Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

How much "live" are Rammstein`s live albums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Chrisss Nofff: you know I actually was at that Werchter 2010 concert ? It must've been one of the hottest days in belgian history, though the concert started very strong with probably the best Bückstabü and Waidmann's Heil I ever heard. After that the concert was very good (but in 2013 they were very very good ) Something definetly happened in the last songs before the encores on Werchter 2010, because Till indeed seemed to collapse. Everyone would if he/she behaved like he did, hell, I'd even collapse after 4-5 songs. The reason Rammstein seems more static nowadays is because they laid the bar so high in the past. I used to copy Till's knee-punching gestion, but man that's exhausting XD! It's still all very active, we've just been spoiled by them in the past . And you're right they didn't get the old-label yet and that seems only legit.

I prefer his Reise, reise voice(s) in the end. In many ways it's the most unique and "talented" one to me. And I'm glad he mainly pulls through with that.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

@Waidmann

It's always good to get some information from someone who has been there first hand. I hope you enjoyed both Rock Werchter shows. Like I said, I did not know the circumstances around the concert. The fact that the temperatures were quite high that day is something I did not know. Then again, I do remember that Europe had one hell of a summer back in 2010. Anyway thanks for telling me that. That being said, it does baffle me that the TV station chose to air "Sonne" instead of all the other performances which you said went so well.

Overall, they are still fantastic performers. I can't really think of many bands at their age who can put up a show like the "Ramm-boys". A lot of people got worried in 2012/2013 about Till maybe retiring. It is true that in an interview in 2005, he said he couldn't imagine the band continuing once he reached something like 50. But I think we can all agree that not many people live by something they told someone in an interview 8 years ago. Things have certainly changed, and I think that the band's recent sucsess has encouraged them to continue. I think they can still hold their "MIG-standard" of performing for the next couple of years or even more.

Comment

I wonder what you all think of the live recording in Amerika DVD? I guess I have a different perspective because the first time I heard any of their other songs (Other than Sehnsucht album)
        was live with the Amerika DVD. (Yes I have been living under a rock for many years when it comes to Rammstein) I have since heard most of the songs studio recordings, but I keep going back to the live versions. Live sounds so much better to me. Hard to describe. They left in a couple guitar mistakes that I notice are not on the studio recordings, and I like that, because if it is live, it's live and there will be imperfections.
        Last edited by DaRob; 10-30-2015, 04:07 AM.

Comment

^I think the audio is excelent, but there is a lot of suspicion that the audio is not entirely from the MSG concert. Plus, Till definitely re-recorded a few vocals for the final product.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
            ^I think the audio is excelent, but there is a lot of suspicion that the audio is not entirely from the MSG concert. Plus, Till definitely re-recorded a few vocals for the final product.
            The weird thing is, the parts that are indeed live are tracks from the Montreal concert. They probably made that decision since most close-ups were from Montreal as well. I also think that most choruses were re-recorded. Some songs, like "Rammlied" and "Benzin" are even completely re-recorded (as far as my ear goes).

I also think that the drums are overdubbed. Drums are the first instrument that is usually dubbed for concertmovies. Like I mentioned before on this thread, I always had a suspicion they would overdub the drums, because they sounded a little "clunky" during the Montreal concert.

Since "Rammstein in Amerika" came out, I have compared it's audio with amateur recordings and bootlegs from both the Montreal and Madison Square Garden concert. I know I make come off as brash for claiming this and that about the audio, therefore I will write a more extensive text with examples and references soon. Maybe a review to (I haven't forgotten about the "LIFAD" and "Skill in Pills" review, that's coming as well).

And hello DaRob. Hope you have a nice time here
            Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 10-29-2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
              The weird thing is, the few parts that are indeed live are tracks from the Montreal concert. They probably made that decision since most close-ups were from Montreal as well. I also think that most choruses were re-recorded. Some songs, like "Rammlied" and "Benzin" are even completely re-recorded (as far as my ear goes).
              Especially Benzin. I've never heard screams to the guy on fire before

Comment

^They even added Till screaming "Hey! Hau ab hier! Verpiss dich! Arrrgh!" during "Benzin". Translated to English he says "Hey! Go away! Piss off! Arrrgh!". Both in Montreal and New York you can clearly see that he is laughing and screaming while setting the guy on fire, but he is not talking and you can't hear him either. But to be honest, from all the editing and stuff they changed for the concertmovie, this one was actually quite good in my opinion. I was laughing my ass off the first time I heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                  the few parts that are indeed live
                  I really hope you're wildly exaggerating with stating that only a few parts of the entire concert are live. I guess you are, as you claim in the same post that only 2 songs are entirely re-recorded. Plus, I can't see how you'd like the end product if really almost nothing (because that's what "few" means) is live and therefore nothing more than a shameless "forgery". Not sure how much you can depend on shitty-youtube-quality vids either, if that's what you're using to back up your statements. I know much is modified (like made louder or less loud, harmonized, maybe some sounds removed), but almost everything re-recorded? It'll need a very solid argumentation to prove that right, I must say!

