Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Predominantly shocking, funny, insightful, none of the above?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predominantly shocking, funny, insightful, none of the above?

I couldn't think of a better title, I apologize. Mainly, I was wondering what is it about Rammstein that you personally identify with the most? Do you find them controversial, and are you glad because it stimulates conversation? Do you find them funny and just listen to Rammstein for a good time? Do you see them as artists and think there is nothing right or wrong, or to question, it's just their expression?

I think everyone feels a bit of all of these things, but for me I mainly got into Rammstein as a kid because they were so shocking and just over the top. At some point in my late teen years I started to turn very conservative. Basically it's left me asking myself how do I see Rammstein as an adult now? I don't think of them as a band that you either listen to or don't, they're really much more than that. They're artists and a very interesting group of people.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but sometimes I do think they go too far. I think I used to try to make myself numb to anything shocking by trying to see everything on my own volition so no one could ever get the better of me, but now I'm just more sensitive than ever. I think it's a good thing that I've reconnected to the things Rammstein bring to the table, even if they do bother me.

Sorry if this is too long. But ever since I was reading the lyrics to "Ich tu dir weh" I realized how different I am from when I first listened to "Du Hast," and I want to discuss these feelings with someone, but I've long since been friends with anyone who's into Rammstein and interested in these kinds of discussions!

I see them as a very carismatic group of musicians that can produce great music when they really want to. And I agree with you: sometimes they do go too far with their stunts.
    Last edited by Snake; 12-21-2011, 04:05 AM.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I listen to them because the music sounds good. The fact that I like the stunts and lyrics is just an added bonus. They can be shocking but some of the lyrics are quite tame when you compare them to other artists.
      DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

I love Rammstein purely for the energy of the music, i have always been a fan of metal music but since hearing Rammstein for the 1st time no other band comes close. The pyro etc just adds to the excitement of there live performance and just cant wait to see them again in February
        The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Believe it or not, I didn't even get into Rammstein until about 3 years ago. You must know, I am a native German, 47 years old and have been living in the US for almost 19 years now. I've heard of them back in the day, but at that time I listened to classic rock since that's what I grew up with. LOL what I did hear of them I wrote off as crap at that time.

It wasn't until early 2000s when we went to a Creed concert, which completely changed my interest in music. Started listening to Metallica, Staind, STP etc. and of course Creed. Over time and with the emergence of LastFM I really got into the hard rock, alternative and metal scene. That's when I started to listen to Rammstein. Then some others in the German scene, such as Silbermond, Eisbrecher, Unheilig and Chrstina Stürmer) Sorry for the long intro, but I will get to the point.

Rammstein to me means so much more then people would assume. First I personally identify with them. I've always been straight forward, saying what I think and think needs to be said. I am conservative, yet open to anything people want to talk about. So when it comes to Rammstein, well that's what they are, straight forward and uncompromising. Born in Germany I think I got a good insight into the psyche of the German people. Rammstein to many Germans presents an image that in many cases reflects back to the 1930s and 1940s. As you know that couldn't be further from the truth. But, their music, the lyrics, the appearance, and lastly their stage show projects an image many in Germany don't want to identify with. Just think of Links 2 3 4 and Stripped. I'd say that in itself put off about 90% of the country. LOL So in a large part, what they do is confront, discuss subjects most would like not to talk about.

However, I don't want to get off subject here. I love their rhythmic music. So powerful and earth shattering. I work out to their music every morning, listen to them in my truck on the way to work. It just puts me in an indescribable positive mood. And that is the key. Positive. If you get into it, go with the beat, it almost makes you euphoric like you've taken drugs (not that I do). In short, I think listening to them makes me stronger, in a way better and motivated.

As to the lyrics. They touch on a lot of things most don't even talk about behind closed doors. Sure, I am not keen on everything they touch, but ... if someone has something on his mind ... get it out. Well, that's what they do. I do think there's also a little of a shock factor Till is going for. After all, it'll keep you current and in the news. Musicians are artist. Artists express what's on their mind, and it'll always have its yay and nay sayers. In the end however, it just may get people to think and that is precisely what a true and serious artist is going for.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much it bothers me that non German speakers are so quick to put a label on them. At work many see them as crazy shock rockers that make loud and volatile music. Well, Du Hast when sung in a low, aggressive and confrontational way will put that label on you. So many will make the connection to the aggressive, world conquering bully Germany was during the Nazi days. However, if you read the entire text and figure out what it is actually about, it gives it a completely different connotation. Du hast is a two way confrontation between two people who are obviously married, who stopped communicating, and where the question is raised if they will stay together. Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet, treu ihr sein für alle Tage? Do you want until death do you 'part, be faithful to her for all days? Chorus sings Yes, Till sings Nein. This song is a reflection of what some band members at the time went through, for real, with Till taking the lead. So like I said, if you don't know the meaning of this song you will put a completely different label and interpretation on it. Most do. So that holds true for a lot of their songs.

