Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein as influential force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rammstein as influential force

Music in general was always my driving force for creativity and life changes. I just recently wrote an essay on the topic of my revived obsession with Rammstein and metal . Excuse me for linking to it instead of typing it out in the post. I don't want to retype the entire huge post here: http://nachtsonne.wordpress.com/2012...taub-zu-staub/

I was wondering if anyone want to share their own experience with how Rammstein or other band/musician helped them to tackle life pressure? It could be a start of an interesting project.
    Die Rammstein Akten.
    The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
    http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

I would love to contribute to this thread but at work so limited time but will definatly tell you my story very soon
    The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Nice story.
      I would have to think about mine, music has been a part of my life for a long time.

Comment

Never helped me "tackle life pressure". I tackle that myself and don't try to put the burden on anyone or anything else. Not an interesting project at all really. Not for me at least. Maybe for those with no backbone, or no life.
        Thanks for sharing anyway.

Comment

I read it yesterday, I followed the link of your signature. Don't have to retype it, copy it.

Comment

Maybe my choice of words is not as good if it made you think of a burden, Art in Haven. I didn't mean "helped" as in literal help. I mean as an influence, driving force, etc. Seem like you need some
            Die Rammstein Akten.

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Music is a big part of my life and believe me Rammstein have often seen me through difficult times, sometimes it helps to take your mind off problems and just listening to there music makes me happy.
                As for driving force, hearing there music inspired me to get out and see live bands again which was something i had not done for a good few years, i then realised how much i had missed it.
                My son plays in a band and i go to see him play regularly and i am sure i enjoy it more as i have really got back in to live music after seeing Rammstein in February.
                If i am ever feeling down or depressed all i have to do is put there CDs on and it cheers me up considerably, they have given me a whole new meaning to life
                The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

I cant say that music has helped me tackle life's pressures. I can say that music has defineatly helped me in my quest to understand society.
                  I am a psychology major from America. What led me to get into psychology was an overwhelming sense that i didnt feel a part of typical America. This society has an uncanny desire to over exxagerate everything from good to bad.
                  I have just recently discovered and delved into the lyrics and music of Rammstein. I cant beging to describe the similarities of the way i feel and the way i interpret their songs. To me Rammstein has a way of making music that questions the way society views topics and how we percieve ourselves.

Comment

Mostly music was just a reflection, confirmation for what I already felt or believed. In many ways it became a sort of "legitimation" for my opinions or sentiments, a prove that this anger, melancholy, lust, literary interests, confusion, relief etc. weren't just some inappropriate or unique feelings. I sometimes wonder if music saved me on some level from becoming a more nervous and agressive person. Nowadays music isn't so necessary for me anymore (inhibition and patience are now some of my best skills), but it can have that positive calming or good tempering effect on me.

Mainly Guns N' Roses, Rammstein and Nirvana had this importance for me. They were also a way to get me energetic, optimistic or to waste my hate in a non-violent way.

Damn, Art in Heaven, you realize most of the greatest musicians ever used music (or needed music) as a way to tackle life pressure? You imply some of that low-life musicians who used to live as a pauper, surrounded by violence, drugs and abusion might lack a backbone or life because they needed music to hold on to? Hell, music was often produced as a way to complaint about living in a scandalous world (and being abused by it). People like Kurt Cobain, Axl Rose, Slash, Lemmy, the Rolling Stones (and many others) might mean nothing to you, but they do to many.
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Hm, that's difficult, but I'lll do my best by answering.

Music didn't ment a lot for me for a big part of my life. I've listen to it, had my favorit bands,...but that was it. Untill I was in my teenagerperiode. That was a difficult time and I was more a lonesome person with no real friends, so I began to listen to music: Nirvana, Metallica, Him...And I found it very releaving. Sometimes lyrics says more than a long, uncomfortable conversation.

So, since that part of my life, music is a constant in my life. I have a broad interest in many genres of music. It helps me to think about difficult and serious stuff, helps me relativate,it's part of my creativity...When I have a writersblock, I listen to some music, songs, bands,...that mean a lot to me and I move on.

Also I can now express my emotions better trough lyrics than in simple words. When I have a problem or something is bothering me about someone, I post a part of a lyric on Facebook, showing in what mood I am.

And if I'm really upset, mad..I listen to Rammstein and it calmes me down. Also Rammstein is a good band for a good, long run.

Comment

In my case, I don't consider Rammstein as an influential force, but I have total respect for somebody who writes a text as deep and personal as the one linked here in this topic.

What it's true is that sometimes a song acquires more relevance, depending on what is on in my live at certain moments. Engel fits some days, but other weeks Rammstein doesn't fit at all.

I agree with Saar: Rammstein is great music for fitness
                        «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                        Bertrand Russell.

Comment

@Waidmann
                          They may mean something to other people, they just mean nothing to me. I responded to an invitation to comment that's all. I never said anyone had to think or feel the same. I just gave my opinion. If you don't like my opinions I couldn't give a fuck.
                          Perhaps in future people posting a new thread could clearly outline the only acceptable replies. That would save a lot of pointless fucking around whinging about the 'wrong' opinion.

Comment

@Saar I can relate to most of the points in your post. Music fuels my creativity when infamous writers block kills the ability to express myself. Glad I am not the only one
                            Die Rammstein Akten.

Comment

Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                              @Waidmann
                              They may mean something to other people, they just mean nothing to me. I responded to an invitation to comment that's all. I never said anyone had to think or feel the same. I just gave my opinion. If you don't like my opinions I couldn't give a fuck.
                              Perhaps in future people posting a new thread could clearly outline the only acceptable replies. That would save a lot of pointless fucking around whinging about the 'wrong' opinion.

Do you actually need to have the basics of manners outlined in every thread? Is that a nursery, or is this a place were we come to have friendly discussions?

Your opinion -regardless of how right or wrong is- was expressed in a way-too-harsh fashion, and somebody has just pointed that out. If you really don't give a damn about it, please, keep it then for yourself and don't alienate people.

Frankly speaking, if I want arrogant and opinionated messages I can just go to the Daily Mail website. Nobody enter here for that.

J.
                              «The trouble with the world is that the stupid is cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt»
                              Bertrand Russell.

Comment

Working...
                              X