Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

"Mein Herz Brennt": next single/videoclip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    @Waidmann The complete translation of Recuenco's interview is here: http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...mmstein-Mexico

I think it's interesting.
    Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    @Waidmann The complete translation of Recuenco's interview is here: http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...mmstein-Mexico

I think it's interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    ^Eugenio Recuenco has shared the workbook on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8126703&type=3
    Last edited by Maya; 01-15-2013, 12:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    Could you paraphrase what is been said in general? A complete translation won't be neccessary IMO.
    At the beginning they talk about his style and inspiration as a photographer. After that, they begin with MHB, Rammstein asked him to film the video when they saw Utero's video in his website.

And now the things you want to read, he chose the location. They talk about the changes in the original story, the video was planned as a movie trailer in which the band were the main characters of an open story, he thinks that probably the problem was they weren't singing or playing and they are not used to that. And he explains the original story: It was an orphanage created by Till, father of Melanie, a "special" girl. The orphanage manager, Richard, doesn't want to close the place when Till's Daughter dies. Besides, we can see the weird practises taking place there, "Flake" avoids the children running away from that prison-school, etc. (At this point, he sends the interviewer the workbook written for the video, and he says is amazing)

And of course, they talk about the reasons why the video wasn't used. Eugenio doesn't know them. He showed them a cut of the video and during the following 5 months he asked them what they think about it, but he didn't receive any answer. In May they answered they didn't like his edition and he proposed them to make it together. Nothing else until September, when they sent him the new one, and invite him to be co-director, but he didn't want that, only the mention of the cession of his video footage.

He felt very bad, when they denied him the possibility of showing any image out of the final video. He wants to show the images, even without any music. He signed a contract with them in June, in which he gave them the rights of the images, of course, when he did it, he didn't know about the new filming.

There's much more, I'm sure it will be translated soon...
    Last edited by Maya; 01-10-2013, 03:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    ^I'll do it tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    Eugenio Recuenco gave an interview to Rammstein Mexico, text in Spanish (thinking about translating it).

http://www.rammstein.com.mx/foro/vie...php?f=3&t=2105
    Could you paraphrase what is been said in general? A complete translation won't be neccessary IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    Eugenio Recuenco gave an interview to Rammstein Mexico, text in Spanish (thinking about translating it).

http://www.rammstein.com.mx/foro/vie...php?f=3&t=2105

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    RammsteinWorld have created a new website dedicated to MHB. It includes interviews with Sven Helbig, Zoran Bihać and Melanie Gaydos.

http://mhb.rammsteinworld.com/?lang=en

Leave a comment:

• KatesterLizbrat
    replied
    Don't have the box set yet (avoiding spoilers) but have seen the video & love it! Very dark, fitting to the song lyrics & music & extremely entertaining strictly from an art perspective but especially to a fan of the band. Now for that eagerly anticipated live footage... (Still suffering withdrawal)

Leave a comment:

• Whitewolf
    replied
    I hope i do not get into trouble for this, but here is a link to the "making of MHB with English subtitles"........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Em1eDq3W_7Y

Leave a comment:

• Iroto-chan
    replied
    ^That's exactly, how I feel, too :-).
    Oh by the way, can someone explain me the scene, where Till is lying on the floor, half naked, with his arms outstretched, kinda frightened look on his face, end pins of the cellos sticking out of his bleeding heart? What do you think it means? What are they doing to Him?

Leave a comment:

• Unski88
    replied
    MHB music video is great. I was amazed when i watched it. I have watched it many times and everytime i find out something new. I think i will watch it again now

Leave a comment:

• Whitewolf
    replied
    As i wrote above, i have just seen the "Making of MHB", with in my opinion is the best i have seen.

There are some interesting out-takes and quotes:

There is some footage of what appears to be Rammstein dressed as English WW2 soldiers building a funeral pyre with a child on top (well, they are wearing army trousers and typical English WW2 style helmets, but are bare chested)

They are also filmed dressed like this but with big "cones" on their faces!

In an interview with a little girl she describes a scene where the children were all hung.

Watching R+ learning to play the cellos was funny. Schneider actually said he booked a lesson.

It is worth a watch, very interesting. Plus i think Till could be a great actor at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Whitewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake View Post
    Recuenco is pissed off at Rammstein, and I don't blame him. According to what he says, 70% percent of the clip is based on his footage.

He would like that they allowed him to show his original cut. He also says it was his best work yet, and that Bihacs's cut has nothing to do with what he originally made.

The link is his original post, written in Spanish: https://www.facebook.com/eugenio.rec...51176937050267
    Firstly, Snakes interpretation of the video is spot on. I have just finished watching the "making of" on the R+ DVD boxset. It is split into two parts, Recuenco's original filming, then when Zoran Bihac comes along.

Is seems that Recuenco's original idea was the part when the kids were young and also the teacher, with Till terrorising them. When Rammstein saw the results they were pleased, but felt the video lacked an ending/proper storyline.
    Zoran was called in and came up with the idea of the future (Till being immortal), with the kids and teacher now much older, mixed in with the original Recuenco footage. It is feasible that 70% is Recuenco footage, but thats hard to tell.

I think it is an awesome video, one of Rammsteins best.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X