Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Summer Festivals 2016 Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Festivals 2016 Reviews

If you like to share your experiences of the concerts with us, this is your thread.

Photos, long reviews, short stories... Don't hesitate, we will love them!!!

Just back in Scotland after heading to Download on Friday, mainly just for Rammstein, as it turned out because the weather was so bad Rammstein were the only band we seen.

Not a fan of outdoor gigs and as the weather on Friday afternoon was monsoon like we did not bother heading to the site until later (would only stand in a muddy field getting drenched for Rammstein) and got there at around 7:30pm got parked in a muddy field and waited in the car for over 1/2 hour as the rain was torrential. Eventually it eased a little so we headed in to the site which was just a mud bath by then, got a beer and managed to find an ok position to the right of the stage in line with the big screen.

A 1 minute countdown started on the big screen around 9:15 and the curtain fell, with a huge puff of pink smoke over the top of the stage, to reveal Flake playing the intro to the new song Ramm 4, followed by Schneider on the drums, when the guitars kicked in it was Richard & Paul being lowered from the top of the stage on the lights. Till then dances on with a little tap dance and launches into the new song which has lyrics made up mostly from many previous Rammstein songs. The sound was not great but still ok just could have been a lot louder and I thought Rammstein were on top form, especially Till who seems to be enjoying back performing his voice sounds superb and he is just the best front man. Enjoyed the inclusion of some different songs from shows in recent years especially Zerstoren (Till revealing an exploding suicide vest at the end of the song) and the excellent live Stripped.

The acoustic version of Ohne Dich was great as you can hear Till's voice so much better although may have been better earlier in the set instead of 2nd last song as the finish was a bit low key with Engel the last song after this. Have always though they should close with 2 big live songs such as Links & Du Hast but that's just my opinion. A truly superb show with a lot less fire than any previous Rammstein show but very effective lighting, just think the festival sets are too short, hopefully be back touring next year, indoors with 2 hour sets.

By the way, miraculously, the rain stopped for all of the Rammstein set so danke god for that.
    Last edited by RammRob; 06-12-2016, 06:25 PM.
    25/2/2012 - Birmingham
    29/2/2012 - Newcastle
    16/4/2013 - Lisbon
    21/4/2013 - Madrid
    10/6/2016 - Download Donnington Park

Comment

Thanks for sharing it with Us, I have seen photos of people covered in mud, but the concert seems to have been great.

You didn't go to the signing, it's a pity but nothing is more important than the music.

Comment

So, I finally found some time to write my review of the Berlin concerts. I usually like to write reviews with some distance, because than I have time to put my thoughts better in words.

My first concert was on Friday. I tried to get some information from the LIFAD-forum regarding how long I should stay in line to get a decent spot. According to forum members 10 hours of standing in line before entrance should get you somewhere between 5th an 10th row. Knowing that I decided to show up at 12:00 a clock (5 hours before entrance). Oddley enough, it was very empty and only about 25 people were there. Around 15:00 things started getting a bit full, and once the doors opened I got a good spot at second row in front of Paul. It was then I noticed that first row wasn't really the best spot. Rammstein's open air stage stands very tall which makes it hard to see the entire stage when you are too close.

Peaches as warm up:
        Peaches was the warm up for all three concerts. She played without a band, although she had two dancers. The funny thing was that when she started, rain started pouring down. Everyone started taking on their ponchos and umbrellas. It was a funny sight.

Overall she was alright. The dancers and Peaches performed a simple choegraphy which was actually entertaining and effectful in my opinion. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Peaches with the exception that I love her song "Fuck the Pain away". Luckily she closed her performance with that song.

Like all Rammstein warm-up acts, she was met with booing, middle-fingers and bored faces.
        However as the concert went on many people started clapping and gave her a big applause once she was over.

All in all, I think I enjoyed her. I would give the performance a 7/10.

The main act: Rammstein

Around 21:00 the countdown started and Rammstein hit the stage. I had actually never heard "Ramm4", because I wanted to know how it was like to hear a Rammstein song live for the first time. It was really a strong opener, and blew me completely away. Espacially the tap dance was great.

Sound: 10/10
        Despite the fact that I never heard the song before, I was able to understand every word that Till said loud and clear. My previous experiences with rock concerts was that the drums blasted away everything else and made the vocals, keyboard and guitars very hard to hear. However this was pure perfection. Drums, bass, guitars, keyboard and vocals were clear and well balanced.

