Announcement

Collapse

FORUM RULES ABOUT WEB-BASED LINKS TO MUSIC AND VIDEO'S

Based on latest discussions on this forum, and studiing copyright laws, it is necessary to state out new forum mandatory rules, effective immediately, so, here we are.

LINKS TO MUSIC & VIDEOS: what is legal/what is not.
NEW RULES in the forum state:

From now on in our forum users shal NOT POST TOPICS THAT containin the following :
• Requests for or links to MP3s, music videos, or other files of questionable legality
• Bootlegs

So, please do not POST A LINK TO music or videos which does not directly originate from an officially legal site.

An OFFICIALLY LEGAL SITE is: rammstein.com or rammstein.de, universal music, a legitimate music site like MTV or VIVA. The links must be direct and linked only to the approved site. Any links which have copied and transferred the music or videos from an official legal site to ANYWHERE else are NOT OFFICIAL.

• Do not ASK FOR A LINK to music or videos. If there is a legal site for either listening or viewing, xTERNAL will provide the information in the NEWS section of www.RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE.com.

WHAT YOU CAN DO in the forums: You can DISCUSS a new song or a new video.

WHAT YOU CANNOT DO in the forums: provide illegal links or ask for links, give directions of any kind as to where something might be found (examples: file-sharing, other fansites, etc.). Screen caps will be allowed (within reason) AFTER a video has been made available through an OFFICIAL LEGAL LINK. Fan remixes of songs will be allowed (within reason) after the song has been officially released.

The above restrictions are necessary not because we are being “damn babies” or “. The reason is simply that RAMMSTEIN-EUROPE has made the decision to not be a facilitator of illegal activities involving copyrighted material. The reason for that is also clear. Rammstein’s Management has shown aggressive behaviour in combating copyright infringement.

Anyone who violates the spirit of the aforementioned expansion/explanation of what the RULES mean here as applied to music and videos (and this also includes the "making of videos") will meet up with one of the following consequences:

POST BLOCKED, LINK ERASED AND WORSE.... BANNED IF NECESSARY.

If you have ANY questions about what may or may not be acceptable here, you can always PM a Moderator and ask first before posting something that might get you in trouble here.

•any links to www.youtube.com (or other sharing sites of a similar nature)are generally not allowed.
While some videos like fan made items or spoof animations are allowed, we do not allow linking to youtube. Oftentimes there is/are illegal videos of Rammstein performances to the side of the linked videos. Actual Rammstein Videos which are very illegal to be hosted by that site - therefore we cannot allow links to youtube to be allowed.

So, links to youtube are now allowed - ONLY IF it is a fanmade video by you, and does not contain bootleg footage or footage of live performances or released performances. Stills from photos found on the net are OK. A montage is OK. Clips of released footage are NOT OK.

Please try to understand that sometimes while we may allow a certain individuals fanmade videos, and deny another persons it is usually because the content in it could get the forums in trouble.

Also if some individuals post their fanmade video and it turns out to be bootleg footage that they filmed themselves at a concert and consider that "fanmade" - then we will have to reverse the ruling on allowing fanmade videos PERIOD!

Here is an update on what is considered "fanmade".
Fanmade is fanmade. You did it yourself. Like cut and paste. You creatd everything yourself. No footage filmed by someone else no clips. Still images are OK.
For example:
If you go out and find 6 banana slugs in the yard, dress them up in LAB outfits, and put the skinniest one in a paper boat and play the music to SEEMANN on a kazoo. That is fanmade.

If you have a coverband and you do your own video or you have footage of YOUR band's performance. That is fanmade.

If you have images that you sketched of how you think the video for a song should have been and you put it to music - I think we can allow that.

Use your creativity.

IF YOU SEE VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, REPORT IT BY USING THE EXCLAMATION MARK IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF RELEVANT POST.

xTERNAL&MR_FLOOO
See more
See less

My review of the Rehearsal Show of 31/10/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My review of the Rehearsal Show of 31/10/2011

As promised, here's my review (this review has spoilers):

The wording of this text was made at the Schönefeld airport (although I have recently edited it to correct errors or add more stuff) about 3 hours after the end of the concert. Note that I did not write "live show", but "concert." This choice of words was intentional. But more about it later.

