Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

LIFAD review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFAD review

ok as ive seen Snake and some other people hate LIFAD too i decided to log in and make a review about it.

ok first, its the most horrible, horrendous album they have ever published. none of the songs they put on any album was like these. most of them not just have the main crappy guitar riffs of them as chorus but arent catchy or good in any way at all. (BESIDES lyrics. i actually think the songs are all waste of good lyrics). also most of their verses are better than the choruses themselves. sooo i should start reviewing the songs themselves:

Rammlied: its mostly just the same tune going on for the whole track, the verses suck and the string part at the choruses somehow doesnt even fit with the other instruments. oh also narcissistic lyrics.

Ich tu Dir Weh: i honestly dont get the hype around this song. the verses and bridges are good but then the chorus degrates it all. you would expect a climax like at mein herz brennt's bridge but it just gets worse here.

Waidmanns Heil: the same riff goes through the whole song, again, even though its not even that good. and again, the chorus is worse than the verses and degrades the whole song. its even worse than the only-drum+vocals brigde, having nothing like the vocal melody of it.

Haifisch: the most Rammstein-like song on the main album in my opinion, even though its not too catchy either. it would be a great song if it would be more powerful. but i still like it. would be good for a last song, but not a single...

B******: what?... again, really really really crappy main guitar riffs as choruses. the verses are good though, and i really like the solo (or the part after the 2nd verse, whatever) but i dont get why couldnt they make something like that for choruses too.

Frühling in Paris: not just too goddamn soft but not catchy at all... really not...

Wiener Blut: the verses and string parts might sound good, but they are waaaay too simple... and AGAIN, crappy guitar riff as chorus and most of the song.

Pussy: uhhh... actually, unfortunately i have to say that this is one of the best songs on the main album. it has nice verses, developing of them and a normal chorus. it lacks a solo and vocal melody though, and i STILL dont like them making every second song be related to sex.

Liebe ist für alle da: although it has the suckiest verses of all the songs EVER, its chorus isnt just the main guitar riff and has a very very good vocal melody which are somehow really good together, and could be very nice with improvements.

Mehr: with no doubt, the WORST RAMMSTEIN SONG EVER MADE
    it not just have a BAD and simple main tune but the same goes on for LITERALLY the whole song!!! at first i couldnt believe how the choruses are EXACTLY the same as the verses BUT DEGRADED INTO A FAIL RIFF, even losing its bass line from the verses. and the little simple string added at the second chorus is bullshit.

Roter Sand: not too good but at least one of the most Rammstein-like songs on the main album, having a real chorus, different verse melody and all.

the bonus CD is what it would have been like. i might write about the bonus tracks later but have to go. CYAAA
    Last edited by You; 01-16-2012, 12:00 AM. Reason: meep

Welcome to these foruns. It seems that I finally have found someone who manages to hate LIFAD even more than I do. But I have to say that I find it ironic that the person who manages to hate it even more than me, actually finds pussy to be a good song, and haifisch to be a rammstein-esque song - which is the total opposite of what I think.

I do find your review to be more detailed than mine, and a little bit less agressive. Thanks for sharing it ^^
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Welcome!!!

I'm waiting for the second part .....

Comment

thank You :3 and You're welcome.
        i dont actually find pussy to be good, but better than most of the others on the album. at least in quality. and haifisch is similar to some of the softest songs they have made.

Originally posted by Maya View Post
        Welcome!!!

I'm waiting for the second part .....
        well okay :O :

Führe mich: its definitely a Rammstein-quality song. the keyboard parts are very nice, the vocals also are, especially with the beautiful twist at the second chorus, which also makes the chorus develop, just like the bridges and verses do. it has a very nice solo too. my only problem with it is that the guitar riff goes through the whole song here too (in the verses too). but still, in my opinion, this is the best song from LIFAD (special edition).

Donaukinder: again, a very nice song. good vocals, good verses, verse and chorus development, very good solo and nice theme alltogether. i really dont have any problem with this song :3 maybe the vocals could be a bit more different at 'Wo sind die Kinder' but thats all

Halt: another decent song. maybe the vocals could be better, since they are kinda weird at some parts(probably due to the madness theme). the only thing i would want it to be improved on, is the chorus. nothing is wrong with it, and its good as it is, but it could be better if the vocals/keyboard would sing/play at least a slightly different melody instead of supporting the main(guitar) melody of it. and the solo could be a bit better, not only changing one note at the second part.

