Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Metal Hammer announce a ‘Death Mask’ Competition in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
    I am gutted Maya, if i had had more time i may have managed it but it was not to be. Believe me i was imagining it too , but maybe next time and who knows you may even be with me
    I would love to be at that meet and greet, probably i would be in a corner looking and smiling.
    Last edited by Maya; 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Not the same... but what about meeting Paul?

http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...=9690#post9690

Comment

The whole Death Mask procession has been canceled.

On Donaukinder wall.

Kateřina Sovová "Stupid O2arena did not allowed the procession but we were photographed outside;-)!"Post

After Donaukinder announced "The whole Death Mask procession has been canceled." Post

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
          On Donaukinder wall.

Kateřina Sovová "Stupid O2arena did not allowed the procession but we were photographed outside;-)!"Post

After Donaukinder announced "The whole Death Mask procession has been canceled." Post

;
          Just seen this, did not miss it then if it never happened, makes me feel better
          The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

It seems that they gave the masks and the M&G took place.

Source:nonemoremetal

Comment

Sorry @RBF but @Maya is right, it did happen and there were winners …including me

420905_10150684685364002_672639001_10858576_711997605_n.jpg
              418252_10150684701634002_672639001_10858606_37085719_n.jpg

Comment

Welcome Greg!!!
                Wow, now you have to tell us a little more. I read that finally there wasn't procession because of bureaucracy issues, but they took pics of the participants, gave the masks and there were winners like you.... you seem to be very happy in the photo

Comment

Thanks Maya Yep I was thrilled (as you can tell)

Well the competition was initially a bit of a mess. As I understand it, Spinefarm Records had intended to create a funeral procession with candles and a bunch of white Rammstein face masks they were handing out. My former-boyfriend Nick got to the venue early only to find no-one else with banners or dressed up or anything (Nick is the one with the R+ High-priest Standard wearing the slighty scary Anubis mask in the photo in my last post …he took the Death Mask thing to heart!) He spoke to security to ask where the procession would be taking place, but they didn't know anything about it and there was no-one to ask from either Spinefarm or Metal Hammer, who'd been promoting the competition.

By the time I arrived, there were a few others with banners milling around outside looking equally confused. After a while more hopefuls turned up including two young lads (Tom & Adam) with one of the largest banners I've ever seen! It had the full Rammstein logo written out in flags of the world (one for each letter) and looked AWESOME! …and there were loads of other really impressive banners, some lovingly hand-drawn on card, others stenciled onto material. My two banners started to look a little lost; I had one with an English translation of a verse from Mein Teil and my ever-present R+ rainbow flag …which has become a regular sight (to the annoyance of some) during the performances of Mann Gegen Mann across Europe & UK ;o)

431075_10150684680679002_672639001_10858566_946866313_n.jpg

Basically we all just milled around posing for pictures taken by other fans and ticket-holders waiting for something to happen. After an hour or so we became aware that there was a professional photographer there and we all kind-of lined up holding our banners and smiling awkwardly. Eventually someone started handing out the white masks and we all posed in them for about 20 minutes, although nobody seems to know where the pictures will be published. The only clue is that Spinefarm said on their website that they wanted to film the procession for a promo of some sort (?) It turned out that one of the reasons we couldn't do the procession was because candles are a 'fire hazard' apparently HAR-HAR-HAR!! *irony*

I was still having my picture taken, now wearing a gas mask and waving my flag, when Nick came up to me and whispered in my ear that he'd won one of the tickets for the Meet+Greet for his R+ Standard ...and also because he just looked awesome in his death-mask! He said that they'd only intended to give him one pass, despite the competition stating 5 prizes of 2 passes for each winner, but because of my flag and banner they agreed to let us both go. Unfortunately there was at least one other who didn't get to take their friend, which was a bit naughty.

So after sweet-talking our way into the O2 Lounge for pre-gig cocktails (amazing how persuasive a 6 foot man in a dog mask can be) we checked all our stuff into the cloakroom and headed into the arena to meet up with friends by the central stage. We'd been told by a Spinefarm rep to meet up near the Sky hospitality lounge at 7:30 but Nick was champing at the bit and so we headed up early to find other winners hanging around too, looking a mixture of excited, psyched and terrified. We were all chatting about what we'd say and testing our German phrases on each other and discussing whether we'd get a photo or an autograph with each band member, as we'd been told we could only have one or the other (?)

