I like to fuck, but no French letter Without a condom, the sex is better But every time I get it in A baby cries and sometimes twins I have six kids and I don't like it They eat too much and treat me like shit They only wear Posh label clothes If you give one hand, they bite off both And all my friends, they have big cars Big mansions, too, and smoke the fine cigars They have deep pockets, I don't know why I look at my purse and start to cry Why? I hate my life, and I hate you I hate my wife, and her boyfriend, too I hate to hate, and I hate that I hate my life so very bad I hate my kids, never thought That I'd praise abort Praise abort I like to fuck, but no French letter Cause without kids, life is so much better So in the end, I got forced To stay away from female intercourse I hate my life, and I hate you I hate my wife, and her boyfriend, too I hate to hate, and I hate that I hate my life so very bad I hate my kids, never thought That I'd praise abort Praise abort Say goodbye, say goodbye We rise up, up to the sky Say goodbye, we'll come back Soon as pretty butterflies Make you cry I hate my life, and I hate you I hate my wife, and my boyfriend, too I hate to hate, and I hate that I hate myself so very bad I hate my offspring, never thought That I'd praise abort I praise abort I praise abort Lyric © Rammstein
Rád šukám, ale bez kondomu Bez kondomu, je sex lepší Ale pokaždé, když zasunu dítě zabrečí a občas dvojčata Mám 6 dětí a to se mi nelíbí Jedí až moc a chovají se ke mě jak k hovnu Oblékají jen drahé značky obleční Pokud jim dáš jednu ruku, ukousnou obě A všichni mí přátelé mají velká auta Velké baráky a kouří fajnový doutníky Mají hluboko do kapsy, Já nevím proč Podívám se do své peněženky a brečím Proč? Nesnáším svůj život a nesnáším tebe Nesnáším svou ženu a jejího přítele taky Nesnáším nenávist a to nenávidím Nesnáším svůj život, velmi těžce Nesnáším své děti, nikdy jsem si nemyslel Že budu chválit potrat Chvála potratu Rád šukám, ale bez kondomu Protože bez dětí, je život mnohem lepší Takže nakonec, jsem se přinutil držet se dál od pohlavního styku se ženami Nesnáším svůj život a nesnáším tebe Nesnáším svou ženu a jejího přítele taky Nesnáším nenávist a to nenávidím Nesnáším svůj život, velmi těžce Nesnáším své děti, nikdy jsem si nemyslel Že budu chválit potrat Chvála potratu Řekni sbohem, řekni nashle! Povstaneme k obloze Řekni sbohem, my se brzo vrátíme Jako krásní motýlci Rozbrečíme tě Nesnáším svůj život a nesnáším tebe Nesnáším svou ženu a svého přítele taky Nesnáším nenávist a nenávidím tohle Nesnáším se, velmi těžce Nesnáším své potomstvo,nikdy jsem si nemyslel, že budu chválit potrat Chválím potrat Chválím potrat Translation © Affenknecht.com
Till Lindemann about the song meaning:
„We have a very close friend around our family, he’s got 7 kids and he makes good money but he’s always broke because all the kids like take everything from him. If you write songs you always need a hook line or a chorus. You are digging for words and for phases and for hooks. It’s very close to praise the lord. Praise the lord, praise the lord, praise the lord, praise abort, praise abort. We got stuck on that.“
Here are some points from Affenknecht fans:
- Surrounded by objects to hate in his life, Till builds up to the final focal point of all this hate — his kids. It’s a shocking image, and it shocks even himself (“I hate to hate”), forcing him to admit that we never would have predicted he’d be advocating the abortion of his own children.
- The accompanying video directed by German filmmaker Zoran Bihac is filled with grotesque porcine imagery including anthropomorphised pigs having sex/engaging in domestic abuse, pregnant ballerinas, and dead piglets. The contrast between the dirty domestic scenes and the pristine white ‘heaven’ is a visualisation of the paradoxical title, ‘praise abort’ (i.e. praise = usually positive connotations, abort = negative connotations). It’s an appropriately disturbing video for a purposefully shocking song.
- Note that the simplistic nature of the chorus could also be read as being tongue-in-cheek too.
- with the lyrics (and the video) Till Lindemann is making a point that most of those who abort are promiscuous and would go for anything as long as it is sex (the guy even turned gay just because he didn’t want to have more children);
- associated with promiscuity is a very high level of lack of self-control (which is obviously negative thing);
- the lyrics are „I hate this, I hate that…“, making the point that those people are all about hate;
- they are being portrayed as pigs in the video, which, in terms of name calling, has an obvious negative connotation;
- in Rammstein, Till sings in the first person as if he’s the villain, the bad guy, same thing seems to apply here, making, by association, the people who abort the bad „guys“;
- in the end of the video, Till is showing affection towards the baby pig (the complete opposite of what the character portrayed in the song is all about).
Till Lindemann talking about “Praise Abort”:
Since you mentioned your kids and family, what do your children think of „Praise Abort“?
They know it’s fiction, like playing a role. It’s just, um, in the corner of my mind sometimes it’s pretty easy to crawl into different people’s minds.
You don’t think they’re asking, „How long has dad been regretting my existence“?
Oh, my kids know me, and they know the Rammstein’s history. It’s hard to shock them. I got punished, in the sense that they’re really big Coldplay fans.