No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Lindemann we knew what to expect, but now it’s a mistery. And a new wave of Covid is here, I am not sure if there was a show here if I would go, I’m in the high risk group.

Comment

• And the Israel concert is also a weird anouncement :/ .

Germany still has concerts in some parts, some eastern european countries as well. To me it seems like a very bad idea to have any concerts before March.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Must admit I lost som respect for him when he started advertising an obscure crypto-currency on Instagram. Either he lost the plot or his manager are doing strange things in his name and he cannot be bothered?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
          Must admit I lost som respect for him when he started advertising an obscure crypto-currency on Instagram. Either he lost the plot or his manager are doing strange things in his name and he cannot be bothered?
          It was a strange thing to do. Surely there's a team behind his Instagram, though with some (professional) selfies, it seems like it's the medium where he's the most involved in (unlike Facebook, where it's obviously a coworker and not at all the man himself). I think it was really the team reaching out for those few very rich fans in Russia or so. It's very clear that these last years they meet the higher society in Russia, where all the money is, and they seem eager to share in their wealth. For me, it felt like they already had some potential customers in mind, or at least figured which kind of people would go for it. It's like that extremely expensive dinner you could buy with him.
          I think Till doesn' manage to much of that. I think there are some loose canons in his team, and he's saying yes to about anything, without caring too much. The man wants to do all kinds of things and may have too much time on his hand.
          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^
            Everything seems to be about the rich fans. Now he's "celebrating with fans in Dubai" but it's announced on the manager's page, not his. Anar Reiband was also behind the trouble in Russia in August. Till seems very detached from the fan-base these days, and even he he wants to be kept busy he should care at least some about what his name is being used for and attached to.

Comment

• ^Quite detached indeed; hopefully with some concerts and interviews it might get better. I still like the music he publishes, which in the end will always be what matters the most. The rest is up to him, though I hope it doesn't involve too much in his work (which happens a little bit now).

He does offer all his new stuff for free though: all the singles are just published on the internet, as well as the movie from Ich hasse Kinder. He could've forced us to buy an elpee instead or so. But then again, the expenses he made there might be the reason for some expensive offers like the dinner with him or those pictures that cost a fortune.

Then again, we must admit: 48.5 euros for the cheapest tickets in Dubai is not all that expensive. The ones for easter Europe are, however. I hope for them it will be something very special worth that price, and maybe it's going to be something unprecedented (naive, I know).
              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• ^
                Despite the low cost for tickets in Dubai, I seriously doubt he or R+ have many fans there. To me it more reeks of, Let's go, if we do a gig we can tax-deduct the costs ;-)
                I may be influenced from last Winter when sportsstars, entertainers, and rich people went there and brought back the Delta-variant, because restrictions and control there were non-existent IRL, even if they were there on paper.
                And yes, I appreciate the free stuff, probably would cost more to release physically than he's losing from just posting it. When the album will come, I'm very likely to buy it too Right now I'm more eagerly awating the next R+ album

Comment

• I wonder where will be the next date, I’m sure he will enjoy touring different places but with not so many dates, the chosen are weird for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                    ^
                    Despite the low cost for tickets in Dubai, I seriously doubt he or R+ have many fans there. To me it more reeks of, Let's go, if we do a gig we can tax-deduct the costs ;-)
                    I may be influenced from last Winter when sportsstars, entertainers, and rich people went there and brought back the Delta-variant, because restrictions and control there were non-existent IRL, even if they were there on paper.
                    And yes, I appreciate the free stuff, probably would cost more to release physically than he's losing from just posting it. When the album will come, I'm very likely to buy it too Right now I'm more eagerly awating the next R+ album
                    I guess it's a place like Vegas where many people like to go. I know many people that like to travel to the Emirates during winter / christmas holidays, and it's a common thing to do nowadays (though I'll never do it). They'll probably target those people who want to have a good time over there (indeed a place with more reluctant covid-measurements). I agree that it all seems like these dates and venues are more 'corporate' decisions, rather than fan-based ones.
                    Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Till kicked off his tour.

