Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

Concert Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert Reviews

Concert review for Rammstein - Allstate Arena May 10, 2011

(Even for those that are not LIFAD fans, the concert rocked...)

Rammstein took the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois, BY FIRE on Tuesday, May 10, 2011. My husband and I had the privilege to see them in New York December, 2010. We had to bring our best friends to the Chicago show because they, too, are HUGE Rammstein fans. They were completely shocked, amazed, speechless. We cannot WAIT to see them in concert again! Rammstein, as always, did more than any fan could ask for!

The show opened with Paul Landers and Richard Kruspe bursting out of their sides of the stage with white light beaming from behind them. Then, the door in the center began to emit sparks like the fuse on a firecracker. Once the fuse burned around the entire door, Till Lindemann busted through the door like it was cardboard, and the crowd went absolutely crazy! The chants of RAMMSTEIN for the first song, Rammleid, filled the rafters at the Allstate Arena.

From that moment on, Rammstein took the crowd on one incredible journey. Till growled the lyrics of Buckstabu, or B********, (which really isn't a word by the way...) and was so convincing, he could have made a werewolf nervous. Weidmann's Heil and Keine Lust were awesome! Once the crowd really understood their part, they shouted, 'STERBEN!', 'Weidmanns, manns, manns, manns, Heil!', and 'Ich hab Keine Lust!' until voices became hoarse. Freuer Frei was, well, full of fire much to the pleasure of the audience. You could feel the heat from the flames where we were sitting. (On the second level.) One can only imagine what these six guys go through in the course of a concert. It is definitely unimagineable. And what do us fans say to that? "BANG, BANG!" During the song, Weiner Blut, plastic baby dolls with green laser eyes hung from the top of the stage only to blow up into bits at the end of the song. An art only Rammstein fans would enjoy. Then a transition only Rammstein could pull off: Weiner Blut to Fruhling in Paris. Oliver "Ollie" Riedel really poured out the melodic tune of Fruhling in Paris. An absolutely beautiful performance.

For the song, Ich Tu Der Weh, Flake was up to "no good" and ended up being thrown into a bathtub on the stage by Till. Till rose up on a special riser some 20 plus feet above the tub and proceeded to pour fire sparks into the tub Flake was lying in. After the flaming sparks ended, Till was lowered back to the stage to see if Flake had met his untimely end. To Till's surprise, Flake was actually doing well in a flashy, disco ball suit. Flake got out of the tub and did his "Flake" dance all the way back to the keyboards, sparkling like a disco Christmas ornament the whole way. Then, Flake walked on a treadmill while playing the keyboards and doing what Flake does - entertain us all so well.

Till really surprised Rammstein's doting American, mostly English speaking fans by singing some English lyrics on Du Reichst So Gut. He said, "You smell so good." He certainly got my attention. It was as if he were saying thanks to us English speaking folks or something. Even though some of us have actually learned or are learning German just because of Rammstein. Another fantastic transition: Rammstein moves into Benzin. This was quite an amazing fire show. An "out of control fan" appears to run onto the stage. Till chases him down with a gas hose and a flare. Till ignites the gas hose and sets the crazed fan on fire. Kruspe and Landers work as a team with Till to keep the burning fan on the stage. Finally, he runs to the side and one of Rammstein's faithful and oh - so - hard - working crew members puts the guy out with a fire extinguisher. After Benzin is over, the fan is taken off the stage only to run back up to fall down at Till's feet, hug his knee, and give the crowd the international hand sign for ROCK ON. (It was obvious the "crazed fan" was part of the show...).

Links 2-3-4 had the fans marching in the crowded, sold out arena. I could feel my seat shaking. Lots of fans were waiting for that all familiar, favorite Rammstein song. And, of course, the fans got it. Du...Du Hast...Du Hast Mich... It was so loud during Du Hast, I don't even think the band had to sing. It was unbelievable where this fan was sitting. Pussy was a real fave. The phallis that shot white debris all over the Pit was amazing. If you were elevated enough, you could see white foam covering the heads of all those fortunate enough to be on the floor. Sonne and Ich Will had Rammstein and us fans connecting on such a deep level. At this point, you would just have to be there to understand the true meaning of counting with Rammstein during Sonne and answering Rammstein on Ich Will, "Wir horen dich, Wir sehen dich, wir fuhlen dich."

