Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Is this the beginning of the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the beginning of the end?

I can't help wondering or even presuming that the beginning of the summer festival gigs will somehow mean the beginning of Rammstein's final chapter. And I'll give you a couple of reasons why I think so:

1. There is no album coming up. At least not yet, as we know it's only going to be a tour, but if we can believe Flake the band does not intend to bring out a record. They seem to be bringing new material anyways, but not another album. This bothers me. I know it will be a signal to the world that they are more or less done. Critics will notice that they brought out new material, but if they don't even make it into a new record, it will be less exciting, less in the spotlights etc. Beyond the fan bases, not too many people noticed the new Mein Herz Brennt. And of Lifad only Pussy was really world wide noticed. The other singles not so much. But the Lifad record was, and a Rammstein record always will be.
    2. That brings me to the second point: no album = less change. The MIG tour was fun and maybe long overdue, but I think that if they keep that going on, they'll end up in the "good ol' classic shelf" next to AC/DC. That means they will always headline, but will be regarded as old, unsurprising dogs, living of the legacy they made some decades ago, only to be turned into a Las Vegas show, Rammstein-Jukebox of classics money cash grab stunt. Of course they will bring new tunes, and probably change the show and certain bits, but without some totally new exciting theme, I fear the credibility as a vivid, living band will be gone.
      That's what was so kick-ass about Pussy for me: they managed to be there again, in the spotlights and were still able to schock as if they were a young dynamic band. The Rammstein story wasn't old anymore all of a sudden, as they seemed to have several surprises up their sleeve yet.
    3. The age. Whatever you might say to this, you can't beat the clock and certainly not when you're so actively raging on stage like Rammstein. Till is almost in his mid 50s now and we can guess that this tour + some studio time + another world tour will take another 2-3 years. By than the idea of some pause of the whole Rammstein machine is quite plausibe if we look back to the past. Is it right to assume that after that, with Till's 60th anniversary closing in they'll start yet another big project? I think that's not very likely, especially as we see that Richard and Till have this fun studio projects that cost them less strength, stress and energy.

I hope I'm wrong on this, but as things are looking now, I fear I'm not. It would be another story if after these summer festivals they would bring up a new album. That would give them more possibilities and a better chance to do some kind of best of-tour again when that is over (they won't do that 3-4 times in a row, so as long as there's no new album to break that up I don't see it happening and lasting too long).
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Even though I am a huge pessimist, I don't think the band is quite finished yet. I think they still have enough fuel for at least a 7th final album. What I think it is happening is, they don't want to go through the same negative experience they did while recording LIFAD, and are allowing themselves to take as much time as they need to produce enough material for a new record. I do think that, after this new record is out, than yes, it will be the beginning of the end.

Additionally, for the sake of fairness, Ich Tu Dir Weh was also noticed, even if not as much as Pussy. I would also argue that Pussy is more of a successful publicity stunt than a legit work of art. That's what makes me wish they do take as much time as they need: if they are going to raise controversy again, I want it to be born from actual art.
    Last edited by Snake; 02-27-2016, 09:13 PM.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^I agree with Snake on this. I think they'll do the festival tour to get back together properly before recording the new album, get the "kollektiv"-feeling back so to speak. After that, they might do a farewell-tour, also considering their ages and they might want to concentrate on individual projects, that wont necessarily involve music.

As for what Flake said, I have the feeling it was more of a personal statement, than for the band as such, considering the promotion Till did for Lindemann, and the talk from both him and RZK of new album projects. I don't think they are through making albums, it's easier for a small band to just release through downloads, I don't see that happening for a major band, not for many years, metal-heads are too "old-fashioned" We want something to lay our hands on and see the artwork as well, that's part of the enjoyment.

Comment

^Essentially the two of you do agree with me (I think), because you start from the same premises: if there is to be a new album. But if Flake is right (and in the interview it doesn't really apear as if he's just speaking for himself, he doesn't use words that point out it's just HIS opinion), which none of us here seems to hope, there won't be one.
        And so I definetly agree with you, The Rose, it would be better if they'd make an album, and moneywise we can all agree that it will still sell great, even in this day and age. RZK and Till's recent album releases do give us hope indeed. But if they don't, the whole thing is coming to an end for sure.
        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

My opinion is that there will be a new Rammstein album sometimes next year and it will probably be the last one. I don't think they will be able to, after eventual tour for the new album, sit together and write new songs again. Maybe just a "best-of" farewell tour and that's it. Also, I don't think some kind of new "Rosenrot" is possible again, most of them didn't like the process of recording additional songs during the tour-break in Berlin. They will become "too old for this shit" too...
          I'm also waiting to see the way they try to attract attention, media and new fans again. As @Waidmann said, "Pussy" was a great example of doing that.

