Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post

I would instead bet on it being simply a new single, like with "Alle Tage ist kein Sonntag". I doubt he was able to record both a new Rammstein album, work on the Lindemann concert film, and release another 11-track record. But who knows, the man is productive.
    I don't think he worked much on the concert dvd, most likely approved or disapproved on the postproduction and most likely on the art-work.. The recordings for the Rammstein seems to have been done last Summer/Autumn. You could be right about a single, but a 2 month tease for a single that seems a little excessive. And also there are pictures the points to two videos.
    But I'm not dismissing anything.

Comment

• New song from Till, maybe a teaser for a new album. Not sure I'm crazy about the style

Comment

• It´s the song "LUBIMIY GOROD” (Beloved Town) for Timur Bekmambetov's new film "Devyatayev"!

Last released songs are a completely different style.

Video premiere today at 10 pm on youtube.com/TillLindemann_official!

Last edited by Maya; 04-24-2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• I'm a fan!

He made his idea come through of writing a russian song
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
            I'm a fan!

He made his idea come through of writing a russian song
            It's an old song form 1939 :-) About fighter planes that became popular during the war.

And no, he already did an old song, one is fine, two is pushing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post

It's an old song form 1939 :-) About fighter planes that became popular during the war.

And no, he already did an old song, one is fine, two is pushing it.
              Oh indeed, it's a cover.

But no problem for me. I wouldn't mind if he did an entire cover album. Many bands do it, and Rammstein and Till haven't done it often anyway. Besides, I think he brings it in a very own way. I didn't mind Guns N' Roses and Nirvana doing that many covers, and I certainly don't mind Till doing it.
              It also makes me even greatful that Till and Peter weren't the kind of people to perform songs form their other bands during Lindemann concerts.
              Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post

Oh indeed, it's a cover.

But no problem for me. I wouldn't mind if he did an entire cover album. Many bands do it, and Rammstein and Till haven't done it often anyway. Besides, I think he brings it in a very own way. I didn't mind Guns N' Roses and Nirvana doing that many covers, and I certainly don't mind Till doing it.
                It also makes me even greatful that Till and Peter weren't the kind of people to perform songs form their other bands during Lindemann concerts.
                I don't mind that it's a cover, more that it's the same style. I have the GnR cover CD and Eisbrecher recently released one as well, and I like both. I would have liked had he done something interesting with them. Right now we don't have any idea what he'll be like as the solo-artist he is gearing up to be. Somehow I cannot imagine him at Wacken singing songs from the 20'ies and 30'ies without at least attempting to bring them up to date. Can you?

And yes, I also appreciate they didn't bring their other bands into the collaboration

Comment

• That it's the same style doesn't bother me. I could even like an entire record of Till doing old slow-paced songs. Maybe that's exactly what he's up to? Though I agree it would hardly be Wacken material

With three months to go until Wacken (if it takes place) he might come up with another LP or so. If he than has only 45min. to play on Wacken, he could let it work with 7 songs or so. Not sure if he'll be doing Lidemann-stuff. The name change implies otherwise. Though he would be quite the daredevil to confirm his attendance for Wacken, and then give himself about 8 months to come up with material. This might mean that the Till-vault contains quite some material.
                  Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Yes, I think his IG posts with "x -57 days", "x -50 days" and "X - 35 days" could hint towards a new album on June 1st. It'll be interesting to hear and also to see who he'll be collaborating with

Comment

• "Still a secret" . . . . hmmm. . . . Till has run away and joined a circus? Is this what the "X - xx days" is all about?

"I am pleasantly surprised by how fearlessly and calmly my idol, the lead singer of the legendary band "Rammstein" @till_lindemann_official, accepted the invitation to come in and take a picture inside a cage with predators. Delight and respect! In our circus, he is not just on a guest visit, but the details of our joint work, so far, are classified as intrigue and secret."

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/COM4eTGFMgB/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                        "Still a secret" . . . . hmmm. . . . Till has run away and joined a circus? Is this what the "X - xx days" is all about?

"I am pleasantly surprised by how fearlessly and calmly my idol, the lead singer of the legendary band "Rammstein" @till_lindemann_official, accepted the invitation to come in and take a picture inside a cage with predators. Delight and respect! In our circus, he is not just on a guest visit, but the details of our joint work, so far, are classified as intrigue and secret."

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/COM4eTGFMgB/
                        We keep getting updates with pictures of a very expensive music video shoot in Moscow. So I guess there will be a single released on June 1st. Maybe it will set the tone for the post-Tägtgren direction of Lindemann's solo career.

I don't know what he could be doing with a circus. But I wonder if he during the pandemic moved to Russia. He is a very private person, but he does share a lot on his new social media, and it is always in Russia.

Regarding the picture. I am not a fan of big cats in captivity. Regardless of how well they are trained, they are still predators with a mind of their own. I would prefer to see them in the wild, although I understand that once they are raised by humans, they probably won't surivive in nature.

Comment

We keep getting updates with pictures of a very expensive music video shoot in Moscow. So I guess there will be a single released on June 1st. Maybe it will set the tone for the post-Tägtgren direction of Lindemann's solo career.

I don't know what he could be doing with a circus. But I wonder if he during the pandemic moved to Russia. He is a very private person, but he does share a lot on his new social media, and it is always in Russia.

Regarding the picture. I am not a fan of big cats in captivity. Regardless of how well they are trained, they are still predators with a mind of their own. I would prefer to see them in the wild, although I understand that once they are raised by humans, they probably won't surivive in nature.
                          No, wild animals in circus is not a good thing, and here in Denmark it's forbidden, even elephants.

I don't know if he moved to Russia, some Russian fans seems to suggest all he's waiting for is a passport i.e. citizenship. I really don't think so.

As for June 1st, I still don't know what to expect, and my joke about him joining a circus is as good a guess as any, though I still think a 2 months teaser for a single is overdoing it. It must be an album I hope. As Waidmann and I discussed earlier, he needs material for Wacken.

Comment

• I hope we’ll get a new video and a new album, I agree Wacken is very near

Well, he has shown his love for Russia in the last years many times, not surprised if he has another residence there.

Comment

• ^According to Rammwiki, Till filmed a music video at the Moscow State Circus. Rammwiki is a little contradictory in their reporting. On the one hand they say "The video clip is being filmed for the fiftieth anniversary, which the circus he [the director of the circus]heads is celebrating tomorrow" but they also claim it's meant for Till's new solo work. Maybe there was some unclear communication, or it is mutual promo for the circus and Till.

Either way, I do think Rose might be correct that he is working on an EP or even album. If it's going to be ready for Wacken is a different topic. Especially since I doubt Wacken will be taking place this year.

Comment

^
                                Either way, I do think Rose might be correct that he is working on an EP or even album. If it's going to be ready for Wacken is a different topic. Especially since I doubt Wacken will be taking place this year.
                                I think he was supposed to perform at a minor event the day before the real festival, but I too doubt it'll take place. But I'm in no doubt anymore that he is working on new material. Now I want to know who with and in which style. But i guess we'll have to wait until June 1st.

Comment

Working...
                                X