And at Werchter 2013 I did hear the burned guy during Benzin yell (maybe because I was front row). And it must've been him, for it suddenly died out as he stumbled.
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^Oops, sorry I guess I came of a little wrong there. "Frühling in Paris", "Keine Lust", "Feuer Frei","Engel" etc. are just a few examples of songs that are indeed almost 100% live. With few parts live, I meant vocal parts during some songs that for the most part seem redubbed. "Benzin", "B********" had a couple of live vocal parts among mostly redubbed stuff. Sorry, again. I will change that on my original post.

I can agree with you that shitty Youtube videos aren't a good source, but some things are just a little too obvious. During "Sonne","Du Riechst So Gut" and "Frühling in Paris" we can see Till letting the audience take over at a few parts. That is something he certainley didn't do in New York. In addition the vocal track used in "Waidmanns Heil" is the exact same as the one in the leaked video from 2012. Here you can hear Till saying "Ja!" just before the keyboard and drum part before the last chorus. In addition his pronouncation of some words is just different as in New York. These parts are alle live of course, but they are taken from Montreal (again, that's only what I think).

Weirdest of all is "Weisses Fleisch" which contains a sample that as far as my knowledge goes, only was used during some concerts in South America. But I am actually not complaining about that one, I somehow love this new version.
                    Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 10-29-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I guess this whole thing is quite double... They may indeed (probably have) made major adjustments to the Live performance. But is it still representative for a Rammstein concert? Well... yes! I saw them live twice and it definetly all sounded at least as great as on the DVD and it had a familiar impact (a few songs might've seemed less, but the rest was the same or even better when I saw them). We may not forget that recording this music still is quite impossible in many ways. Even this DVD didn't really managed to capture the change of tune when Frühling in Paris goes to his first intensive chorus. None of the recordings (youtube or DVD or ...) seem to be able to, only the human ear can capture it live . Besides that it's hard to record anything without the drums beating through your audio gear, dominating all other sounds.
                      In the end I must say the DVD manages to bring us the live experience of Rammstein as it feels for someone in the audience and that makes it a splendid product for me .
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

I've watched my copy a few times now and I've enjoyed it each time because I accept it for what it is, a fucking great show. I didn't feel the need to perform a forensic attack and nit pick every minute of every song, because it delivered what I paid for, a fucking great show. I remember when I was about 14 and David Bowie released 'David Live', (a live album in case anyone was confused by the title), and I was surprised that the sleeve notes stated that some drum parts, (Waidmann is quite correct, it's almost always the drums), and backing vocals were reproduced in the studio as some of the audio quality was lost on the original recording.
                        I have since then seen dozens of live albums stating the same thing and you learn to accept that a small amount of what you hear wasn't actually live. 'Rammstein in Amerika' looks stunning and I don't care where it was recorded because it's a fucking great show!
                        As Waidmann said "In the end I must say the DVD manages to bring us the live experience of Rammstein as it feels for someone in the audience and that makes it a splendid product for me"
                        No one could have put it better.

Comment

^Exactly, why not just enjoy the product instead of picking it apart. Why search for flaws when the overall is absolutely brilliant

Comment

Just to make things clear, I have always stated that I find "Rammstein in Amerika" to be a high quality product. I have enjoyed the overal concertmovie, and I can understand that the band wanted to change some things here and there. When I started this thread my intentions were to simply point out what exactley Rammstein fixes or redubs in their live material. Although I usually dislike redubs, my posts weren't meant as pure critcism.

I even love parts of this release. "Wiener Blut" doesn't need a music video anymore, the performance seen on "Live from MSG" IS in my opinion a perfect music video. The same goes for "Waidmanns Heil" and "B*******". It doesn't top "Live aus Berlin" in my opinion, and I'm sure I will like the Bercy-DVD more, but don't forget I do enjoy this release.

That being said, there are a few things which I can't get pass. Remember these are just my personal opinions. I don't need to make an analysis of the camera-angles vs. pictures of the stage like some fanpages have done. The easiest way to know that the majority is probably from Montreal, is by looking at Till during Rammlied. In New York he was covered with coffee-body paint and make-up, in Montreal he was pretty much clean. If you look at the Rammlied-video now, you will know were most footage comes from.

If you add what I mentioned above, and the fact that not all audio comes from New York, I can't really take the title "Live from Madison Square Garden" that seriously. I don't feel like nitpicking the release to death, I just wanted to point out the few things that just lower the score in my opinion.

Comment

And here you go again. Nitpicking, who gives a flying fart

Comment

Now I follow, Chrisss (I think). Not sure if those changes were really necessary though. Despite some small misfortunes during the NY concert, I guess it was great. But maybe not entirely representative for their tour / stunts / etc. and therefore they changed so much? And surely the name MSG is a ticket seller, adding to the epicness of the concert.
                                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Working...
                                X