We heard Deathstars finish their set in the background and all started wondering when we were going to be collected. Eventually, at about 8pm, one of the guys from Spinefarm came to meet us and took us down behind the stage. Then it got a bit weird: we were told to 'keep up' as we basically RAN out onto the floor of the arena, diagonally through/around the crowd and out of the back (?) one girl tripped on the way and we almost lost our Guide. But we all reunited by the door to the dressing rooms. And there we waited. And waited. And started to panic. And waited. By 8:20 we started to think it wasn't going to happen, bearing in mind the gig was supposed to start at 8:30 and the Spinefarm guy had disappeared backstage. Then suddenly the doors opened and we were rushed in by Rammstein's Manager.

We were led down a corridor with dressing rooms either side and the band members' names hanging on signs outside each door. Schneider was the first one we saw, and we waved and gave a cheery 'hallo' which he returned. Ollie was in his room tuning a guitar. Richard was standing in the door to his room (looking Gorgeous!) Nick and I shouted, 'hey Richard!' and he gave a great big beaming smile and said 'hi' back.

We were then hurried into a greenroom where we all sat down, but straight away Richard followed us in and was immediately swamped by the girls. Till followed and Nick went straight in to shake his hand and pose as I took their picture. I asked Till if he'd sign my flag and then said thank you in German, before moving aside to let someone else talk to him. Next up was Ollie who seemed so shy! I took a picture of him with Nick and again asked if I could have his autograph, he obliged with a stylised 'O' 'R' on my flag. At this point I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to face Till standing next to one of the other winners. "Would you please take a picture for us?" he asked in his thick German accent, I said I'd be happy to. Flake was chatting to Nick by this point, saying how much he liked his leather jacket (which had a hand-painted R+ on the back with the phrase 'Mein haute Gehört den Herren'). They posed for a picture and I asked Flake if he would please sign my flag, "yes of course" he said in a soft voice but in perfect English. I then shook his hand and said thank you.

419258_10150719936339002_672639001_10983064_2059105599_n.jpg

Nick was desperately trying to get my attention at this point as he was standing behind Schneider. He asked if he could have a picture and they both posed.

430000_10150719937079002_672639001_10983071_1710597591_n.jpg

...I just can't describe how stunning he is in the flesh (even covered in a layer of fire-resitant orange greasepaint) and it was all I could do to ask for his signature without squeaking like a mouse. He gave me a lovely smile and signed as I held the flag to my chest. Unfortunately at the same time Richard disappeared and so I missed his autograph which I was super-gutted about, but it also made me realise that we were running out of time. So as Paul finished chatting to one of the other winners I basically launched myself at him, thrust my camera into someone's hand (I can't remember who) asked if they would please take a picture of us.

420905_10150684685364002_672639001_10858576_711997605_n.jpg

I love the contrast of my stupid cheesy grin with his quirky Mona Lisa smirk. He also signed my flag saying he thought it was 'cool' and gave me a big beaming smile when I said thanks in my squeaky 'oh my god I'm talking to Paul!' voice.

And then suddenly it was all over. They had to rush off to start the gig and we were hurried off to the side of the stage to rejoin our friends on the floor. We managed to squeeze our way back to the centre stage where they'd secured a position at the bar. This turned out to be ideal as Paul pointed at me waving my flag during Mann Gegen Mann with a 'hey it's you' expression and gave me a double-thumbs up.

All in all an amazing day. The Manchester and Nottingham gigs were both loads of fun too (especially as I got a full facial from Till during Bück Dich in Nottingham) but this one is forever going to be my best R+ gig. I still can't really believe it.

Comment

Wow!!!!!

It's fucking amazing. Between lines your happiness is jumping around. You have amazing memories, so I understand you can't believe it, you dreamed with it, but finally it became true. I love your review, thanks for writing and sharing it with us. I really enjoyed it.

Hope to read many new posts written by you, in the future.

Comment

Wow i am so so jealous, i was there at the concert but got no where near the band. What a fantastic review and so glad that you shared it with us. I will NEVER give up hope of meeting the band and if it takes all my life i will get that meet and greet at some time.
                      The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

He even added photos!!!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                          I actually used to post on the old forum quite a lot (as gregmatt) but when it changed over I lost all my links/friends etc
                          Have been making new ones at the recent gigs tho, so that makes up for it

Thought you'd also like to see a few pics from some of the other winners (I'm sure they won't mind)

419813_3422217324897_1554132751_33054513_1391893440_n.jpg
                          395287_10150594645201025_551781024_9337495_224436432_n.jpg
                          429687_3402180743995_1554132751_33046431_1261376929_n.jpg

We're still trying to track down some of the other winner who aren't on Facebook, so will update this thread again if I find more photos

Comment

More pics...

There are some old members... but I think some changed their usernames.

Comment

Working...
                            X