Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

"Rammstein Paris": Next live DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chaser
    replied
    Originally posted by Xendar View Post
    There will be no documentary, the version that was shown in Cannes and the theaters is indeed a shortened version (1 hour and 38 minutes).
    A full length recording will be released.
    All of this, according to this post.

What do you mean by "there will be no documentary"? Now i'm confused, really. It's gonna be a double DVD (exactly lia RiA), concert + documentary, or only the the Paris 2012 show?

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    I agree. The film was also recently shown at another film-festival in Cologne (Germany). On the festival's website, the film was categorized as a "concertfilm", so I guess this confirms again what we thought.

That being said, some fans have reported that they were interviewed outside the venue by a film crew. This could mean that there is indeed some kind of intro/prolouge or epiloug in which the preperation for the gig is shown.

Leave a comment:

• Xendar
    replied
    There will be no documentary, the version that was shown in Cannes and the theaters is indeed a shortened version (1 hour and 38 minutes).
    A full length recording will be released.
    All of this, according to this post.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    It would be cool if it would include a CD again.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    The theatre versions of In Amerika were shortened to appr. 1½ hour each. So it'l make sense to have a move-version and a dvd version, with some extra material, I would think like Volkerball: A full concert and a very short documentary or behind the scene.

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    Hmmm I'm not sure why but I assumed there would be 2 different films. A concert and a documentary just like In Amerika?

This would explain the behind the scenes footage filmed. A very short clip was included in the 'In Amerika' documentary. It showed the band in MIG outfits backstage. Also that black and white video that was on facebook with the band in costume on stage talking about Jonas Åkerlund.

However.. yes I can't image there would be a 1 hour 38 minute film about Rammstein's connection to Paris unless they had a lot of stories and archive footage to support that.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    During an interview with Paul Landers in 2009, he was asked if the band had any future projects in plan with Jonas Åkerlund. When asked if they would ever consider him as a director for a concertfilm, Paul answered by saying "we would like that, but when we asked him we found out that he is out of our league price wise" . Knowing that, I always knew that the band never would have cancelled the Bercy-movie or use the footage for something else. I think they have to make A LOT of money with this movie.

Furthermore, according to Rammsteinworld the 1 hour 38 minutes cut that was shown at Cannes, was the standard theatrical cut. They also said that the film is probably not a documentary, but a full concertfilm. Which means the DVD/Blu-Ray release will most likely include the entire 2 hour show.

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    ..also I would love to see a 2016 concert DVD but I don't think it will happen. Just the same as 2013. I know the 2013 shows were mostly the MIG production but there was a different feel to it and seeing the big burning cross on Sonne would have been cool.

Maybe we'll get that as bonus footage? But seeing as the DVD is called 'Paris' and not 'Made In Germany Tour' I can only imagine we'll see footage from Paris much like the style of 'In Amerika'.

Leave a comment:

• Ramm91
    replied
    I'm pretty sure the reason for waiting for this DVD was because of the long wait for the In Amerika release. It made sense to release the LIFAD concert before the MIG.

From Paul's comments it seemed like they weren't sure if the In Amerika documentary was going to work or not (re-edits etc). So I'm guessing this was the delay in release.

I had a pretty good guess that they would release Paris this Autumn/Winter after the 2016 Summer shows where people would be talking about the band again. They also had more time to work on this release with the delay of In Amerika.

I do admit that with the current tour happening I'm not as excited for a MIG release after all this time. Lab and Volkerball took about a year and a half to release? A 4 year wait is a little much.

But of course I'll be buying it and probably LOVING it! Would be great to see a UK cinema release but I very much doubt that.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    ^If we get a dvd from this tour, considering how long it ususally seems to take, we'll have to wait to 2020 before we see it . . . And by then hopefully we'll have another tour to rave about.

I know I said before, that I'd only buy one dvd of this batch, and I already got the US, but since we're now a year later: I might not be able to resist

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    ^I think that if they indeed make a new album, they will probably want to tour with a completely new stage. I agree that it really doesn't seem that likely that this tour gets a concert-film, but it fucking deserves one.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake View Post
    ^I hope they secure the rights to the footage recorded in some of the festivals and are able to release a DVD showcasing this tour, even if it ends up being an amalgamation of several concerts.
    The footage from the Download-festival had incredible sound and camera-work for a TV-proshot. That could probably have something to do with the fact that SkyArts were in charge. Anyway, performances that were filmed during Download often end up as concertfilmes. If they can, they should use that footage and maybe mix it a bit with footage from the Hurricane-festival.

But I don't think this tour will get a live-DVD release by itself. Maybe they would edit something together from this tour for a live-performance collection set. Most likely though, they will keep the new stage equipment and some elements fom this show, and use for their next tour once they have more songs or even an album. We will then get a concertfilm from that tour.

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    ^I hope they secure the rights to the footage recorded in some of the festivals and are able to release a DVD showcasing this tour, even if it ends up being an amalgamation of several concerts.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    ^I wouldn't go as far as not giving a fuck about it, because it will have some rarities: it will be the only DVD so far with a live version of Mutter, Mann gegen Mann, Bück Dich, and Mein Herz Brennt. And besides that it will be an overall great show for it had some amazing stuff going on. Too bad it's 4 years after the show already, but it's still better than nothing.

I prefer the current tour (which I would have never thought before), though I fear there won't be anything officially recorded from it.

Leave a comment:

• Snake
    replied
    Now I don't give a fuck anymore about the Paris concert. I'd rather get a DVD from the current summer tour.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X