No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a rethink of who he's having around him and who he's allowing himself to connected to might be prudent.
    Playing at private parties for people with political aspirations might not be the way forward for someone whos has stated not to mix with or have a public interest in politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
      A bit of a rethink of who he's having around him and who he's allowing himself to connected to might be prudent.
      Playing at private parties for people with political aspirations might not be the way forward for someone whos has stated not to mix with or have a public interest in politics.
      The irony of him not commenting directly on the Andrei Borikov case, but probably getting kicked out of Russia for something completely different. I wouldn’t be suprised if his other appearance in Russia will get cancelled as well.

I don't judge Till in this case. It just shows that you can’t really speak your mind in modern day Russia.
      Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 09-01-2021, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
        Maybe this will mean the - for many fans long awaited (not me) - end of Till's Russian adventures .

Not that I'm an expert on Russia, but things often evolve to this, when you're connecting with officials, high society or do anything publicly in Russia: it gets polticized very quickly, and then you don't knwo what's going to happen to you. Many bands just go, do their gig an leave. The fans are amazing, but one must really be carefull of what you're doing besides of the stage. I agree that Russia has been very good to his current solo project and Lindemann before that. They seem to really like to fund whatever Till is doing over there, and so far IMO it has been great. But it's still Russia, and one has to be carefull. If I were him, I'd finish this gig and would get out of there.
        Exactley, I have nothing against the Russian people. Any band should be allowed to play in any country they want. But I clearly take issue with the the Russian governments dictatorship and human rights violations.

Comment

• We haven't heard any update from Till himself regarding any of this. Including the status of his performance in Moscow next week. I hope he is doing well.

Comment

• ^ The performance tonight is off, I think next week is on as that is an official festival. I don't think we will ever hear anything official from Till, he doesn't respond publicly to controversy.

Comment

• Till Lindemann's performance at the Red Square can be seen on Youtube. He only performed "Lubimiy Gorod" (as expected, he could never do "Golden Shower" or "Bück Dich" at such an event). He actually sang 100% live, he even made a small mistake.

This performance has of course sparked a lot of political discussions in the Lindemann/Rammstein-fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                This performance has of course sparked a lot of political discussions in the Lindemann/Rammstein-fanbase.
                That was to be expected. It's not long since the Russian fanbase stated as a fact, that he was on the brink of becoming a Russian citizen. More utopia than reality if you ask me. Could potentially make touring difficult for him solo as well as Rammstein if it was real.

Comment

That was to be expected. It's not long since the Russian fanbase stated as a fact, that he was on the brink of becoming a Russian citizen. More utopia than reality if you ask me. Could potentially make touring difficult for him solo as well as Rammstein if it was real.

No idea how that would work. I know that in Germany you can have a double citizenship, and have two passports in two countries. His connections to Russia are very loose (he isn’t married there, born there or long-term employed there).

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

No idea how that would work. I know that in Germany you can have a double citizenship, and have two passports in two countries. His connections to Russia are very loose (he isn’t married there, born there or long-term employed there).
                    It was never based in reality, just wishful thinking from fans because of his many visits and long stays. They seem to forget that the mother of his 5th kid is not Russian, but Ukrainian ;-)

Comment

It was never based in reality, just wishful thinking from fans because of his many visits and long stays. They seem to forget that the mother of his 5th kid is not Russian, but Ukrainian ;-)
                      If they're form eastern Ukraine like Donjetsk, then they might very well be pro-Russia of course.

But no, I think people dwell too long upon the Russian stuff from Till. As far as we now, he might've spent only ten days in Russia this year (maybe not even in a row). We can't deny he has a special bound with the country, but as Chrisss Nofff says, it seems very loose.
                      Dort wo der Horizont
                      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• A concert with Till Lindemann has been announced in Slovakia on December 1st. It will be in a medium sized arena (6000 spectators capacity). Till Lindemann will apparantly play a Europe tour in December 2021, calles the «Ich hasse Kinder»-tour.

Tickets range from 98 to 219 euros.

Link: https://ticketmedia.sk/performance/937/TILL-LINDEMANN

Comment

• I used google translate to translate the event description:

ICH HASSE KINDER TOUR 2021 The industrial metal genius, frontman and voice of the Rammstein group, a three-time winner of the "ECHO Award", will perform with his band in Bratislava for the first time at a solo concert as part of the European tour 21/22 "ICH HASSE KINDER". Till LINDEMANN is not only a talented musician, TILL is a phenomenon, his concerts are impressive as a volcanic eruption when you are in the epicenter and at the same time sing with maximum performance "Steh Auf !!" TILL LINDEMANN has millions of fans around the world and sometimes frightening energy and vocal strength. In "Ich Hasse Kinder" you will see and hear what TILL LINDEMANN is famous for all over the world, more metal, old and new songs, more videos, special effects and you will feel the incredible energy of one of the best rock frontmen. INFORMATION, CONDITIONS AND MEASURES OF THE EVENT ORGANIZER FOR THE SPECIFIED EVENT: "By purchasing Tickets for the event, at the time of the epidemiological situation caused by the Covid - 19 pandemic and at the time of the applicable epidemiological measures of public authorities, the customer explicitly acknowledges that in case of unfavorable epidemiological situation in Bratislava it will be possible to enter the event exclusively. fully vaccinated persons

Comment

• I wonder which countries will he visit

Comment

• Two additional shows have been announced in Talinn and Prague. Although ticket sale doesn't appear to have started yet.

I think their might be very few concerts for this tour in 2021 and 2022. Maybe the intent is to make it an "exclusive" or "special" experience. That would explain the relatively high ticket prices.

Comment

• ^Yes, it is quite expensive, especially for those venues. And I wonder how the setlist will be filled. Will he be authorized to play Lindemann-stuff? I would guess so. One publicity refered to the song Steh Auf, so that might be an indication.
                                Dort wo der Horizont
                                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Working...
                                X