In general the same setlist as the last Lindemann-tour, but just with Ich hasse Kinder as final song. A bit ashame we didn't get other songs so far, but maybe that's also because it's the first gig. It's also his first time in Israel. If it's going to be this same gig in eastern Europe, then I wouldn't know why it's so expensive.

New band, with Joe Letz as someone we remember from the past.

Till's all dressed in red, a bit like the photos from the new video we haven't seen yet. I don't particulary like the look, but I guess I like it more than the white ones from Lindemann.

A bit same old same old to me. No surprises.
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Yeah, a bit surprised to see Joe Letz, I had the impression he was more RZK's friend, but maybe the only drummer able to step in on a relatively short notice and for a short term.The other three I've never heard of before, but that may be the whole point. They are unknown, Joe seems to be there incognito and Till for the first time is the STAR.

As for the look, we know Till likes to dress up/disguise himself on stage, and in the videos of him walking among the fans he seems really uncomfortable. I think we will see this part scrapped as soon as the reach Europe?

Comment

• ^Yes, I'm not sure what else Joe Letz does. His official Instagram still reports as major occupation that he's a DJ for Rammstein, but that can't hardly be a fulltime job, let alone something that it keeps him busy in these last years. Many people claim he's the drummer of Combichrist, but he hasn't been for almost 3 years (he quit in January 2019, I think). I think he's still involved in Emigrate somehow, but again, not quite an agenda-filling business.

I think the Till band will indeed be some hired guns. Maybe it 'll change a few times.

He'll indeed have to find another way to handle Platz Eins live .
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                            Till kicked off his tour.

In general the same setlist as the last Lindemann-tour, but just with Ich hasse Kinder as final song. A bit ashame we didn't get other songs so far, but maybe that's also because it's the first gig. It's also his first time in Israel. If it's going to be this same gig in eastern Europe, then I wouldn't know why it's so expensive.

New band, with Joe Letz as someone we remember from the past.

Till's all dressed in red, a bit like the photos from the new video we haven't seen yet. I don't particulary like the look, but I guess I like it more than the white ones from Lindemann.

A bit same old same old to me. No surprises.

First of all, happy new year everyone!

This looks indeed more like a continuation of the 2020 Lindemann-tour. The band had some more shows planned I think, before the pandemic messed up all of their plans. I was mostly suprised by the change in musical style. The guitars are a lot more rough, and a lot of the synths and samples have been changed. The overall sound is a lot more electronic and industrial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

First of all, happy new year everyone!

This looks indeed more like a continuation of the 2020 Lindemann-tour. The band had some more shows planned I think, before the pandemic messed up all of their plans. I was mostly suprised by the change in musical style. The guitars are a lot more rough, and a lot of the synths and samples have been changed. The overall sound is a lot more electronic and industrial.
                              New band, new sound. But same songs.
                              Till can perform all the songs from Lindemann (the band) because he owns half the copyrights, but everything recorded by Peter is off limits, so all prerecorded music in the show had to be re-recorded with new musicians (probably unknown studio musicians). Just like all background film and photo had to be edited to remove Peter's image and acting.

I have seen two good remarks on the Tel Aviv show "It must have been one hell of a party the night before" and "They sound lige a cover-band of themselves". Both seems to suggest it was far from living up to expectations, though remarks from others suggests it was great, considering they don't have many chances to see this kind of shows. Maybe they skipped on rehearsal-time and think of this and tonight's show in Dubai as just that? That might explain the cheaper price for tickets?

Comment

• ^I haven’t seen much of the Dubai concert. Anyway, we surely wish him a nice birthday.

As far as the people that have attended the concerts, I have mainly heard positive feedback. Probably because people are just happy to see anything Rammstein-related in Israel and Dubai, and a Till Lindemann-solo show is good enough.

However, I agree that the performances weren’t perfect. Till struggled to keep up with the changes made for some songs, or «Ich hasse Kinder». But then again, these are the first gigs from a new band after almost two years without concerts. So there will probably come some improvements.

Comment

Working...
                                X