interviews where he clearly shows it. But I don't think their friendship is a masquerade at all.

Comment

• ^Hopefully, it is genuine. But I always found it odd that a guy like Joey would get along so well with Rammstein.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^Hopefully, it is genuine. But I always found it odd that a guy like Joey would get along so well with Rammstein.
              He was a fan, even posted a photo with Till when he was very young. He seems to be funny, although I'm not sure I would like all his jokes; better I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like many.

Comment

• Hello,

is some one able to translate the whole text from Amazon?

Als Gitarrist von Rammstein hat Richard Kruspe alles erreicht, was man als Musiker erreichen kann: Platinalben, umjubelte Konzerte auf dem gesamten Erdball, aufgeregte Debatten, Kritik – und am Ende höchste Feuilleton-Weihen. Doch es gibt noch einen anderen Richard Kruspe. Mit seinem Soloprojekt Emigrate trat er 2007 erstmals als Sänger und Hauptkomponist ins Licht und erreichte auf Anhieb beste Chartnotierungen. Beinahe sieben Jahre später erscheint nun das zweite Emigrate-Album: Auf Silent So Long vereint Kruspe nicht nur die bislang besten Songs seiner Solokarriere, mit Lemmy Kilmister (Motörhead), Jonathan Davies (Korn), Marylin Manson, Peaches und anderen bietet das Album auch eine einmalige Armada erstklassiger Gäste, die der musikalische Direktor Richard Kruspe in einem dĂĽsterlackierten Metal-Jam der Sonderklasse kongenial durch seine Songs fĂĽhrt. Aufgenommen hat KruspeSilent So Long abermals mit der bewährten Mannschaft, dem Mit-Produzenten und Gitarristen Olson Involtini sowie Arnaud Giroux am Bass. Das in Los Angeles gemeinsam mit Ben Grosse (Depeche Mode u.a.) abgemischte Werk ist das Ergebnis einer beeindruckenden Teamleistung – mit einem als Sänger deutlich gereiften Richard Kruspe auf der Höhe seines Schaffens an der Spitze.
                Just because the names in the text are f*cking awesome and we should update our Emigrate section
                sigpic
                Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by External View Post
                  Hello,

is some one able to translate the whole text from Amazon?

Just because the names in the text are f*cking awesome and we should update our Emigrate section
                  Because I totally agree and I'm in an impatient mood...here's what google translate came up with:

"As a guitarist Richard Kruspe of Rammstein has achieved everything what you can achieve as a musician: platinum albums, highly acclaimed concerts around the globe, excited debates, criticism - and in the end the highest feuilleton-ordination. But there is another Richard Kruspe. With his solo project Emigrate he entered first time in 2007 as a singer and main composer into the light and immediately reached best the charts. Almost seven years later now appears the second Emigrate Album: On Silent So Long Kruspe combines not only the best ever songs from his solo career, with Lemmy Kilmister (Motörhead), Jonathan Davies (grain), Marylin Manson, Peaches and other features the album a unique first-class Armada guests who congenially leads the musical director Richard Kruspe in a gloomy painted Metal Jam in a class of its songs. Taken So Long has KruspeSilent again with the proven team, the co-producer and guitarist Olson Involtini and Arnaud Giroux on bass. The Los Angeles together with Ben Grosse (Depeche Mode and others) remixed work is the result of an impressive team performance - with a significantly matured as a singer Richard Kruspe on the peak of his creativity at the top."

Comment

• Oh wow...that's a terrible translation! Sorry guys! Someone who actually knows what they are doing needs to do that...

It actually called it Grain. :-D Ok, so that almost makes it worth it...

Comment

• And now Amazon reveals the tracklist:

1. Eat You Alive (featuring Frank Dellé)
                      2. Get Down (featuring Peaches)
                      3. Rock City (featuring Lemmy Kilmister)
                      4. Hypothetical
                      5. Rainbow
                      6. Born On My Own
                      7. Giving Up
                      8. My Pleasure
                      9. Happy Times
                      10. Faust
                      11. Silent So Long (featuring Jonathan Davis)

Where the fuck is Manson?

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Where the fuck is Manson?
                        Hopefully far away. and the mention of him was a mistake. . . . I cannot stand the guy, I almost did during the Beautiful People period, but it lasted shorter than a wink of the eye

Comment

• ^I stood by him for a year or two, up until the Holywood period. But then I discovered Rammstein in 2001, and never gave a fuck about Manson ever again.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• XD
                            I went to his gig in Madrid in 2009. It was in the Palacio de los Deportes (Snake do you remember the place?), it was almost empty, only floor tickets and a few seats. It wasn't his best day but I had fun.

Comment

• At least it still looks like a mostly Emigrate track list, less than half "featuring" tracks. And I still can't wait to hear the one with Lemmy. Somebody tell me who or what Peaches is, since I don't feel like going to Google right now. Ok fine, I will google it, but is this something I will feel dumb for not knowing about?

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                                At least it still looks like a mostly Emigrate track list, less than half "featuring" tracks. And I still can't wait to hear the one with Lemmy. Somebody tell me who or what Peaches is, since I don't feel like going to Google right now. Ok fine, I will google it, but is this something I will feel dumb for not knowing about?
                                She's an elektro-punk singer, quite underground as she doesn't often hit the charts, but she worked with some famous people (like Iggy Pop).
                                Manson has talent but he doesn't often use it. He surprises me sometimes, only to disappoint and irritate me at least 3 times in a row to make it up.

I'm looking forward to the track with Jonathan Davis! Now that guy's got singing skills!
                                Dort wo der Horizont
                                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Working...
                                X