• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
    Ah, so lucky! I couldn't make get to any shops to buy it when it came out

Just took the test, I have geekish tendencies
    This is Spain, so I didn't have any problem to buy it.

Not surprised

Leave a comment:

• RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN
    replied
    Me too, i have had three atempts at reading Lord of the Rings, seenthe films but just cant get throgh the books.

Leave a comment:

• cannibal_wotsit
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    Harry Potter.... I was in the bookshop waiting for them, and from the moment they were in my hands until I finished them, I was in other world. I read it in english, so people looked at me in a strange way and some called me "FRIKI", don´t understand why
    Ah, so lucky! I couldn't make get to any shops to buy it when it came out

Just took the test, I have geekish tendencies

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by Abendstern View Post
    -enters conversation-

I LOVE fantasy books. Love them. I haven't really read anything as of late (apart from the astrology book I've kept checked out of the library, but even then, I don't really sit down and read for a while), but I did read this series over the summer. It's "The Keys to the Kingdom" by Garth Nix. It contains a lot of biblical allusions, and I think it's pretty great.
    I take note of these too, ebooks are great.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Harry Potter.... I was in the bookshop waiting for them, and from the moment they were in my hands until I finished them, I was in other world. I read it in english, so people looked at me in a strange way and some called me "FRIKI", don´t understand why

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
    haha, maybe I should take it

admittedly I'm not that into fantasy novels, although I have a few exceptions (Harry Potter being the main one).

Her books are written in the same way though, from different points of view, but definitely not fantasy
    I do enjoy them even though most of her books make me cry to myself
    Here is the link....http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html it seems to take some time, so I have postpone it.

I´m not in a good moment for that type of books, but have write her name,

Leave a comment:

• Abendstern
    replied
    -enters conversation-

I LOVE fantasy books. Love them. I haven't really read anything as of late (apart from the astrology book I've kept checked out of the library, but even then, I don't really sit down and read for a while), but I did read this series over the summer. It's "The Keys to the Kingdom" by Garth Nix. It contains a lot of biblical allusions, and I think it's pretty great.

Leave a comment:

• cannibal_wotsit
    replied
    haha, maybe I should take it

admittedly I'm not that into fantasy novels, although I have a few exceptions (Harry Potter being the main one).

Her books are written in the same way though, from different points of view, but definitely not fantasy
    I do enjoy them even though most of her books make me cry to myself

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Searching for the meaning of Geek i´ve found ^El Geek Test en español ...también conocido como "El Friki Test" ^ don´t need more explanation

Haven't heard?..... If you like epic fantasy novels, you can´t continue living in the darkness. It´s fucking awesome. The story is narrated from the point of view of different characters, each chapter is told by one and the plot is totally unexpected... Now, it´s more well-known because of the TV series.

I don´t know her, if you enjoy them... that´s the only important.

Leave a comment:

• cannibal_wotsit
    replied
    A thread where I may possibly expose my inner geek

Haven't heard of that series, is it any good?

I'm working my way through Jodi Piccoult's stuff, maybe not the happiest of books but I still enjoy reading them

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    started a topic What are you reading?

What are you reading?

I had began A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin, is the fifth novel in A Song of Ice and Fire Series.

The otherbooks were addictive, so I´m ready for non-sleeping times.

And if somebody is wondering if I´m a fan of the Game of Thrones TV series, the answer is No, I haven´t watch it;after the terrible experience of the Lord of the Rings I decided that it was the better.

Have you read A dance with dragons? If the answer is yes, please don´t answer with spoilers. I haven´t finish yet.
Working...
X