Comment

Hmm, seems like many of you really doubt that Flake's idea will come true. I hope it won't either, but I don't really see why it won't.

Nah, indeed @Rocky Chopin, they won't go through a Rosenrot-rush again. But it gives hope that their last studio recordings were very creative, ending up with more songs than one album could hold (Mutter had more, Reise, Reise had more, Rosenrot had some leftovers, Lifad did as well...).
            If an album comes through, it might resolve in even more than that, or why not even end it all with a double album? The few things I here from the studio is that things are going very well; actually it might be the best studio time reviews I ever heard from the band.
            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
              Hmm, seems like many of you really doubt that Flake's idea will come true. I hope it won't either, but I don't really see why it won't.
              Flake is well known for being nostalgic, and he always seems to yearning for the days when he were in a small band and not a world-wide success. So for him to talk about a band known only to some in Germany, and to talk about doing like them makes no sense. It's like when bands sold their cassette-tapes when they were playing live, you only do that until you make it big. It's all right to long for that feeling, but it's not really practical.

I know, if they only release digital and not on CD I wont pay, and I'm sure many, many will have the same feeling. And R+ and their management and record-label know that ;-)

Comment

^In all honesty I don't know if I'd pay either for just some computer file... It would be no artwork, no theme, no lyrics... I hope they know its what many fans want, if not most of them. It won't last if it just has a digital life, it will be easily overlooked later on.
                Lets hope he doesn't get the same ideas when it comes to DVDs...
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                  If an album comes through, it might resolve in even more than that, or why not even end it all with a double album? The few things I here from the studio is that things are going very well; actually it might be the best studio time reviews I ever heard from the band.
                  Well, that's the most important thing for now, we can just hope it leads to good music.

Album is a good and profitable way of releasing music for great established bands like Rammstein. By the way, ironically, the band Flake was talking about - AnnenMayKantereit - is releasing an album in two weeks: http://www.amazon.de/Alles-Nix-Konkretes-AnnenMayKantereit/dp/B018HEK6MW

Comment

Hahaha, that's great! Another welcome sign that Flake's idea might collapse.

Of course it will lead to good music .
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

In the past, hey talked about many of their ideas that they discarded later, especially in Reise, Reise/Rosenrot period: "Los" and "Stirb nicht vor mir" singles, recording an album of covers as Reise, Reise follow-up etc.

Comment

^Wow, I never heard that Stirb Nicht Vor Mir was considered to be a single ! Although I can very well understand. Nor did I heard mentioning a cover album or so. Man, I started the "Did you know" thread here on this board, but I myself seem to have many holes to fill up.

I did hear them being interested in doing a all accoustic gig once, like an uplugged project or so. I would still love to hear that once, though its very hard to imagine how a setlist would look and how they'd alter the songs.

Yeah, indeed, they discarded several things. On that Rosenrot promotion day in Berlin they even mentionned concrete, specific plans to tour South America, making it sound as if the deal was already more or less made. And still nothing remotely like that ever happened. Makes me still wonder how a setlist of a Rosenrot tour would've looked like and how they'd manage several songs live.
                        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

http://www.rammstein.us/archives/11466

LAST YEAR, ROSENROT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NAMED “REISE WEITER” AND SHOULD HAVE CONTAINED COVERS. WHY DID YOU DROP THIS IDEA?
                          We made some trials. First of all, we had trouble to agree on the songs we wanted to cover. Then we realised that what we were doing was not really good. We decided to drop that idea and write new songs, since we all had interesting ideas.
                          Richard said few years ago that he would like to do an acoustic tour: http://www.thegauntlet.com/interview...Rammstein.html

The Gauntlet: Just package it as the Rammstein acoustic tour.

Richard: That is something I want to do, but in a more artistic way, but I can't really talk about it. I really have a great idea and it is something I can really look forward to doing with the guys again in four years.

The Gauntlet: Something classical with big string sections?

Richard: Mmmmm maybe [laughs].
                          It would surely be interesting to hear it, it would give a new view on the Rammstein music. "Klavier" album is a nice little thing, but to me it sounds like those instrumentals were waiting for Till to record his vocals. Maybe I'm wrong, but the lack of melody played on piano during the verses tells me that.

Comment

^That might happen someday, but I doubt it will be this year.
                            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

It would be great if they did it at some point. Those piano songs are really nice to relax to, but without Till's vocals they lack the expression that Mein Herz Brennt from 2012 had.

Comment

Working...
                              X