And then there's another thing Germans don't like. Take the songs Links 2 3 4, Stripped, Mein Teil and Asche zu Asche. Germans don't like to be associated with Nazis, the 3rd Reich, cannibalism, nor people who in the way only Rammstein does sing about Jesus on the cross (at least implied). Germans try their best to disassociate themselves from the past, like to keep a low profile to the rest of the world when it comes to the Nazi years, or anything that could even hint to those days. People are embarrassed, literally, but most importantly, they don't like to be embarrassed. LOL well Rammstein does their best not to let people forget. It doesn't matter what song, or even new song, because of Rammstein's outspoken and direct songs that hint to the past they have a label with most Germans. However, I do believe it only holds true for those that experienced those days, and those that do not have the guts to put it behind them ( the generation born after the war, perhaps even the next one too). If you grew up in the 70s and 80s or beyond, you have a different view of things and I think that's where Rammstein's fan base lies in Germany, well, most of Europe.

Lastly, their stage show. I cannot even find the right words. They are by far the best I've ever seen. It speaks for them that they care so much about not just making great music, but that they equally care about how they present it. They made a conscience effort to do something special, to make the show visually fun and different. They are telling stories in the most comprehensive way a musician actually can. Visually, auditory and meaningful. Who else does that? To be honest, they are on their own level and for a long time no one else, and then maybe the likes of Kiss, Ozzie, David Bowie (back in the day) etc. When you watch their show, you have to take everything into consideration. That's why it is so important to understand the contexts and meaning of the songs. If you don't you're just listening to music, just watching a concert. I really would like to know how many Rammstein fans have no idea. It's easy to sing along, easy to sing just the chorus. But it's completely different to actually connect. Well, some may just do it via the music itself. I guess it depends on how much you'd want to get out of it?

As for me, I guess by now you know what all they mean to me, how I view them. To me they do so many things. In the end they are also one of the few connections I have left to Germany, besides family and a couple of friends. They remind me of my heritage, where I came from. LOL they also make sure my German speaking ability doesn't get lost. They are also pure fun and entertaining. I can laugh (Pussy, Bück Dich come to mind), get crazy (Feuer Frei) and they can make me think (Alter Mann, America, Mutter, Keine Lust, and Nebel). They actually mean something to me and I gain motivation and strength from their songs.

In May I will see them for the very first time live and I cannot wait. In a way, the live visual experience will close the circle for me. I'd love to get backstage passes and exchange a few words with them. Unfortunately, that's probably not gonna happen. But at least I have my wife with me who understands my sentiment and feelings. She knows a lot more about them then most (makes sense since I explain and educate her on lyrics mostly). So with her I can share the experience, soak it in and enjoy myself, while at the same time have nothing but fun. In the end that's what it's about, having fun and live life to its fullest. Rammstein for me is a part of just that.

If anyone wants to keep this going, please do so. If you have questions about the lyrics, bring it on. I am happy to explain as best I can.

Originally posted by saeda View Post
          I couldn't think of a better title, I apologize. Mainly, I was wondering what is it about Rammstein that you personally identify with the most? Do you find them controversial, and are you glad because it stimulates conversation? Do you find them funny and just listen to Rammstein for a good time? Do you see them as artists and think there is nothing right or wrong, or to question, it's just their expression?

I think everyone feels a bit of all of these things, but for me I mainly got into Rammstein as a kid because they were so shocking and just over the top. At some point in my late teen years I started to turn very conservative. Basically it's left me asking myself how do I see Rammstein as an adult now? I don't think of them as a band that you either listen to or don't, they're really much more than that. They're artists and a very interesting group of people.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but sometimes I do think they go too far. I think I used to try to make myself numb to anything shocking by trying to see everything on my own volition so no one could ever get the better of me, but now I'm just more sensitive than ever. I think it's a good thing that I've reconnected to the things Rammstein bring to the table, even if they do bother me.

Sorry if this is too long. But ever since I was reading the lyrics to "Ich tu dir weh" I realized how different I am from when I first listened to "Du Hast," and I want to discuss these feelings with someone, but I've long since been friends with anyone who's into Rammstein and interested in these kinds of discussions!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I've enjoyed reading it.

Comment

You are really bored in this day of christmas.
              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^I was not talking about you

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                  ^I was not talking about you

Deleting it... now. And I disagree, some people like sharing thoughts and feelings, doesn't mean they are bored.

Comment

^You don't need to delete posts. And I was just being sarcastic ^^

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Capullo...
                      I know, I don't need to delete it, but I wanted. Now, I will edit the other...

Comment

Well, surely there's no need to delete it. Everyone has their opinion.

Snake, I wasn't bored, just got up way earlier then my wife. LOL

I have a passion for Rammstein and so do many people. So I share, at least so I thought, my thoughts with others. Saeda wanted to get a discussion going. Surely I gave a lot to think about for some.

Comment

I was telling him I wasn't bored.... so it has no sense...

I love your post, ignore Snake, he is bored and is trolling

Comment

LOL now that's funny.

Originally posted by Maya View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post

I know i must appear thick at times but what exactly is `trolling`?
                              The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Working...
                              X