Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein beyond the studio albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Please do! I think some stuff are very worthy songs, even better than some final versions. For instance the Stirb nicht vor mir-demo (available on youtube), I think, is surely as good as the version we got on Rosenrot, though significantly different.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Edited once again. Removed a grammar mistake, an interpunction mistake and added some info about the demo Eisenmann. If anyone has anything to add, please feel free to post.
      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

For those who occasionally look into this thread: some small additions were made as I retrieved more info this weekend about certain Lifad demos.
        I thought about adding the piano versions as well, but I don't think any of the Rammstein members were actually involved in the recording (as in played an instrument, I mean).
        Last edited by Waidmann; 12-02-2015, 11:30 PM.
        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Hey you also forgot about the song Sehnsucht, which had different lyrics as well.
          Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

Originally posted by Xendar View Post
            Hey you also forgot about the song Sehnsucht, which had different lyrics as well.
            How could I forget them??? Thanks for noticing, I added them to the list now.

If anything else comes up, do not hesitate to mention. I want this list to be as complete as possible and as far as I know it's most complete one around (some fansites even copied mine, including all the spelling mistakes I made back than ).

Edit: also added some more demos and information I found from the Sehnsucht, Mutter and Rosenrot period.
            Last edited by Waidmann; 12-05-2015, 01:29 PM.
            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Yeah a few more things, about Du Hast demo you might want to elaborate a bit on the fact that the song's structure was slightly different, and the fact that he sang An Schlechten Tagen instead of In.
              Also, Bestrafe Mich..I am not sure if it's a demo since the lyrics were the same but the song's structure was somewhat different, and the way Till sang the lyrics starting from the Kiel concert in 1996, the riff also differs a bit.
              In addition, you have Bück Dich demo, also from Kiel, and as far as I've seen it was called Sadist back then, according to RammWiki page.

Edit: Heirate Mich demo which was played in 1994, back when it was called Kinski.

Edit V2: There's page on Seidbereit's site that contains a lot of info about the demos, take a look.
              http://forum.seidbereit.ru/index.php...=1919&hl=demos
              (Yeah, it is in Russian, and if you're having any troubles with the translating, I can help)
              Last edited by Xendar; 12-05-2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah a few more things, about Du Hast demo you might want to elaborate a bit on the fact that the song's structure was slightly different, and the fact that he sang An Schlechten Tagen instead of In.
                Also, Bestrafe Mich..I am not sure if it's a demo since the lyrics were the same but the song's structure was somewhat different, and the way Till sang the lyrics starting from the Kiel concert in 1996, the riff also differs a bit.
                In addition, you have Bück Dich demo, also from Kiel, and as far as I've seen it was called Sadist back then, according to RammWiki page.

Edit: Heirate Mich demo which was played in 1994, back when it was called Kinski.

Edit V2: There's page on Seidbereit's site that contains a lot of info about the demos, take a look.
                http://forum.seidbereit.ru/index.php...=1919&hl=demos
                (Yeah, it is in Russian, and if you're having any troubles with the translating, I can help)
                Hmm, well personally I never found that demo of Du Hast. There was often mention of it and I've been to sites from where it was removed, so I can't say for myself. Do you know where to find it? I'm not really eager to elaborate it if I don't hear it for myself.

Yes, about that Bestrafe Mich. I don't mention it because the difference with the album version is quite superficial to me. There's more difference between the album version of Assche zu Assche and the live version from 2005 than between those two Bestrafe Michs so... It just seems like Till and Flake are playing a bit with the song, a bit like they did for Herzeleid at the "100 Jahre" event.
                For that Bück Dich it's the same for me: It's not really worth mentioning only because of some minor differences. I do admit however that I mention some other demo's in my list that also very much resemble the end version (like the Hallelujahs or Donaukinder demo).

Aha, indeed, I'll add the name "Kinski", thx! Many things I knew but just never thought of mentioning !

Well, I don't understand any Russian so that site does no good to me . A pity often, because the Russian fanbase often has many bootlegs or extra info, as they seem to have more affinity with the band (and the band with them) than many other countries. Any important thing you think on that russian board?
                Last edited by Waidmann; 12-05-2015, 07:06 PM.
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^ I have heard several unfinished or alternativ versions of "Du Hast":

1. Amsterdam 1997. A dildo shooting liquid was used for the live performance. It was also the first time the song was played live. This version is a lot longer than the official one.

2. Bizarre 1997. Has a longer 2nd vers.

3. Guitar Hero 5 version of "Du Hast". Overal different mixing. An extra chorus with Till shouting "Nein!" several times near the end. Since it had some "unfinished" characteristics like the mixing, it has been dubbed as a demo.

Which version are you two discussing?
                  Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 12-05-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

@Chriss
                    We, or more correctly I was talking about the first performance of Du Hast.
                    And yeah, I totally forgot about the other live versions of Du hast.
                    Oh and Waidmann, just type in Youtube, "Rammstein du hast live amsterdam", if still cannot find, send me a private message and I will link you, and there is also the Bizzare festival version.
                    (And I have made a studio version of this festival version as you know )
                    And I still think it is worth mentioning Bück Dich honestly,it differs, Lyrics and structure wise but after all, this is your post so it's up to you. :P
                    Last edited by Xendar; 12-05-2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I've heard all those Du Hasts before, but that longer repeating or the more "Neins" at the end weren't significant enough to me as a change to see it as another version of the song. Still interesting though, but if I would include such things, this list would be too long. Think about how much they alter Sonne live if you compare to the album, or Los or Wiener Blut!
                      @Xendar: I didn't find any stuff with decent quality when it comes to early versions of Bück Dich. Could you once again direct me to a good one ?

Edit: @Chrisss Nofff: the demo of Du Hast that I'm talking about is probably a studio version. If you go on youtube, some guy named Rasputin93 seems to have it, but now it's blocked again by UMG (just like the Links 234 demo).
                      Last edited by Waidmann; 12-06-2015, 01:05 PM.
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Oh btw, you've put Sandmann under the Sehnsucht demos by accident.

Comment

Oh btw, you've put Sandmann under the Sehnsucht demos by accident.
                          Corrected that! Thx!
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Another thing that I'd like to suggest is that in the Rare Live Songs section, you may want to add Das Model as well, since it is quite rare and the only time known (well, at least captured) was in 1998 in St. Louis.

Comment

^Uhu, well, I normally only add things in that category when they are significantly altered in the live performance. I think Das Modell was more or less the same as the studio version, which was why I didn't add it.
                              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Well, the category of the Rare Live songs, as I understood, is for the songs that were rarely preformed live, in there is only one known recording of it being preformed.
                                Unless you had a different definition in your mind. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X