Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Rammstein documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they like to keep us in the dark Maya. LOL As always.

A few thoughts to all the comments I've read, Really, you all have a point. True some venues were not sold out, as a matter of fact, most were not. I attribute that to poor advertising for the most part. But I also think that Rammstein in particular is somewhat of a niche band because of their type of music, singing in German only, and of course their live show which once more moderate folks check it out is (let's say) shocking to the casual music fan. I guess I can describe it based on the reaction of some of my friends, some of which who came to the show, and then some who did not after they checked them out.

Some quotes: "Why would I want to see a band I cannot understand." "That's nuts, he's raping the guy on stage with a dildo." "That looks like fun, I want to check it out." "Awesome, look at all the fire."

You can guess which ones came with me and my wife to see them. These are true statements btw, and I can only say this, after the concert back at work we were telling about what we saw and experienced and just about everyone who didn't go regretted it. As to the popularity of the band. My wife has a friend who owns a production company in California, and is in the know if you wish, and he's never even heard of Rammstein. Now, you take everything that's been said under consideration and it's not really surprising the venues didn't sell out.

Now, concerts sell out when a band is popular. When is a band popular? When the songs are being played on the radio stations and on TV. The media decides which band is popular. All you have to do is look at some of what's being offered. There are so many mediocre bands and singers out there that are successful due to the media hype. Keep in mind too, and those who've lived in both the US and Europe know, the US is a lot more conservative than Europe. So, if you just base it on what you see at a concert, yea, no surprise there. It is pretty obvious to me that Rammstein does not care much about political correctness if you wish, never have. Do you think you would ever see the original Pussy video on American TV? Well, in Germany they even advertised it on TV. Not so in the US.

I do know this. With the LIFAD and MIG tour they surely must have added quite a few new fans. It also made them a bit more current in the US. As long as they don't stay away for many years so they get forgotten again I would venture to say that the next US tour (if there will be another one) will see better ticket sales.

As to the concert in Houston which we attended. It was about 85 to 90% sold out. Really, only behind the secondary stage it was pretty much empty. That may even be partly due to the setup itself. However, it rocked big time. I saw some comments that stated that the crowd was not much into it. Well, I am inclined to say that's not true. There were many songs the majority sang along. We were hard to hear for sure since the music was extremely loud. My right ear was gone half way through Sonne. Now, the crowd was not as animated as they usually are at a concert in Europe, but I think there were quite a few newbies (as in seeing them live) like me in the crowd. There were times when I caught myself just standing there with an open mouth drooling. LOL The band was appreciative for sure and gosh you could tell how exhausted they were when they lined up to say good bye.

By now we know that the tour was a success financially, which leads me to believe that they would come back. In the end it is about making money too, right? Hopefully I get to go home (Germany) when they're on tour there and catch them live where every fan sings along. From what I saw online the best concerts are in Germany, England and France. Either way, we all have quite a few things to look forward to regarding new releases, just hope it includes another visit to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by melstefs View Post
      Hi Snake,
      Been offline for a while due to work. Do you think that means their not finished, meaning there will be perhaps another album? I still wonder what the purpose was for bringing out Mein Land, if not for making another album after their break, which then hopefully would mean another world concert tour.
      Even if they are finished or not, they are clearly pushing to release everything across a long period of time. This is probably because they are not working in a new album, and they are only returning to summer festivals next year. Kruspe as said multiples times in interviews over the USA in 2012 that the band does not feel ready to go to studio yet, since last time it was hell. And they have already told some fan clubes that they wanted to go on a one year-long hiatus. Thats why I am counting on both the single/videoclip and live DVD to take so long to be released.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
        Even if they are finished or not, they are clearly pushing to release everything across a long period of time. This is probably because they are not working in a new album, and they are only returning to summer festivals next year. Kruspe as said multiples times in interviews over the USA in 2012 that the band does not feel ready to go to studio yet, since last time it was hell. And they have already told some fan clubes that they wanted to go on a one year-long hiatus. Thats why I am counting on both the single/videoclip and live DVD to take so long to be released.
        Yea, you could be right Snake. Another break after the Festivals and then perhaps they can bring themselves to crack one out one more time.

Comment

@Melstefs A different point of view... maybe you are right and those could be the causes. I know you were looking forward the gig, I'm glad you enjoyed.

Comment

They had difficulties as a band after they recorded 'Mutter' or 'Reise Reise', but then came LIFAD and things seemed all fine. The last thing they said, was that they were doing summerfestivals next year. Kruspe mentioned that a new album is expected at least in 2013 and not sooner.

@Melstefs: here in Belgium, their concerts are allways sold out in half an houre maximum and it's really hard to get a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Saar View Post
              They had difficulties as a band after they recorded 'Mutter' or 'Reise Reise', but then came LIFAD and things seemed all fine. The last thing they said, was that they were doing summerfestivals next year. Kruspe mentioned that a new album is expected at least in 2013 and not sooner.

@Melstefs: here in Belgium, their concerts are allways sold out in half an houre maximum and it's really hard to get a ticket.
              I wouldn't doubt it. I think anywhere across Europe in general it doesn't take long for them to sell out. I hope you got to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saar View Post
                I thought the band was close to breaking-up while recording LIFAD....or was it just Richard being too dramatic again.
                Mich verfolgt meine eigene scheisse!

Comment

^Yup, Kruspe said it was a hell in many interviews and now everybody is afraid of going back to studio (think he said this in Mein Land's making of).

Comment

Working...
                  X