Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

"Rammstein Paris": Next live DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Chopin
    replied
    Substantial resources were deployed to film Bercy. 27 cameras were used: 9 ARRI Alexa, 3 Sony F3, 3 Canon C300, 1 Sony EX-1, 10 GoPro (miniature cameras installed at strategic locations such as boat or barrel of Pussy ) and 1 SuperTechnoCrane (crane camera ). the cameras, with some exceptions, were arranged differently both nights. They were filming in high definition and some in slow motion. The group has all the cards to make a very good live from the technical point of view, the device presence at two concerts more akin to that required in the filming of a movie!
    Damn... I think 14 cameras were used for Live from Madison Square Garden movie. Certainly a lot of great footage was available.
    Akerlund mentioned in Vice interview about year and half ago that his Rammstein movie will be "huge and conceptual". With the show program (coming to the stage over the bridge, playing on B stage, etc.), brilliant tracklist, energic performances of band members etc. I think this concert movie will be fantastic.
    I don't know how much we can judge from Akerlund-directed Rammstein videos ("Mann gegen Mann", "Pussy", "Ich tu dir weh", "Mein Land") which were mainly performance videos.

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    ^ I haven't seen that clip but sounds interesting. I agree and have a feeling this live show will look quite different from the New York show and I like that. It seems some of the cameras they were using in Paris were a higher quality than New York/Montreal. There was nothing wrong with Madison Square Garden at all.. but the cameras listed/spotted by rammsteinworld.com from the Bercy shows seem to be very top end. Hollywood quality.

I think they may have really gone all out on this concert. I just hope the editing does it justice.

Substantial resources were deployed to film Bercy. 27 cameras were used: 9 ARRI Alexa, 3 Sony F3, 3 Canon C300, 1 Sony EX-1, 10 GoPro (miniature cameras installed at strategic locations such as boat or barrel of Pussy ) and 1 SuperTechnoCrane (crane camera ). the cameras, with some exceptions, were arranged differently both nights. They were filming in high definition and some in slow motion. The group has all the cards to make a very good live from the technical point of view, the device presence at two concerts more akin to that required in the filming of a movie!
    http://www.rammsteinworld.com/discog...ur-dvd-blu-ray (google translated)

Leave a comment:

• yermawsucks
    replied
    I wonder if they will call it "Frühling in Paris" as it was shot in March 2012 (early spring) and they closed both shows with Frühling in Paris. I don't know how I feel about Åkerlund directing

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    ^You got me worried on "shot in a much more artistic and none-linear fashion than previous Rammstein concert-films".

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    A video is floating around showing a short intro sequence from the Bercy-concert film. However the clip is said to be from 2013. I saw it, and I am very sure that it's not a fake. The clip is less than 10 seconds long, and shows the bridge getting lowered. You can be sure that it's real because some of the clips are close ups and even some shots from" Go-Pro"-cameras mounted on the bridge itself. In the end the Rammstein logo emerges, and is shortly after replaced with the title "Made in Germany". None of the band members are visible, it shows only the bridge and crowd. The quality is horrible of course, and the video itself is not worthy of spending days looking for it. But it was at least interesting to find.

That being said, the few people who claim to have seen it at some point, say that the concert-film is shot in a much more artistic and none-linear fashion than previous Rammstein concert-films. Meaning slow-motion sequences and some interesting camera angles and editing. Although this of course from people who "claim" to have seen it.

However, I wouldn't be suprised if this really is the case. First of all, you'll never get anything simple and straight-forward from Åkerlund. Secondly, the Bercy and the Madison Square Garden shows are both indoor shows with almost the same stage, and have together 11 of the same songs in their setlist. Therefore I can understand that the footage needs to look different in order to make both products unique.

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    It would certainly make more sense to have used his interview in 'In Amerika' so maybe it was just scrapped. Strange though as I would say he is a bigger name than a couple of artists in that documentary (the woman who used to be in Smashing Pumpkins for example).

Even if he didn't say much you would think something would come of it. Maybe this documentary will first detail their European success and then go into how Paris has become special to them? That way it gives room for artists to share backstage stories of European festivals etc.

We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• Rocky Chopin
    replied
    I don't see why that footage would be used in "Rammstein Paris"... I mean, documentary will probably be about those Paris shows back in March 2012, behind-the-scenes stuff etc.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    Ok, that makes sense...

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Why would one interview Nikki Sixx for a Rammstein documentary? I mean...he's pretty amazing on his own...but has what, exactly, to do with Rammstein ?
    Bands often have other artists appear in their documentaries. Take 'In Amerika' for example. Behind the scenes bands bump into each other and there are stories to tell. That or they are also fans themselves and share their experiences.

Leave a comment:

• EmeraldRose
    replied
    Why would one interview Nikki Sixx for a Rammstein documentary? I mean...he's pretty amazing on his own...but has what, exactly, to do with Rammstein ?

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    A quick thought.. I wonder if this documentary will feature interviews with other rock stars like In Amerika?

I remember 2 or 3 years ago there was a tweet of a picture of Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue) being interviewed for a Rammstein documentary. I think it may have been the first suggestion of a documentary at all.

Obviously Nikki Sixx was missing from the In Amerika film which makes me wonder if his and other interviews take place in this documentary instead. I guess we will see!

EDIT: "Wednesday 13th June 2012 Nikki Sixx posted this picture to twitter with the caption: 'Being interviewed for Rammstein documentary in Berlin yesterday.'" :

Attached Files
    Last edited by Ramm91; 05-13-2016, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky Chopin
    replied

http://www.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.org....annes-2016.pdf

Right now, we can't really guess how this film will look like... There was the same situation when trailer for Rammstein in Amerika appeared, together with some info on some movie sites. Fans were guessing whether it's just a documentary, or a documentary combined with live footage. I hope we will see something official soon...

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    ^True, but there is also precedence for the band recording a concert and then never releasing it (Velodrom 2001). Hence, it can go either way.

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake View Post
    At this point, only the documentary is confirmed; there is no announcement, press release, or evidence about a RiA-like package.
    We had a similar situation with In Amerika though. Only a documentary was confirmed before the full announcement. Recording concerts cost a lot not to mention Richard saying in an Emigrate interview that Rammstein were releasing multiple live DVDs. Pretty safe bet we get the Bercy shows with this release

..And I really like that poster/leaflet!

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    These are good times to be a Rammstein fan !

Great news. I expected something like this one day, but not yet (although the footage might be 3 years old already).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X