I arrived at Pankow Park - where is located Black Box Music - at 11 AM. I was the first to arrive, and I sat on a park bench near the warehouse of BBM. I spent my time reading some long, boring shit. It's not that I like to read such things, but they were related to colledge and I had to read them anyway. That's how I spent my time until about 3 PM.

Eventually I saw a guy with a Rammstein shirt passing near me, and I thought I'd follow him, to know where he would go, and ensure my place at first row. In a hurry to get my stuff in my backpack, I lost sight of him. But never mind, because when I came back, I crossed paths with Schneider. I said "Hello Schneider!" to him, to which he replied with "Hallo!"

I returned to the bench to eat the sandwich I had brought with me, and then I moved closer to the division of the warehouse where the concert would take place. At this time there already were half a dozen fans near the warehouse waiting to enter. Probably they had the feeling that I arrived after them, but the opposite was actually true. As was already darkening, I did not read any more boring shit, and decided to listen to music for a few hours. Then the representatives of the fan club of Czech Republic came to talk to me. We spent the rest of the time chatting until 6:15 PM, when the doors opened. The entrance turned out to earlier than what was said on the ticket. Me and the guys from Czech Republic got to first row with no problems. The grid was quite near the stage, and there were not any security guards on the space between the grid and the stage.

A bit later, a woman asked us to be on the front row next to us, and we opened room for her. Soon after she pretended herself as the administrator of the official fan community. Later also appeared staff from Rammstein-Mexico and Rammstein-Serbia. I ended up staying in the grid, right in front of Till, with representatives of the fan club of the Czech Republic on my left, the official community manager on my right side, and the representatives of Rammstein-Mexico and Rammstein-Serbia behind me . I spoke with them all except Rammstein-Mexico.

The concert started later than planned, because in that day there was more people than on the previous days (because of the presence of fan sites). The intro was different from what was leak on youtube. It consists of a strong, steady beat. The intro was short: after a while, the band came from the stairs on the right side of the stage. They were wearing the clothes of the LIFAD tour, with the exception of Schneider, who had a different outfit. Kruspe was wearing the coat from Reise Reise tour, and Till, instead of holding his hair with a net, used a rubber band that made him look like a samurai. As I was in the first row and the stage was close to the grid, I could see all the band members in high definition and in 3D.

As a consequence of the aforementioned delay, Mein Land was left out of the setlist. But the absence of Mein Land did not bother me: Mein Herz Brennt was still present (which I was not able to hear live for almost 10 years), as well as Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen? (which I never expected to see live), Asche zu Asche, Mein Teil, Mutter (wich I also did not saw live for almost 10 years). And so on.

With the exception of Mein Land, The setlist was the same as of the previous rehearsals, but the order of a few songs were switched.

For me the low point of the concert was Pussy. When they played that shit, I crossed my arms, and when they finished playing it, I did not applaud. But it was the only low point. It's the only thing I complain about this concert. I did not like having to endure Amerika, but the song that I really hate is Pussy.

This concert did not had many fire stunts. The concert was limited to the essential stunts (burning micros during Asche zu Asche, flame-throwers during Mein Teil and Feuer Frei, flames coming out of the ceiling during du hast). There was no fire comming out of the ground during Sonne or Du Hast, probably because the room was small, and the grid was fairly close to the stage. Under these conditions the flames might have burned the fans standing in the first row.

The stage was the one from the LIFAD tour, with some modifications reminiscent of Sehnsucht tour. The cloth with tears gave way to a different cloth with a pattern resembling a beehive (which also fell off in the middle of the concert). Instead of the pillars on the back of the stage, the back of ths stage had the fan from the live aus berlin show from 1997 (coming down from the ceiling during the later part of the concert). I do not know if this version of the stage will appears again. If it does not make a return, it is a shame.

This event had two peculiarities that were very rare for a Rammstein concert: The audience was definitely thrilled with the band, but everyone knew how to restrain themselves so as not to interfere with the personal space of others. There were no moche pits, no crowd surfers, or similar assholes. Even I that was in first row, did not felt crushed by whoever was behind me. I even had enough room to move.

