Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you ER?

Comment

• Completely exhausted. I don't think I've ever been so tired in my life. :P Trying to focus and work, but I haven't gotten anything done yet today. Got up an hour late for work. Kids are just now out the door to school (hour and a half late). I feel like my brain has been squeezed out and then dribbled back into my head through some sort of fog filter.

The memorial service was very good. The Boy Scouts did a very nice job and it was just the sort of thing my Dad would've done.

The family stress was horrible, as expected. My Mom's brother and sister (and their spouses) came so there was lots of extra unneeded stress around that. My Dad's brother and sister made it too, which was good.

Mostly I just want to sleep for like 3 days.

And I'm not really sure but I would guess I've listened to Silent So Long several hundred times, since it just played in the car all the way down and back.

Comment

• That's not a good beginning... :S

I'm glad the memorial service was very good and sorry for the stress, I think almost all the family meetings have it. Think that in two days you can rest, it's Thursday.

Your kids like Silent so Long?

Comment

• My 6 year old told me he liked it because the songs rhymed, but I think he just likes rhyming words right now Mostly they played Angry Birds or Minion Rush. They did let me know if I got it too loud and told me to turn it down because they couldn't hear their games.

My oldest was in the other car with his Dad, which is fortunate, since I would've had to skip Hypothetical once he started listening to the lyrics

I will be honest, I liked listening to it and singing along, but it would've been nice if I had access to my phone so I could listen to other stuff too...12 hours makes for a very very very long drive with only one cd. :O

Comment

• ^ Next time, you must take all the cds of Rammstein and maybe SSL. xD

Minions.....look one friend of @Snake

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
              My 6 year old told me he liked it because the songs rhymed, but I think he just likes rhyming words right now Mostly they played Angry Birds or Minion Rush. They did let me know if I got it too loud and told me to turn it down because they couldn't hear their games.
              LOL, isn't it normally the parent who tell the kids to keep it down

Anyway, a couple of days rest and you can start preparing for X-mas. I hope you'll be able to find some time for yourself.

Comment

• What can I say? I like to be able to hear all the music, and it has to be loud for that

Yeah, I'm hoping the kids will be tired enough that I can get to bed earlier tonight, try to sleep some. There is absolutely zero travel planned for Christmas so far, and I'm hoping to keep it that way. Next trip to Arkansas will be in the summer again.

At least when I go in the summer it isn't dark for half the trip. Apparently I am having issues driving at night :P

Also, I got an early present from my husband- TARDIS lights If we get around to putting the tree up, I'll put them on there. Otherwise, I am going to hang them in my office

Comment

• ^Tardis light . . . Me also want

I'm going to have a very quiet X-mas. My mother is going to my sister in Jutland I'll spend the days on my own

Comment

• Ok..trying again because holy giant picture and no spoiler option on this board! Also...got a TARDIS nightlight and a Dalek nightlight for my kids

eee7_tardis_string_lights.jpg

Comment

• Thanks, I was wondering what is a TARDIS nightlight...

Comment

• Those are the Christmas lights my husband got me.

Here's the TARDIS nightlight:
                        eee6_tardis_night_light_inuse.jpg

And the Dalek nightlight:
                        198d_dalek_night_lite_inuse.jpg

Comment

• Ugh. Apparently December in Arkansas = ticks on your dog. Gross!

Comment

• Oh, poor Engel

Comment

• ^ Yep. She wasn't too happy, but there were only two that we found, and they are both off.

You have an Engel smiley!

And now I have a need to compulsively wash everything she's been on in the house to make sure there aren't ticks in the beds etc. :P

Comment

• :S Aaaaah When I was a child I had a dog, now I'm remembering ...

You have looked your children, haven't you?

PS Beautiful lights!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X