Liese: almost the same as Roter Sand :O. and i dont know which lyrics do i prefer (poetically. since roter sand's subject is obviously better)

the main reason i hate LIFAD for is that its by Rammstein, and it doesnt seem like they even tried. if it would be by some random new band i could even consider it decent but even the bonus CD shows that they didnt even try on the main tracks. or maybe they are just trolling with it since a lot of people were complaining how rosenrot and reise reise arent hard enough, so they made a "hard" but sucky album. well i cant get what they were thinking... i can only hope the next album will be like the previous ones, any of them
        Last edited by You; 12-10-2011, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Doesn't "Liese" have the exact same music as "Roter sand", but with different lyrics? Never really paid attention.
          DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

What I actually hope is that they become a touring band and stop producing mediocre material. I don't trust Rammstein anymore when it comes to producing new music.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
              What I actually hope is that they become a touring band and stop producing mediocre material. I don't trust Rammstein anymore when it comes to producing new music.

well i would still like to believe that this was just a trolling or making the fans angry (even though most of them liked the album for some strange reason)
              and it would be totally perfect if they would make an album consisting of material like the bonus CD, since it shows that they didnt really lose their talent :O

Comment

You are soul mates !!!!!!

ja,ja,ja,ja

Comment

Originally posted by You View Post
                  well i would still like to believe that this was just a trolling or making the fans angry (even though most of them liked the album for some strange reason)
                  and it would be totally perfect if they would make an album consisting of material like the bonus CD, since it shows that they didnt really lose their talent :O
                  I think most of them (actually, most of us, since we are all fans here), liked it because the band took a very long hiatus. They released reise reise in 2004, then they only produced a real new album in 2009 (I'm not counting rosenrot because that album was comprised of left-overs from RR). Thats 5 years waiting. When it finally came out, everybody just got hysterical, since the waiting was over. Additionally, the fact that LIFAD was very toned down for the masses helped it to get well accepted among reviewers and casual fans. Thats how I explain its success.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I think most of them (actually, most of us, since we are all fans here), liked it because the band took a very long hiatus. They released reise reise in 2004, then they only produced a real new album in 2009 (I'm not counting rosenrot because that album was comprised of left-overs from RR). Thats 5 years waiting. When it finally came out, everybody just got hysterical, since the waiting was over. Additionally, the fact that LIFAD was very toned down for the masses helped it to get well accepted among reviewers and casual fans. Thats how I explain its success.

that might be true but i was still disappointed. maybe i expected too much(to be like the previous albums)
                    but i still dont get why people say its their best album so far. even old fans, and even though i doubt they would even know them if all their albums would have been like this one
                    but i might be in the minority with that opinion

Comment

^You might be in the minority, but take confort in the fact that you are not alone. At least not in this forum ^^

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^You might be in the minority, but take confort in the fact that you are not alone. At least not in this forum ^^
                        im glad then :3
                        but i gotta go. have fun here you all
                        good niight

Comment

Always in a hurry......

Comment

i think i understand a bit better now why you are saying that you hate lifad - you unpack the music in technical terms like analyzing string parts, guitar riffs, bridges and verses, etcetera , etcetera , blah blah
                            i just like to feeeeel the music and then delve deeper into the unfathomable meanings of the lyrics and what they signify to me ... that is all.

and quoting you on halt ..."but it could be better if the vocals/keyboard would sing/play at least a slightly different melody instead of supporting the main(guitar) melody of it. and the solo could be a bit better, not only changing one note at the second part" ... nothing beats being a sideline referee.
                            and for your grand finale : "a "hard" but sucky album" ?! hahahahahahahaha

rammlied -narcissism??? i believe there is a significant difference between selfishness and acknowledging one's self-worth and self-respect ... requires a certain level of self-awareness...

off that for a bit - (i like the varying opinions - am always open to new viewpoits - makes me think about things and i like that)
                            ... has anyone noticed that all the rammstein studio albums have 11 tracks (except for mig) - anyone know why this is?

oh - have you guys done a review for mig yet ? i have some comments - reise reise should sooo have been on this album (and yes it could have replaced pussy )... and why did they make the title in english and not in german ??? what would a good translation for that be in german? maybe you guys have already reviewed this at length elsewhere?

why did they not play rosenrot at their mig live show (again - it could have replaced pussy ) ... can anything be more brilliant than the german language arrangement here ... Sah ein Mädchen ein Röslein stehen
                            aaand what could have been better than reise reise at a paris show with that gorgeous flake accordian ending !
                            Last edited by AnakondaImNetz; 04-07-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnakondaImNetz View Post
                              [SIZE=2][FONT=century gothic]you unpack the music in technical terms like analyzing string parts, guitar riffs, bridges and verses, etcetera , etcetera , blah blah
                              i just like to feeeeel the music and then delve deeper into the unfathomable meanings of the lyrics and what they signify to me ... that is all.
                              well yea. sorry but there is a reason why you can feeeeel different music differently. if you like one song better than an other there is a reason for it. if you say that you just like it but cant get why is like saying that um.. babies appear but you dont know from where. or something like this.
                              i like to analyze them becouse most of Rammstein music is beautiful musically, and becouse i like to make crappy musics too sometimes =o
                              and if you understand your music then maybe you will enjoy it more too.
                              and as ive said in the post LIFAD is like a waste of good lyrics on not so good music...

oh and bands usually keep the number of track per albums. 11 is exactly good for me. a lot of other bands have 11 too

Comment

Working...
                              X