Performance: 10/10
        After 10 years of watching concert films and music videos, seeing those 6 musicians in the flesh was unbelivable. The Berlin crowd is always very active. Espacially after a 3 year hiatus. All members had great energy. Richard had actually a very good connection with the crowd this time. He often encouraged the crowd to chant and sing the choruses. At times the energy reminded me of the Madison Square Garden concert movie, despite that being 6 years ago.

The only member that I felt had some difficulty during all three days was Schneider. His drumming was quite off a few times. He missed a few beats and didn't always start at the right time. However I don't think it was really his fault. It seemed his monitor had difficulties since he was very often looking to the right at the engineers.

Till also managed to screw up the lyrics to "Zerstören" on all 3 days, which was really funny.

Crowd:
        The crowd on friday was very good. On many occasions Till let the audience sing. For instance he almost left the entire second verse of "Keine Lust". The only part that got really messed up was the opening of "Amerika". Only on the monday concert did the band manage to get that right.

Funny picture I found during "Keine Lust". The moment Till realizes he didn't need to sing anymore.

With the exceptions of some people who kept filing the entire concert on ther phones, mostly the audience was quite active in the standing pit. However despite the difficult ticket-sale, the hype wasn't as big as I expected. People got in line quite late, and after the first 7-8 songs the audience got rather calm.

The setlist:
        I really liked this tours setlist. "Ramm4" was a really great opener, although I don't consider the song itself as one of the better Rammstein songs. "Reise, Reise" was great to hear, espacially since my first album from Rammstein was "Reise, Reise" and the "Ahoi"-tour is my favourite tour. "Hallelujah" was along with "Reise, Reise" favourite. I love that song, and NEVER imagined I would hear it live.

"Zerstören" worked suprisingly well live. Although the song is altered quite a lot from the studio version. I always felt that the outro had some big purpose to the songs meaning, but since it was completely left out live........I guess not, haha!

Other highlights were "Seemann" and "Stripped". Both sounded incredible. Although the only dissapointment was that neither songs had the boat. On "Seemann" Till left many parts for the audience to sing, which made it a much more powerful performance.

But then, after 50 minutes of new inovations and suprises, Rammstein returned to their standard procedures. Sure the new "Du Hast" intro was neat, the extra flames during "Sonne" melted nearly my fcking face and Till singing "Engel" from above was very cool, but they played it mostly safe near the end. As someone who has never seen Rammstein, I didn't care about that and loved it anyway.

However, from a more unbiased view, I can see some of the criticism people have been giving this tour. Despite all the new stuff, some fans start feeling that Rammstein have been playing the "same shit, different wrapping"-game a little to long.

The end of the concert felt also very abrupt. 17 songs (almost 90 minutes) might be good enough for a festival apperance, but for me and most of the audience it felt a little short. When the band finished "Engel" you could see that both audience and the band had energy for a lot more. Espacially since the band had rehearsed for an extra song "Ohne Dich" and Rammstein had nearly 30 minutes until the curfew.

And that might be the only serious criticism I have for these concerts. After a 3 year hiatus and such a big discagrophy, 17 songs just felt a little short. Espacially since as far as I know there wasn't really any valid reason to keep it so short.

But having said that, I give these concerts a solid 10/10, because I simply can't help myself.

Like I said, this is my review of the concert on Friday, here is my review of the other two concerts:

Saturday: Despite showing up only 1,5 hours before entrance, I managed to get to 5th row in front of Till. Before you ask me, no I didn't push or punch myself through. The thing which got really on my nerves on saturday was the amount of beer people drank. SOOOO many people were drunk and acted like complete idiots. People were constantly pushing and trying to take my spot. For some reasons, beer was sold in the standing pit until the concert started. So people got completely wasted in the 3 hours between entrance and start of the concert. I was also

The were also many technical difficulties during the saturday gig. The band messed up the opening of "Hallelujah", and the rockets during "Du Hast" didn't work all the time. There were also some small microphone issues.

All in all, this was the """"worst"""" of the 3 concerts (if you could call it that), but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Monday: Monday was maybe the best. I stood in second row in front of Richard. The crowd was incredible. Before the concert started and after the encore, the crowd made the "wave" and also the now famous "Viking Clap". On every song people were chanting and singing along. Try to look for a video of "Ramm4" from monday and you will see what I mean.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 07-27-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

^I told you, you were going to have a few nice surprises.
          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
            ^I told you, you were going to have a few nice surprises.
            "Hallelujah" did indeed give me nearly a heart attack, so did the absence of "Pussy". The new bridge they added before the final chorus is amazing. I hope they keep it for the next tour.

