Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Till Lindemann for Orkus! Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Till Lindemann for Orkus! Magazine

Original Source: Orkus! You can order it here

English translation by Rammstein USA: http://www.rammstein.us/archives/3884

In poetry, the imagination can surpass itself

By Björn Springorum. Translation by SonneN

The singer of Rammstein gives an audience. Not about Rammstein, no, but on the occasion of the publication of his second book of poetry “In silent nights”. It’s a rare event: the media-shy Lindemann is known for getting out of the way of interviews and people . The meeting point is a tower lounge high above the rooftops of Berlin, the condition is clear: only question about the poetry allowed. And that has a lot to offer: morbid, blood-chilling-romantic, moving, but also explicit, borderline and bloodthirsty. It is Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde – a characterization which is also confirmed in the course of the interview. So rare Till Lindemann condescends to an interview, so quiet, introverted and self-reflecting he seems in a conversation. At times his eyes inquiringly concentrated and focused on the interlocutor, sometimes dreamily glancing over the rooftops directed into the distance, his hands folded, feet in high boots still and unmoved. He wears a worn out shirt of an old punk band, has sleeked-up blond hair. His handshake is firm, almost too firm that suits the bestial character he is on stage. But sitting in here is another Till Lindemann, a quiet, almost shy artist who speaks in a low voice, chooses the words carefully and then again goes back to a silent smile.

Orkus: Why do you write?

Till Lindemann: Because that’s how I work. If I see something, I often very quickly have this story in my head. It was never planned to make books out of it – I originally started to write because I liked it myself. I have often discarded texts that appeared to me as failed. Later, when I started making music, the theme of “Lyrics” emerged, as in my previous band, there were no lyrics in the proper sense. Our singer used a phonetic code language, that meant nothing in principle. Eventually we agreed that we also want to transport content, and shortly after that I was part of Rammstein. Because ultimately one had to step into the shoes of the lyricist, and because it worked well from the beginning, I am still the one.

Orkus: Is it a coincidence that it has become poetry?

TL: Poetry is liberating for me. In it, I am not in corset, as is the case with a lyric where clear structures are served and the text is adapted to them. Letting off steam is almost impossible since as much as possible must be told in a short text, and of course it should also sound good. In poetry, the imagination can surpass itself. This is very important to me.

O: Does it happen that you first write a text and then decide whether you are going to choose it for your poetry book or use for Rammstein?

TL: Yes, that happens. Sometimes a good enough line from a poem, then is used in lyrics. I usually show my band-mates everything I write, and I hope that with “In silent nights” I have provided us enough material for the next decade (laughs).

O: The foreword mentions about your very first poem that you wrote at the age of nine. Have you always been writing?

TL: No. My father used to run the “Circle of Writing workers” in Neubrandenburg. Behind it layed an amateur association of people who were writing alongside and instructed by my father. He led people into the world of poetry, and sometimes I had to go to school there. Due to a school competition, he insisted one day that I once wrote a poem. He was a writer after all , and hence his son must also to be able to deliver something. So I torture myself around it, really did not like it and wanted to be finished as quickly as possible. I remember that he asked me afterwards if all of this was so it would have turned out very short, but luckily he let me get away with it.

O: Curiously, plugged into the short, simple lines much of what you have brought later on paper for Rammstein .

TL: (laughs) Do you really think so?

O: Well, you stick that cryptic unwillingness to compromise into these lines, which is also found in the texts of your band as well as in “In silent nights”. Is this a trait of yours?

TL: I don’t know. These things just happen. I have often tried to write “beautiful” things, but rather I’m blocked. This is not to say that it’s easy for me to write the gloomy, cryptic lyrics. But especially perverse topics, as they come to fruition, for example, “MeinTeil”, my imagination begins to bubble. Because abscess bursts faster.

O: Nevertheless, there are beautiful, almost eerily-romantic moments in your poems, almost like a German version of Edgar Allan Poe and his Gothic-sexual symbolism. What is closer to you: S/M-fetish-text or the metaphorical beauty?

