Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shots from the 2 shows I personally attended and photographed:
    crowdsurfing1.jpg
    Crowdsurfing2.jpg
    smallstage1.jpg
    2012-04-23_21-30-26_784 2.jpg

The places were packed. So while it's probably true some venues didn't sell out, I'd say a good number of the venues did sell well and OVERALL the US tour did have a good turn out. I believe in Atlanta the GA floor tickets sold out. So hopefully the US in general won't be remembered for poor ticket sales.
    "I came to see that it is all vanity and a striving after the wind"

Comment

How do you define "poor advertising"? Cause I don't feel like there's a lot of advertising going on here in Europe (or in the Netherlands, anyway). A few weeks ago I was able to get my hands on tickets for Muse in the ZiggoDome next December. If my friend, who happens to work for Ziggo, hadn't told me they were coming, I think I still wouldn't know
      Novembernebel/lifeofNeej

Weiter, weiter ins Verderben...

Comment

There was little or no advertising here in England, (apart from magazines), but the tickets still sold like hot cakes.

Comment

Yeah I have the Metal Hammer magazine with a whole page.

Comment

Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
            There was little or no advertising here in England, (apart from magazines), but the tickets still sold like hot cakes.
            Yeah that's my point, muse (with little to no advertising) was sold out in like half an hour, and Rammstein last year took about 15 minutes to sell out.. But apart from that, the fact that Rammstein even HAS a fanbase in the USA is pretty awesome ofcourse, for a German band
            Novembernebel/lifeofNeej

Weiter, weiter ins Verderben...

Comment

Originally posted by KatesterLizbrat View Post
              Shots from the 2 shows I personally attended and photographed:The places were packed. So while it's probably true some venues didn't sell out, I'd say a good number of the venues did sell well and OVERALL the US tour did have a good turn out. I believe in Atlanta the GA floor tickets sold out. So hopefully the US in general won't be remembered for poor ticket sales.
              I'm sorry, but adding "overall" doesn't make it any more believable. Don't get me wrong: I think the US tour was a succes, but the very limited amount of tour dates combined with the fact that several venues didn't sell out (which indicates the offer of R+ was probably higher than the demand) makes the assumption "poor ticket sales" quite legit when comparing to Europe. I think they got more out of the US tour than was ever thought to be possible, but the difference with the european crowd stays hard to neglect. I believe the tour had a good turn, just like you do, but it stays an opinion with facts pro, but also con. The reason of my positive perception is the willing attitude of Rammstein and the fact they organize a quite worthy tour (with all the equipment and more than 10 dates) nowadays in the US (which isn't too logic as they didn't do that in the past AND they're really selecting places, which we can derive from the fact there isn't any talk so far about going back to Asia, Australia or Africa with their MIG).

And just to add: your statement that "Overall, western culture only likes pop music" is for me something between an opinion and 'circular reasoning'. Pop music is that what is popular music and therefore reaches noticable high in the charts. So, R+ used to make pop music between 2001 and 2005 in Europe. But if your calling pop music a certain type of music (with a certain sound), your changing the original definition and ignoring the history of pop music, which contained (almost?) every genre. So that statement of yours I can't follow (or if I would follow it I can only read it as "the western cultural overall likes what it likes", and that reminds me of images of Captain Obvious).

Glad you had a crowded gig with tons of enthousiasm! I envy you as I didn't had the change to get any tickets at all. Maybe that negative feeling makes me split hairs ... For that: I'm sorry!

Hope we hear something from the documentary soon!
              Last edited by Waidmann; 07-14-2012, 05:53 PM. Reason: Made no sense at all
              Dort wo der Horizont
              Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
              Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
              Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Ohio ended up selling out

Comment

Here's an interesting thing I noticed.

After purchasing my floor ticket for the San Antonio, TX concert, out of curiosity, I continued to check the availability for floor section tickets. Partly because I had a friend that wanted to get into floor as well, and partly because I was hoping Rammstein would do decently in America in regards to ticket sales. Well, the floor section sold out pretty quickly, and gradually the other sections sold out.

However, when the actual concert came, the floor section did not feel full really. There were some gaps larger than anything I had seen in photos of some of the European shows. I highly doubt that so many people would simply not go to something they paid that much for, so I'm kinda wondering if it had something to do with the venue setting a bit of a low limit for the tickets.

Not sure if this could be applicable to the other shows across the US though.

(Regardless, the audience was still great, and the show was obviously amazing.)

Comment

^Well, maybe the US security doesn't always allow the venues to be too much crowded too avoid emergencies and such. European venues are normally packed, but I often see someone faint or leave the crowd because the overcrowded place affects their health.
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Regarding the EU concerts, the ground floor in Helsinki was really lame even though the whole arena was sold out in 15 minutes. I was seriously mad because I had to take a seated spot and with the only exception being the first 3-5 rows, the ground floor was mostly just people standing still and/or filming.

Comment

Originally posted by KatesterLizbrat View Post
                        Back on topic: A R+ doc including interviews from other musicians would be epic! I think R+ have influenced more artists than is openly admitted in part bc it's not currently the hip thing for them to do (any Cure fans here remember when it was "cool" to name drop The Cure left and right?). So hearing large acts and other artists admit their admiration for R+ would be a really nice layer of icing on the bands career cake.
                        It's a shame musicians have to do the "hip" thing in order to sell records or merchandise. The fact is most bands that have any modicum of commercial success have been influenced by bands like Rammstein. I can think of at least 5 or 6 bands who have incorporated that exact same sound of dark and powerful chords and deep voiced gruff but melodic vocals. In my opinion Rammstein never achieved huge commercial success here in America because the general public on the whole has been spoon fed who to listen to and who will be huge ny the record companies and multi media companies. To be honest I am glad they werent pushed more here, most people dont or couldnt get the message Rammstein seeks to deliver in their songs.

Comment

I want the documentary to be on dvd so I can watch it lots.
                          overcoming depression really helped me

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                            They are clearly preparing a lot of releases to compensate the band hiatus.
                            Hi Snake,
                            Been offline for a while due to work. Do you think that means their not finished, meaning there will be perhaps another album? I still wonder what the purpose was for bringing out Mein Land, if not for making another album after their break, which then hopefully would mean another world concert tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
                              Oh I didn't think of that, I hope they release it so their Yankee fans can see it. A huge problem is that it takes forever for foreign movies to hit Amerika. I think R+ won't forget their Amerikan fans.
                              In today's day and age you can release something new on the moon and get bootlegs anywhere the next day thanks to the Internet.

Comment

In Mein Land's making of they said they were to studio next year, but things have changed and the last they said was that they'll be back for summer festivals next year. maybe they'll continue with MIG tour later as they didn't go to many places like SouthAmerica.

Comment

Working...
                                X