No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess he could only tolerate his own children. Though when he sees a child quiet in one lovely moment, and he reaches out his hand, it begins to cry once again.

I liked the song more when I listened to it the second time. Nice video, but it were the lyrics that made me chuckle, where he tells how he gets afraid in the plane discovering he is seated next to a small child. And indeed his fear becomes reality: it starts to cry like hell, while the father lies fast asleep next to it. It's my biggest fear as well XD , and I experienced it on one of my last trips as well. Needless to say it ruined half of my day as I really yearned to close my eyes for a bit during the flight so early in the morning.
    Dort wo der Horizont
    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

There are a few scenes during the bridge that show Till kissing a woman. That could imply that his life was once better, and he wanted to start a family. But those scenes are abruptly ended when the final chorus starts, and he again sings «I hate children».
      The last four lines go:

"Nein, ich liebe sie
      Ja, ich liebe sie
      Alle Kinder, groß und klein
      Doch sie sollten meine sein"

Source:https://rammwiki.net/wiki/Ich_hasse_Kinder_(song)

Notice the difference between video and single

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
        I guess he could only tolerate his own children. Though when he sees a child quiet in one lovely moment, and he reaches out his hand, it begins to cry once again.

I liked the song more when I listened to it the second time. Nice video, but it were the lyrics that made me chuckle, where he tells how he gets afraid in the plane discovering he is seated next to a small child. And indeed his fear becomes reality: it starts to cry like hell, while the father lies fast asleep next to it. It's my biggest fear as well XD , and I experienced it on one of my last trips as well. Needless to say it ruined half of my day as I really yearned to close my eyes for a bit during the flight so early in the morning.
        I think we all know that situation. 3-4 hours on a plane next to a crying baby/child is a nightmare that can evoke homicidal tendencies in even the most mild mannered person

Comment

• Does anyone know (or would like to make an educated guess on) why there is the communist regime on the background to all of this? Maybe an analogy of the end of an age of repression? And/Or the revelation to the world of the repressions of the past?
          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• It could be because of his childhood, he did grow up in this regime,and the song is about childhood demons and the slaying of them. I think it's more personal than political, he has said in interviews he wont talk about politics and that he doesn't follow it much (though that could just be his way to avoid talking about it).
            But also he could be influenced by the current regime there, which seems to be slipping back to old habits and he has spent most or a lot of the last couple of years in Russia and this is his - and the director's - subtle comment on this.

Comment

• ^I guess it could be that. Only Lenin with the blood tears is hard to 'depolitize'. Though his statue was basically everywhere, in each and every school, so why not. It might indeed all be a-political, but with a typical Lindemann/Rammstein-touch, meaning that the viewer can make something else of it; and if it gets a political interpretation, it's in the eye of the beholder
              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Till is headlining Wacken 2022!
                Thar takes place 4.-6. August, and Rammstein's last European show is in Belgium on August 4. Am I the only one finding that a it strange. He doesn't have much solo-work, so most likely a new album, but also the timing seems a bit compressed. He will also have to find time to rehearse with a new band, Both songs and show, he cannot just re-do the Lindemann shows now Peter is no longer there, but of course some of the songs.

Comment

• Really strange, an the tour begins on 15. May 2022, so he needs to rehearse with Rammstein before…. there isn't a long gap during the tour so the rehearsal with the new band should be before.

Comment

• Comment

• It has happened, that band members had only 1 or 2 days between several band tours, like Myles Kennedy did, Matt Sorum, Specki T.D., Bruce Dickinson, to only name a few. They were all younger than him though.

I really liked the video btw.
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

It has happened, that band members had only 1 or 2 days between several band tours, like Myles Kennedy did, Matt Sorum, Specki T.D., Bruce Dickinson, to only name a few. They were all younger than him though.

I really liked the video btw.
                        Yes, but that was with band constellations they had played with before. Since this is a whole new venture and new people, I would think it would take a bit more to get together as a tight unit. And he seems to be most comfortable with a highly choreographed show, that will up the need for extra rehearsal.
                        But let's see, I look forward to seeing who the band members will be. A real band or hired anonymous session musicians?

I've only seen the first 8-9 minutes, looks fine though.

Comment

• I'm not sure if a Lindemann tour has a highly choreographed show. But I get your point, there will be things for sure that have to be rehearsed. Not sure how the people I mentioned did it (and Specki T.D. actually did perform with a band constellation he never did before with less than a day in between, and so did Dickinson at one point).

I guess it will be 'hired guns', with Till in the spotlights. That would be my guess. Maybe some of his former Lindemann-crew is willing to carry on.
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• I like the short movie too and it explains parts of the vídeo

Comment

• I wasn’t a big fan of the short film. I also did not understand the plot-twist. Was the judge the actual killer? Did she commit suicide by blowing up her car? Or was Till’s wife the killer, because of the red scarf and the letter in their living room? Either way, I understood that part of the twist was that Till was actually innocent.

I also hope this was the last of the Soviet/Russia oriented videoes. Although there is probably one still coming. The one that was filmed at the Moscow Zoo.

Comment

I'm not sure if a Lindemann tour has a highly choreographed show. But I get your point, there will be things for sure that have to be rehearsed. Not sure how the people I mentioned did it (and Specki T.D. actually did perform with a band constellation he never did before with less than a day in between, and so did Dickinson at one point).

I guess it will be 'hired guns', with Till in the spotlights. That would be my guess. Maybe some of his former Lindemann-crew is willing to carry on.

I also wonder if there is some symbolic purpose of playing the first «Till Lindemann» show at Wacken. If I remember correctly, Till and Peter met at Wacken 2013, and started thinking about starting a project together.

Comment

Working...
                                X