TL: I like very pictorial poetry, poetry in which is not expressed clearly what happens. I am happy if the reader has to think about the curve and a fantasy is built of beautiful words. Of course, everyone knows pretty quickly what is meant, however, things are deliberately not named. This old, flowery phraseology had already been perfected by Goethe. It is wonderful to read how the poet of past had to contort to describe sexual intercourse. Today that is no longer needed, very little is still censored. I think it would be nice if more people would be struggling to find new words and images for once well-known. In the East we had been earlier forced to build many metaphors and bridges around certain words, which over the years has led to a pronounced ability to present facts differently.

O: In the poems of ” In silent nights: there are both: “fuck” and the flowery design on the same facts.

TL: Exactly what I mean! It’s good stuff if both are used.

O: You just mentioned Goethe. Where do you see your literary models?

TL: Almost all the great German poets. Gottfried Benn, Else Lasker-Schüler, Eichendorff, Hölderlin … the list is endless. Thereafter, however, is only the great Brecht, and it is relatively thin. Off the cut, to me there is no German poet after the war that moved me .

O: Do you bring in certain stages of life more poetry on paper than in others?

TL: Oh yes. On tour nothing at all, even in Berlin rather rare. But to write something I always like to write down my thoughts or ideas right away.

O: Where this happens most frequently?

TL: This can happen anywhere, at home or in the subway. In nature, I have often complete things written down in sketches, I put them together into a finished poem. But I have also written a poem on the plane from Frankfurt to Berlin. Sometimes it’s fast, sometimes you sit years to see a few lines. And sometimes it is then too late for certain thoughts because they laid back for too long. The urge to need to write from the soul, then no longer so great. So much revolves around interpersonal relationships, and at some point you can no longer retrieve it.

O: Does is amaze you now and then, what you bring to light from your inner life?

TL: No, because without the foundation of what I intend to build up lyrically, I can not write a poem.

O: Does people who know you well, recognize you in your poems?

TL: That depends entirely on how well. Most are very surprised, but even those who really know me well, can’t see straight between me and my lyrics. Many also react with shock – with the usual urge to ask about my childhood or advise me to consult a psychiatrist.

O: Are you quite yourself when you write poetry?

TL: When I write, I go to my room, close the door behind me and open cupboards and drawers. In which hides a lot of good and bad stuff that if these thoughts and ideas I would keep in me I would be probably really insane too. This split of my personality I manage quite well. This is my “little sick” side, but I can compensate well. I can be a good deceiver, who talks nicely and pushes away from himself.

O: Does it never bother you that the public knows only the “little sick” side of you?

TL: No. Quiet the opposite. Aloofness ensures that many people do not even want to bother with me. This leaves room for privacy, but also attracts a lot of misery.

O: Are you impressed by that, does it touch you?

TL: Partly. When I think it could be interesting, I sometimes immerse into the world of these people who believe they recognize something within me. With a bit of alcohol and a bit of this and that for loosening up that’s mostly forgotten again quite quickly and moved aside.

O: So if someone writes about your book, that it was the work of a psychopath who has just sick shit in his head…

TL: … I am really happy about this praise

Originally posted by Orkus! Magazine View Post

O: So if someone writes about your book, that it was the work of a psychopath who has just sick shit in his head…

TL: … I am really happy about this praise

Originally posted by Orkus! Magazine View Post
    O: Does it happen that you first write a text and then decide whether you are going to choose it for your poetry book or use for Rammstein?

TL: Yes, that happens. Sometimes a good enough line from a poem, then is used in lyrics. I usually show my band-mates everything I write, and I hope that with “In silent nights” I have provided us enough material for the next decade (laughs).
    And with this, he answered to those who ask if now that he is 50, Rammstein will end.
    Last edited by Maya; 10-24-2013, 01:37 AM.

Comment

^I too read found that sentence very significant . He intends to continue with new Rammstein material, and now it's finally been said by him.

Thx again for sharing!
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

My only hope is that Rammstein will continue until they all have to come out on stage in wheelchairs at the age of greater than 100...

Comment

Working...
        X