Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
    There is very little doubt in my mind that Peter left the collaboration over creative differences with Till. Specifically, creative differences regarding the visuals. Hell, maybe they even had a personal falling out.
    I know I am talking out of my ass, but I would assume it would also have something to do with Rammstein recording a new record. Very few musicians make money with music these days, so touring is everything. Peter TÃĪgtgren has always said that Lindemann would be more productive once Till was done with the "Untitled" touring cycle. However "Untitled" (which was originally slated for a late 2017 or 2018 release) was pushed back to 2019. F & M was partially recorded in 2017, so that album was probably delayed as well because "Untitled" took forever.

Then there is the touring cycle for "Untitled" which due to Corona was delayed even further (assuming it can take place in 2021) and now there is a new Rammstein record coming as well. I can see Peter getting tired of this, and thinking he could be a lot more productive focusing on other projects. At this rate, the next Lindemann record and tour would be possible in 2023/2024, which was too much for Peter.

Again, I have zero proof, but I can see how Peter wouldn't want his career to be completely dictated by Till's schedule.
    Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 11-14-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• ^But the thing is, both Peter and Till have other projects to fall back on while Lindemann is inactive. Lindemann is the kind of project that can be of less priority and still be very successful everytime they are active on it. Hell, it could have even be a nice plan B for their careers. I don't think Peter is leaving Lindemann because he is launching other projects, I think Peter is launching other projects because he left Lindemann.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I agree with Snake, I think they want different things of Lindemann, and they disagree with the line to follow now

Comment

• It's quite a long time since Peter announced he was working on new material for Hypocrisy.

Lindemann was always meant to be an in-between project, whenever they had time. So I agree visually it seemed more Till's project, I saw somewhere someone saying Peter stayed very much in the background during the Platz Eins video-shoot and on Ach so Gern he was nowhere near, and barely on Knebel.

So yes, I think he decided to go his own way and be in control, but it was never because he couldn't work on his own stuff.

Comment

• ^Maybe it all became too big as well. Lindemann is at least as popular as Hypocrisy and might even compete with Pain in some countries. I don't think I know anyone who's succesfull in combining three bands of this size. And Lindemann steals the thunder of his other projects as well. I think he wants some Pain and Hypocrisy time now and can't have that without people constantly informing about Lindemann (and even blaming him for not working on it - you know how fans can be, and with Covid times they may indeed have to wait a few years), unless he openly ditches Lindemann. There's always the option of a reunion. I don't think there's any quarrel or malcontent behind it; Till was always asked to be in the picture for certain things, it was never his decision to be more prominent. The name Lindemann was Peter's idea as well, which Till even declined. The vids were also made a long time before the last interviews.
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
              It's quite a long time since Peter announced he was working on new material for Hypocrisy.

Lindemann was always meant to be an in-between project, whenever they had time. So I agree visually it seemed more Till's project, I saw somewhere someone saying Peter stayed very much in the background during the Platz Eins video-shoot and on Ach so Gern he was nowhere near, and barely on Knebel.

So yes, I think he decided to go his own way and be in control, but it was never because he couldn't work on his own stuff.
              I was thinking the same thing. There are also Lindemann music videos where Peter doesn’t appear at all: ÂŦAch so gernÂŧ, ÂŦMathematikÂŧ, ÂŦTill the EndÂŧ and all ÂŦHansel und GretelÂŧ-videos.

Comment

• This song was used in the HÃĪnsel und Gretel-play. This is probably the first Lindemann release without TÃĪgtgren.

Comment

• But TÃĪgtgren participated on that play, so not really without him

Comment

• There are Several posts from mexican artists, it seems he has been there filming a vídeo.

https://www.facebook.com/1314025698/...523388713/?d=n

Has been a great week !!! Finally we finished the production of our first video for Till Lindemann of Rammstein!!!
                    Last edited by Maya; 11-30-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Seems to be something completely different:

"Till Lindemann teamed up with violinistDavid Garrett
                      to record their very own version of "Alle Tage ist kein Sonntag“.
                      CoreTex have the limited red 7" for you.
                      Release for this one is Dec 11.
                      Pre-order starts NOW!!! ► https://coretexrecords.com/Till-Lindemann-David-Garrett...
                      Lindemann and Garrett publish their version of the popular hit "Alle Tage ist nicht Sonntag", which was widely heard in the 1920s and 1930s.
                      The song from 1922 was penned by Carl Ferdinands and Carl Clewing and was written by, among others Fritz Wunderlich and Marlene Dietrich set to music.
                      The single is physically released in two limited formats: CD single in digipack and as red 7inch vinyl.
                      #AlleTageIstKeinSonntag"

Comment

• So not a Lindemann-product at all, but a Till Lindemann product. Weird. But welcome . I hope less dick and gore in the video than usually.

This might mean that Sauber might not be used in the end
                        Dort wo der Horizont
                        Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                        Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                        Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Have you heard it? Surprisingly straightforward. I like it. Video is rather subdued too. Now I'm just trying to remember what the Danish version was, remember it from my childhood, my grandfather played it.

Comment

• I like it, but I’m not surprised, I listened to another versions when it was announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                              I like it, but I’m not surprised, I listened to another versions when it was announced.
                              I listened too, the surprise is how true to the original they've chosen to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X