Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Europe 2019 Stadium tour - Spoiler thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the concert in Finland yesterday.

Pros and highlights:

- Intro. The explosion at the first drum hit was something you just have to experience. It was so big and loud that even if I knew it was coming, it still suprised me. I think the intro would have been better if the band members, or at least Till would have used the elevator of the tower to enter the stage, but it was quite OK this way.

- Puppe. Till using the eye-camera and showing the footage on the screen was a great idea, and Till was really giving everything in his singing, just like in the album version of the song.

- Deutschland remix. When an aggressive heavy metal concert suddenly turns into an electronic dance music show, in which the band members suddenly are dancing in stick-man costumes and clearly not having any idea what the hell are they doing, how can you not love it? This is one of the biggest reasons I love the band, they don't take themselves so seriously and have the courage to do ridicilous stuff like this.

- The new third stage of cooking Flake in Mein Teil was great, though it was not a suprise for me since I spoiled myself from Youtube before.

- Heirate Mich was great to see live for the first time, even if it didn't have anything that special in the show.

- And of course all the familiar highlights of the show from Du Hast, Sonne, Pussy and Ich Will, although this time everythings was again bigger and better than before.

Cons and drawbacks:

- Unfortunately Duo Jatekok was quite boring as opening act. After already waiting for 3 hours for the band to start, this just wasn't energic enough

- The stage didn't change nearly at all during the show, like in the previous shows, where there is more lights and more props introduced during the show.

- Quite many songs didn't have any special effects at all, just basic lights. For example Deutchland and Radio looked and sounded awesome, but I wished there would have been some special effects used in these songs.

- I would have preferred the original version of Engel with the wings and flames over this piano version.

- I can deal with dropping Keine Lust, but dropping Feuer Frei from the setlist is just something I can't understand. For me the flame masks have always been one of the highlights of the previous shows.

Summary:

All in all this was an amazing experience once again and I enjoyed it very much, but was it the best show from the band? I can't say at this point yet. The show was louder and bigger than anything I've ever seen before, but I think it didn't reach it's full potential. I haven't checked the facts, but it feels like this show had the most songs just with the lights and no special effetcs at all. And even if the stage show was on a whole new level, the setlist wasn't one of their best.

For the ultimate Rammstein experience, I think I would take this stageshow, change a few songs and add something more special to the new hits Deutchland, Radio and Ausländer.

If they would play the same concert again next year, I would buy tickets. And I probably will buy tickets to the show in Estonia next summer, unless they come to Finland again.

Also many of my friends attented this concert who haven't seem Rammstein before but have been to concerts from Metallica, Iron Maiden, Kiss, AC/DC, Muse and such. All of them said this was by far the best concert they have ever been to.
    Last edited by Salmari; 08-12-2019, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Great review!!! My concert serme centuries ago...

Comment

A few more thoughts since few days have passed after the concert.

Even if many people said that this was the best concert they've been to, many of them also criticised the band for not using screens. There was so much going on in the stage, but most of the people had no idea what was happening, they only see the flames and the lights. It didn't bother me since I was like 20 meters away from the stage, but I think it's very strange for a concert this size not to use proper screens. There are so many details happening on the stage, and Till uses much facial impressions and such during his performing, and most of it is going to waste because they don't use proper sceens. Of course this is a planned decition, but it would be nice to know the reasoning behind this.

Also what bothered me about the concert was that even if certain things and the overall concert is updated and bigger than before, some of the previous effects have been dropped off, which makes the impression of somewhat more lame show than before. For example, Links was missing the explosion at the start, Mein Herz Brennt was missing the pumping heart (they went straight to the burning heart), the second flamethrower in Mein Teil didn't have the explosions that was in previous versions (though it had the third cooking stage instead) and Pussy was missing the smashing of the microphone stand and the explosion. Of course these are very minor things, but again it would be nice to know the reasoning to downgrade some parts of the show from previous years. Is not like those things couldn't be implicated to the new stage.

But anyway, still very exited about the show. When I checked my recording from the show, I have to add beginning of Sehnsucht to the highlights. It's not that different from the previous shows, but when the first bombs at the start go off horizonal, and then they they start to go up the tower vertically and at the end all of them blow simultaneously, it's just something magical.

Comment

I would have liked beg screens too, there is a sort of explanation in the link to the interview with the stage-designer I posted a bit earlier in this thread.

Comment

"Caesar did not have any screens in the Colosseum, and the shows worked just fine."

The Rose It’s a very interesting interview
            https://www.metal1.info/interviews/r...-stage-design/

Comment

Well, I somewhat have to agree with the interview. Screens would indeed take the focus off the show itself. And yeah, the best choice would be to see the concert twice, from near and far, but in many countries they play the show only once, and not everyone has ability to buy 2 x 100 euro tickets to get the full experience. So there is a reason behind this, but it's like a double-edged sword. I'm happy that I was nearly in front row, but I know I missed some of the visuals. People more far experienced all the visuals, but missed the details. Well, maybe it's about what you prefer.

What cought my eye was "The focus of the audience should be on the stage, not on video screens, on which a concert takes place like a film. You can buy it on DVD and watch it at home.". Is that just general talk, or when designing the stageshow and deciding not to use screens, had they already decided that this concert will get a film release? It would be cool, but with Rammstein I can't be nothing more than sceptical. I think they still are one DVD behind, since Kruspe talked about 3 Live DVDs some years ago (In Amerika, Paris, and one from 2013 tour.

Comment

I'm honestly not sure a 2013 DVD was ever on the cards. It was basically the 2011/12 setlist with a few changes and different effects. Overall very similar to Paris setlist. I would still love a recording but at this point I don't think it's happening. 2016/17 recording would be nice too.

I hope one day similar to Kiss they release a boxset of unreleased footage. Brixton 2005 full show would be amazing. Some Mutter tour stuff too if any more exist.

Comment

According to the LIFAD forum Moderator, the two shows in Vienna in August will be recorded.
                  http://affenknecht.com/forum/forum/r...erts-in-vienna
                  Last edited by Maya; 08-17-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

After MSG and the MIG film, I see no need for yet another DVD from that decade. This new tour is a reason, of course, but the ones before weren't, I think. It would've been too early, after the other ones.

I do recall Richard talking about 3 DVD's but about live DVD's? And Bercy 2013 was indeed recorded, but it might be saved for later on. Many other earlier concerts through their career were filmed (partially), so in the end it might all see the light of day. But I think the time isn't ripe yet.

Yeah, I'd still prefer it as well without the screens, as it is right now. Yes, you miss things, but you always did since the Ahoi- tour. Paul and Flake are fooling around as well, which is also a thing worth to see. If anything, the grand stage makes sure everyone sees at least something, as for in the past, for small people, I can imagine at some times in the back of the audience they couldn't see a thing.
                    The thing the designer said about retuning was more meant as a joke IMO . I would just say the same: "If you haven't seen it all, come back, it's worth seeing it all again", which is probably true as well.
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Working...
                    X