Comment

A great review

Comment

Yesterday I attended my second Rammstein show. This time it was in Poland on Capital of Rock. The concert was amazing. I was standing in the first row so I didn't really see the crowd but I could feel that the people were not standing still. I even have bruises from being pushed into barriers. On the one hand it was exhausting (24 hours without food) but on the other the emotions were so intense that afterwards some people were crying from happiness. I caught eye contact with Paul a couple times, he's very friendly. This time they played Amerika instead of Ohne Dich and I think it was a good change. The confetti covered the whole stadium, it was a beautiful view. There were no technical problems, the organization of the festival wasn't perfect but the performance compensated it. I hope they will have another tour soon, even though from what I've heard there are no such plans yet.

Comment

In many ways (IMO) this is Rammstein's best tour ever: many of their best songs, added with underground favorites and several surprises, very tightly performed by the band. So lots of great stuff for the general public + many treats for the fanbase that wants to see something different/alternative. However, in Rammstein history it might be easily forgotten / overlooked because of the timing and lack of supporting album.
                  Dort wo der Horizont
                  Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                  Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                  Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

I agree. As it was my first time seeing Rammstein live I'm glad that they played the most popular songs like Du Hast or Feuer Frei, which I watched many times on other people's recording. I also got to see some of my less popular favorites like Hallelujah and Zerstören, I didn't expect to ever hear these songs live so it was a great surprise. I also really liked the idea of counting down at the beginning of each performance, it made the tension and excitement reach the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                      In many ways (IMO) this is Rammstein's best tour ever: many of their best songs, added with underground favorites and several surprises, very tightly performed by the band. So lots of great stuff for the general public + many treats for the fanbase that wants to see something different/alternative. However, in Rammstein history it might be easily forgotten / overlooked because of the timing and lack of supporting album.
                      I would agree that the setlist and the show are awesome, but the fact this tour is comprised by just a handful of dates on summer festivals disqualifies it from being the best tour ever.
                      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^Personally I'm not someone who thinks the quality of the tour depends on the length of it. For some bands I'm convinced that their first tour was the best, although they weren't big enough to leave their own country yet (the succes of that first tour often makes them internationally recognized, after which they make lesser material for a bigger tour, that isn't necessarily better). For me location and time are the last on the list to determine whether it's the best tour or not, and even than I'm not even sure I'd put those aspects on the list at all.
                        Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

As someone who has not seen Rammstein before, experiencing a "Best off"-show with many of the classics that I grew up with, and one of my absolute all time favorites ("Hallelujah") was fantastic.

I am suprised though by the number of shows. The "Made in Germany"-tour needed 24 trucks of gear and around 160 crewmembers. The "LIFAD"-tour needed around 20+ trucks and probably over 100 crewmembers. From what I have seen, the new stage is actually smaller than the previous two tours. It's less tall and wide. In addition there isn't a second backdrop-curtain like with MIG and LIFAD. According to fans, less trucks and crewmembers are needed for this tour, than for LIFAD and MIG.

What I mean by this is that I do agree a bit with Snake. 25 shows is a bit short for a populare band that has been gone for 3 years. Espacially since touring seems to be cheaper right now with the current stage. On the other hand, I don't mind that they want to spend more time on album production.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                            What I mean by this is that I do agree a bit with Snake. 25 shows is a bit short for a populare band that has been gone for 3 years. Espacially since touring seems to be cheaper right now with the current stage. On the other hand, I don't mind that they want to spend more time on album production.
                            You see, that's where you guys lose me with your way of thinking. How can the quality of a tour be measured by the number of dates? I mean, to provide an example, what logic do you guys see in this conversation:

- A: Hey man, wasn't this just the band's best tour ever?
                            - B: Nooo, man! The tour only consisted of 25 dates! They did way longer ones!

??????
                            Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                              You see, that's where you guys lose me with your way of thinking. How can the quality of a tour be measured by the number of dates? I mean, to provide an example, what logic do you guys see in this conversation:

- A: Hey man, wasn't this just the band's best tour ever?
                              - B: Nooo, man! The tour only consisted of 25 dates! They did way longer ones!

??????
                              ^I agree with you here. I don't judge a tour by the number of it's dates, I was just jumping into the conversation and saying how I was suprised by the number of dates.

That being said, I do hope that Rammstein returns to the stage within 2 years. Regardless of the fact that they might have a new finished album at that point or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X