Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

In Amerika: next Rammstein DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake View Post
    I became a 13 year old fanboy while watching the Rammlied video.
    Exactly the same here

Comment

Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
      Originally posted by Snake View Post
      I became a 13 year old fanboy while watching the Rammlied video.
      Exactly the same here
      I know the feeling. I was determined to be cool about the DVDs - they made us wait too long - and now: . . .I pre-ordered the minute I saw it was possible, and I cannot wait for it to arrive. I already dread that the 25th is a Friday so I probably wont get it until the Monday or Tuesday.

Counting days, counting hours

Comment

Originally posted by Xendar View Post
        the only part which sounded odd was the "Ein Ziel, Ein Motif..." part.
        Untill yesterday I always thought that was a voice-over taken from the record. Just like the "Wer wartet mit Besonnenheit..." part. It's either live or (and that's more likely I guess) another recorded sample, though not the one from the album.
        Last edited by Waidmann; 08-15-2015, 03:02 PM.
        Dort wo der Horizont
        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
          Untill yesterday I always thought that was a voice-over taken from the record. Just like the "Wer wartet mit Besonnenheit..." part. It's either live or (and that's more likely I guess) another recorded sample, though not the one from the album.
          Most likely the later. The voice samples used during the LIFAD tour will probably be replaced by other ones in order to hide the fact that Till used playback on many ocasions. I talked to some people that argue this is stupid, but I actually think it is clever (albeit ironic).
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I agree with Snake that it is clever, this way to conceal they are using the album's playback.
            But frankly this new playback (or an audio mix) sounds bad.
            Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

Till's overuse of samples and backingtracks is another reason why I think the LIFAD tour wasn't the bands strongest tour. I don't have a problem with him using some samples, because they are playing industrial metal. A genre which cannot be played 100% "live" without using some samples and added effects (which is partially Flake's job).
              Flake putting on a sample which Till sings along to is in a sense their way of performing, and I don't think there is anything wrong about it.

That being said, they usually only used backingtracks for small parts, usually when vocals overlapped (Das alte Leid), to make a stronger chorus (Heirate Mich, the "Hei, hei" shouts), or when a song had an overnatural scream which cannot really be reproduced live (Herzeleid, Stein um Stein).

But with LIFAD they went a little to far with almost entire choruses and segments being full playback. I can imagine this being irritating for Till, so at some point, I think he didn't really sing along to it anymore, and didn't really perform authentic to it.

It looks like they are re-recording most of the vocals since Till in addition to this, also did a lot of small mistakes. But here I am pre-judging again.

Comment

I think Till blew his voice in the first Lifad show(s) to an extend where he could continue the tour (as cancelling dates is always kind of out of the question for every fan-respecting band, except if there's a REALLY good reason like an accident or sickness), but couldn't put too much strain on his voice. That would explain why he didn't even do the chorus of Liebe ist für alle da: it's sung a pitch higher than his normal clean voice, which made it too much of a strain to pull off in that moment. A pity, because during the MIG-tour he would've been able to. The reason why he blew his voice could be that he misjudged the vocals on LIFAD, maybe not realizing to the full how much vocal range and screaming he put in the record. Or overdoing during the warm ups and/or he maybe didn't train a lot during the hiatus.

@Chrisss: why would you think they made a lot of mistakes? I think it looked ok on Rammlied, no (though yes, I did spot a moment where it didn't perfectly corresponded, but that is all).
                Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

^ I don't understand your question, are you refering to the editing? With small mistakes I meant stuff like the microphone not working on "B*****" properly at parts, messing up the lyrics in "Du riechst so gut", not hitting every note correctely on "Sonne". Little stuff I noticed throughout the years of watching/listening to bootlegs of the show.

I think if they already decided to re-record stuff on Rammlied, they will probably fix those other parts too. That's what I meant.

All in all, I think this has some similarities with the production of the "Mein Herz Brennt" video. The original version of the concertmovie that was supposed to be released christmas 2011, which was directed by Matthew Amos and featured audio mixed by Stefan Glaumann, has been discarded. They probably were not pleased and sent it back and forth until they were satisfyed. That could explain the delayes.

PS: As of now I am only nitpicking. Don't think I am actually dropping some serious criticsm here. Actually I think this is will be a very good and well produced release by Rammstein. I'm just blabbering about some tiny details I notice. If it get's annoying feel free to ask me to stop.
                  Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 08-15-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I think Till blew his voice in the first Lifad show(s) to an extend where he could continue the tour (as cancelling dates is always kind of out of the question for every fan-respecting band, except if there's a REALLY good reason like an accident or sickness), but couldn't put too much strain on his voice. That would explain why he didn't even do the chorus of Liebe ist für alle da: it's sung a pitch higher than his normal clean voice, which made it too much of a strain to pull off in that moment. A pity, because during the MIG-tour he would've been able to. The reason why he blew his voice could be that he misjudged the vocals on LIFAD, maybe not realizing to the full how much vocal range and screaming he put in the record. Or overdoing during the warm ups and/or he maybe didn't train a lot during the hiatus.
                    I agree with 100% of what you said, except you also need to consider that Till was sick early in the tour, and they postponed a concert in Luxembourg because one night he felt really bad. But that was as far as I know the only concert the band ever had to postpone due to Till having vocal issues.

Comment

^Yes, my question was regarding one tiny moment where Till's lip movement didn't exactly match the sound, though I'm not sure whether that's the editing or Till's bad lip-synching with the voice-over ...
                      I wouldn't know about the other mistakes; I don't care to much about it actually, only if it's all good in the end. At Werchter 2013 Richard's mike didn't appear during Du Riechst So Gut, so he made us yell his part each time. A few moments later, an angry Till throws his water at one of the crew members and pushes one away out frustration (nothing hard or dangerous, just to make a point). It was quite funny . I just hope they've picked one of the better gigs, not one that "failed" in too many respects. In the end I think all Rammstein concerts are good enough to watch, but some are just less good, and I hope it's not just the name and fame of Madison Square Garden that made them decide to choose that particular gig. At the Wuhlheide or Arènes de Nîmes for the previous live DVDs, there was a special vibe, something 'hanging in the air' according to several band members, and I hope the same goes for this show.

Uhu, yes I remember the sickness as well. I believe it was in the period of the swine flu terrorizing western Europe, and all of them got sick to a certain extend, though Till and Flake (who was replaced one night I think) were the most affected ones. I'm glad I was too late to book that Luxembourg gig, because the alternative date turned out absolutely impossible for me .
                      Last edited by Waidmann; 08-16-2015, 01:03 AM. Reason: I don't know how you people put up with my English
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Reason: I don't know how you people put up with my English
                        My English is worse

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                          My English is worse
                          No one here is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                            My English is worse
                            No it's not !

Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                            No one here is perfect
                            Rubbish. Chrisss Nofff is. The man just knows everything. EVERYTHINGGG !!!
                            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Rubbish. Chrisss Nofff is. The man just knows everything. EVERYTHINGGG !!!
                              And what he doesn't know, he makes up

Comment

By the way, the site SeidBreit has made a comparison of the 2 concerts (Montreal and MSG).
                                Write in Youtube "Rammlied video analisis by seidbereit ru".

- Yep, had to take it off
                                Last edited by Xendar; 08-17-2015, 02:39 PM.
                                Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

Working...
                                X