Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

"Mein Herz Brennt": next single/videoclip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    Could you paraphrase what is been said in general? A complete translation won't be neccessary IMO.
    At the beginning they talk about his style and inspiration as a photographer. After that, they begin with MHB, Rammstein asked him to film the video when they saw Utero's video in his website.

And now the things you want to read, he chose the location. They talk about the changes in the original story, the video was planned as a movie trailer in which the band were the main characters of an open story, he thinks that probably the problem was they weren't singing or playing and they are not used to that. And he explains the original story: It was an orphanage created by Till, father of Melanie, a "special" girl. The orphanage manager, Richard, doesn't want to close the place when Till's Daughter dies. Besides, we can see the weird practises taking place there, "Flake" avoids the children running away from that prison-school, etc. (At this point, he sends the interviewer the workbook written for the video, and he says is amazing)

And of course, they talk about the reasons why the video wasn't used. Eugenio doesn't know them. He showed them a cut of the video and during the following 5 months he asked them what they think about it, but he didn't receive any answer. In May they answered they didn't like his edition and he proposed them to make it together. Nothing else until September, when they sent him the new one, and invite him to be co-director, but he didn't want that, only the mention of the cession of his video footage.

He felt very bad, when they denied him the possibility of showing any image out of the final video. He wants to show the images, even without any music. He signed a contract with them in June, in which he gave them the rights of the images, of course, when he did it, he didn't know about the new filming.

There's much more, I'm sure it will be translated soon...
    Last edited by Maya; 01-10-2013, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• ^Eugenio Recuenco has shared the workbook on Facebook.
      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8126703&type=3
      Last edited by Maya; 01-15-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• @Waidmann The complete translation of Recuenco's interview is here: http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...mmstein-Mexico

I think it's interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
          @Waidmann The complete translation of Recuenco's interview is here: http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...mmstein-Mexico

I think it's interesting.
          Thank you very much!
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• @Maya, it is interesting as it finally allows to have the view of the situation from both sides. Helps to form an opinion on director's war
            Die Rammstein Akten.
            The ultimate Rammstein press archive.
            http://www.rammsteinpress.com/

Comment

• ^I was expecting more interviews, but with this one probably it's enough. He shared the workbook, this way, we can also see his story is lost.

Comment

• I only think it is a shame that a project like this for a song like MHB ended up in such a clusterfuck.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• x2

They should have filmed a new video without using Recuenco's footage, if they didn't like his video. Maybe they would have two awesome videos, now they have a chaos.

Comment

• ^How do you mean, "now they have chaos"?

I'm with Zoran's ideas on this to be honest, although I really like the idea of a video as if it were a movie trailer.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^Yes, it's chaotic.

I thought I spoke here about it, but it was on FB.

A year ago, we knew about Recuenco's video... since them I was waiting for it; I wanted to see what he could do with it. (I still want it, of course) When I saw evidences of the second video, I was confused. What for? But when Rammstein posted on rammstein.de about the two videos, I thought... ah ok, one is for the piano version and the other for the explicit. I was wrong and with the words "Both videos were directed by Zoran Bihać and filmed in the former Heilstätten Beelitz." I thought they have thrown it to the bin.

I liked the Piano version, I love this version of the song and the video. It's not a master piece, the idea is simple but I like the expressions of his face, in a few seconds his face shows different feelings, his "dress" and of course the make-up and the hairstyle, I love this last part specially for personal reasons. A video I enjoy whenever I see it.

And now, about the explicit version, the video is not bad, but I had high expectations that of course this chaotic mix doesn't meet. I love Recuenco's footage, at least all I saw. When I saw the video, it disappointed me, I found it a chaos and I still see it in the same way. Some videos are made to be like that, but I don't think this is one of those.

The explanation Zoran gives is ok, but I still think the same. Some mixed videos look better than MHB. I was sure Recuenco had a story, and we know it's true, because he shared his workbook. Zoran hadn't enough footage to make a new one, so he had to film more; and he invented a new story past/future to hide it. Many people love it, but it does not convince me; that's why I said I would have preferred a complete new version, Zoran would have done an amazing work with his own story.

I understand they liked Recuenco's footage, it's great, at the beginning they only asked for a new edition, but when they knew it wasn't possible, a better solution for me would have been talking with Eugenio about it and making it again working together, or a complete new one. And after reading Eugenio's posts, the interview, the other interviews given by Zoran, I even desire it with bigger strength.

I would like to see Eugenio's video, but I'm sure it won't happen.

Comment

• What am I missing here? Well, truly it's what the band members are saying about contacting Eugenio, which BTW you can't find anything about anywhere. So at this point we have to take him by his word that he was for 5 months in limbo. Shame on them if they didn't contact him.

May that be as it is, they wanted to make sure they were contend with the interpretation of the song put into pictures. End of story. While they liked some or the majority of his stuff, they just simply didn't like the way it was coming together. If you listen closely to the making of and what they are saying about different nationalities, languages and even work ethics I am not the least surprised they went back to Zoran. Even if they pretend to make "nice." Again, listen closely ... making the 1st video sucked. Till: "You can't really talk about having fun, yesterday the burning wall was pretty funny." It was cold, no communication, the music did not fit the pictures or vice versa. They surely will put up with a lot of shit (as evidenced in other makings of), but in the end it has to feel right to them. Obviously, it didn't, so they made a change.

Though this is not my favorite video, it did come out great and it's growing on me. It sure is not what I expected at all.

Comment

• ^Probably you have missed all the comments Eugenio posted on Facebook.

I prefer not talking about that part of the making of, but I understand they went back to him; if they see us that way and of course they dislike the video: in the making of, they said it was a nightmare working with Eugenio but the result made up for it, obviously, not this time.

We'll never know what happened because they won't give their version, and we'll never see Eugenio's video because they won't give him permission. He is asking people to ask for watching it, but after some stuff he said... even with the support of the community (I think he does not have it), they won't comply.

And the worst, after the long waiting, we don't have an amazing video

Comment

• ^You have a point there: the clip is pretty chaotic. I don't think many people can make up much of a story from it by seeing just one time uninformed. There is so much in the video. Still a good one though, IMO.
                            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• This is just a thought, but I think there is a bit of time traveling in the video. Such as where the adult Til is advancing on the (younger) woman and she retreats into the class room where the child (who I beleive is the younger Til), makes the throat slashing motion to her as if to say that's a glimpse of what you have coming, and then in the future (or perhaps present), chokes her (as the older woman) to death but the child in him kisses her goodbye.

Comment

• Wow, wow, wow.

Now we can see Eugenio Recuenco's video. Rammstein finally let him show it. Source

Here's the link: http://www.eugeniorecuenco.com/films...rammstein.html

Comment

Working...
                                X