In between the songs Sonne and Ich Will, an amazing event occurred. (I thought this deserved its own paragraph.) Haifisch took Rammstein fans to the depths where the shark's swim. AND FLAKE WENT INTO THE CROWD ON THE DINGHY! Yes, folks, you heard me right. Despite the rumors Flake was no longer going to crowd surf (boat surf?) over the crowd during concerts because of his injuries and broken bones from unfortunate boat upheavals, HE SAILED! Not only did he sail, but he waived the Illinois flag along his trip. One lucky fan got to keep that flag. We were breathless! After two hours, 17 songs, and one encore, Rammstein stepped off the stage. For five minutes, the crowd shouted, "RAMMSTEIN!" at the tops of their voices. The arena was shaking as the fans pleaded for JUST ONE MORE SONG. And, Rammstein delivered.

Engel. Angel Wings. Fire. The finale was - well - the fans are hoping it is not a real finale for the Chicago area. We hope they come back at least one more time. Rammstein really went out with a bang. Engel was the perfect song to leave us with. Till was wearing his famous Angel Wings. The crowd went completely wild. Some of us long time, true fans had tears in our eyes. It was one hell of a way to end the show.

Till and his bandmates usually have little interaction with the audience. At this show, though, it was different. At the end of Engel, the band came out on the stage, bowing to the crowd in appreciation. Till stood up and told Chicago that it was Kristoph Schneider's birthday! Some of the members of the crew brought out a birthday cake, Flake played the birthday song, and the crowd sang Happy Birthday to Rammstein's devoted drummer. Till took the microphone and told Chicago 'Thank you, Chicago. Thank you." I could feel and hear his appreciation in his voice.

Seeing a Rammstein show for the first time is almost a musically spiritual happening. That's all I can say. Nothing else really describes it. Rammstein truly is the best band out there, hands down. My husband and I flew from Florida to see them at Madison Square Gardens in 2010. The shows at MSG and Chicago were the same. It was perfect the first time we saw them in New York, and the concert was better the second time around.

GO SEE RAMMSTEIN! Obviously, they are my favorite band in the world - and always will be. They have earned my love, respect and appreciation for what they do. Nothing musically compares to Rammstein. Thanks, Rammstein, for the best concert I have ever seen! And we hope to see you in concert in North America again next year!

Did you wrote this review, or did you copied it from someplace else? In case you copied it, you should include a link to the original article.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Oh, you of little faith...I wrote it myself...truly did...!!!!

Comment

Review

As a matter of fact, I posted it on Ticketmaster as well...Love to write...wish I could do reviews like this professionally...for real...

Comment

And, this review was approved and is up on the Affenknecht fan review page. Check it out - it is a condensed version, though...Daisy

Comment

^In that case...

"Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I was also at that show! Words can't even express how great it was. I got to hold Flake's boat! My only complaint is that the foam from Pussy got in my eye and burnt like hell XD I really hope they come back for their next tour.

Comment

Rabid - gee...we were on the computers and phones trying to get PIT tix at 9:59 am our time...ended up in 2nd level and STILL felt the heat. Hope to get PIT tickets for the Best of Tour in 2012. I know they will be coming back to the US. I'll go anywhere to see them!

How cool to hold Flake's boat...I'm jealous - in a good way lol...happy for you.... for me!

Comment

I missed my first chance to buy pit tickets so I bought one off eBay for a little over $170. It was worth every penny. I'm already saving up to road trip and hit up as many shows as I can on their Best Of tour (if the do one(I bet they do > )). You HAVE to get pit tickets though! The only bad thing is that afterwords, you know you'll never see another show as good as Rammstein.

Comment

^What about if you are a short dude and end up struggling to see anything?

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I am SOOOO short....5' even...I am ordering boots like Till's so I will be a couple inches taller...and I WANT to be in the front row. I heard when a Rammstein show is over, some of the crew pass out stickers to the front row that say, "I survived front row at a Rammstein concert!" I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE STICKERS! LOL

Comment

I only got to see one but it was the best. I believe they bring out the best in all concerts.
                        "The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed." value point distribution

Comment

Originally posted by vbarrett View Post
                          I am SOOOO short....5' even...I am ordering boots like Till's so I will be a couple inches taller...and I WANT to be in the front row. I heard when a Rammstein show is over, some of the crew pass out stickers to the front row that say, "I survived front row at a Rammstein concert!" I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE STICKERS! LOL
                          Thats true, they do hand out stickers with that caption.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

^Source: Neo Rammstein http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ize=1280%2C720

Comment

Every concert is unique for me and remarkable.
                              "To lose patience is to lose the battle." choosefireplacesandstoves.com reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X