The second peculiarity was the fact that Till interacted with the fans. This attitude from him is very rare. The man seemed in a good mood and was looking great. Probably because he did not felt the pressure of having to do everything by the book during the performance. All band members were looking good, relaxed and motivated.

Although officially this event was a rehearsal, the band behaved like they were in a concert. They were enthusiastic, and gave a good performance. And this is what makes this event a concert, not a live show: it was not necessary the apparatus of 14, 20 or even 32 trucks for Rammstein to be Rammstein. I liked this concert as much as the one I attended in Lisbon in 2001. If the guys had not included Amerika and Pussy, and instead had played Weisses Fleich and Bestrafe Mich, this would have been my favorite Rammstein concert that I attended.

For some time I have wonder why I still care about Rammstein, given the fact that the last 3 albums did not meet my standards. But after this adventure, I will not sell any Rammstein ticket shows ever again. And from now on, anyone who dares to question my loyality to the band, is going to get his face crushed.
    Last edited by Snake; 11-03-2011, 12:25 AM.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

This is a lovely review. I'm glad to read that R+ seemed to be in a lovely mood. Thanks so much for sharing, Snake! (BTW, I agree with you full-heartedly about "Pussy." I just can't deal with that song.)

Comment

Now I regret a little it that I did not go there I am glad you liked it and you talked also to other administrators of fansites. Good review
      sigpic
      Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

You met Schneider.....gah

Do you think there's any chance of the same kind of atmosphere at Birmingham?
        And as Abendstern, thanks for sharing it Your last sentence gives out a lot of hope for this concert.....Rammstein für immer
        Last edited by cannibal_wotsit; 11-03-2011, 12:11 AM.
        DENN DU BIST, WAS DU ISST.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
          For some time I have wonder why I still care about Rammstein, given the fact that the last 3 albums did not meet my standards. But after this adventure, I will not sell any Rammstein ticket shows ever again. And from now on, anyone who dares to question mey loyality to the band, is going to get is face crushed.
          Thanks, I love your review. And most of all the last part.

Obrigada

Comment

Originally posted by External View Post
            Now I regret a little it that I did not go there I am glad you liked it and you talked also to other administrators of fansites. Good review
            Knowing Rammstein, there is probably not going to be the same kind of atmosphere in Birmigham. You are probably going to see a new stage and a very eye catchy show, that is going to be awesome, and you are going to enjoy it. But I doubt that the band will be in the same relaxed mood they were in this one. I specially doubt Till to talked to the audience as he did in this rehearsal.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Didn't think so...after all it's going to be full of English people

Comment

Originally posted by Snake
                Knowing Rammstein, there is probably not going to be the same kind of atmosphere in Birmigham. You are probably going to see a new stage and a very eye catchy show, that is going to be awesome, and you are going to enjoy it. But I doubt that the band will be in the same relaxed mood they were in this one. I specially doubt Till to talked to the audience as he did in this rehearsal.
                I read about some salsa dance steps in the second one, did he dance too?

Comment

^No, he didn't dance :P

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
                    Didn't think so...after all it's going to be full of English people
                    Is that something bad ???????

Comment

Till doing salsa? Now that would be something to see

Comment

What a pity!!!!

Comment

nice review...thanks for sharing! my pet peeve is being shoved & crowded, very nice that you weren't!

Comment

Thanks For the Review ..great to see you had a great time ... Just one Point .. about england ..i heard in a Interview that Paul perfers England More than some of the other Countrys as the Fans are more Mad as he called it .. lol and Plus Fans in England dont Pester the Band Running around after them Like Lost sheep Like Other Countrys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                              I read about some salsa dance steps in the second one, did he dance too?
                              Awww, that's too bad. :/

You at least got a healthy dose of Till-Hammer, though, right?

Originally posted by cannibal_wotsit View Post
                              Till doing salsa? Now that would be something to see
                              He needs a partner to do it properly. Allow me to volunteer. ;D

PSH. Who am I kidding? I can't dance. xD

Comment

Working...
                              X