No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Yukon is inspired by the trip Till did with a friend where he explored the Yukon river. Fish on is clearly about his hobby of going fishing. There are allegories in these songs, but the inspiration are simple. I have no idea what inspired Cowboy, though.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Yukon, as far as I can tell, and from what Till have said have no sexual connotation.
      Fish On seems to be rather self-explanatory, with nothing but sexual innuendo or not so much innuendo.

Cowboy, I haven't really listened to the lyrics yet

Comment

• I must admit I dont like the sexual topics. For example Keine Lust was ok - only one small note that he does not want to masturbate. But Keine Lust part 2 (as I call it for myself) or "Fat" as you know it is already beyond my acceptance limit. I will not walk and sing that I like it fat- because I simply dont. I dont like Golden Shower, I will never want to try it. I will not praise abort. I will never publicly claim that I have a dick and some others have pussy. It is obvious.

What I want to mention is that I not only judge the rhythm and instrumental part, but also the lyrics. If the topic is something that I personally do not sing for myself and that does not fill me with power and encourages me to action or does not create a deep emotion, then it is a no-go. I really dont know why Till creates more and more sexually related songs instead of other topics. I hope Rammstein will be more focused on hard life decisions (Spring), hard life of construction workers (Stein um Stein), travelling (Reise Reise) and building of family relations (Mutter).

This is how I see it, amen
        sigpic
        Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

• Stein um Stein is NOT about construction workers ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
            Stein um Stein is NOT about construction workers ;-)
            That was an exaggeration, of course.
            sigpic
            Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

• I've listened several times....and the music is for the most part beautiful! But we already knew that Peter is a genius. Till's singing is really very good. He's LOADS better than his whispery stuff he was doing there for awhile. As far as the lyrics...no I won't be singing these aloud (at least in public or in my home when the kids are here) which kind of annoys me. At least when it was regular Rammstein songs I was ok singing them because no one understands.

I get it. This is what they were going for, and they've definitely hit the mark in trying to push things absolutely far as possible.

At the same time, it's kind of annoying because the melodies are good and I will miss being able to sing them when I listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                This is officially my new favorite dancing banana smiley.

Comment

• Till and Peter in Moscow:

Comment

• Originally posted by External View Post
                    I must admit I dont like the sexual topics. For example Keine Lust was ok - only one small note that he does not want to masturbate. But Keine Lust part 2 (as I call it for myself) or "Fat" as you know it is already beyond my acceptance limit. I will not walk and sing that I like it fat- because I simply dont. I dont like Golden Shower, I will never want to try it. I will not praise abort. I will never publicly claim that I have a dick and some others have pussy. It is obvious.

What I want to mention is that I not only judge the rhythm and instrumental part, but also the lyrics. If the topic is something that I personally do not sing for myself and that does not fill me with power and encourages me to action or does not create a deep emotion, then it is a no-go. I really dont know why Till creates more and more sexually related songs instead of other topics. I hope Rammstein will be more focused on hard life decisions (Spring), hard life of construction workers (Stein um Stein), travelling (Reise Reise) and building of family relations (Mutter).

This is how I see it, amen
                    To be honest, I kind of get what your saying. Back in the old days, I felt that they explored many topics and mostly wanted to explore these topics or themes. Sometimes it was about sex or sexual violence. Richard once mentioned in the Mutter/Reise,Reise era that "Provocation seems important for the band, but is only an amusing side-effect. The music counts the most." Which explains why the band had almost no scandal or big media animosity with the Mutter album (aside from the "controversial" cover of the album, which made it into 2-3 newspaper articles). The band didn't seem to care that they had released an entire album with almost zero controversy around it.

Later on they of course had their last gigantic "scandal" with "Mein Teil" which caused them a lot of trouble. But after that, I think they saw a pattern. "Bück Dich", "Weißes Fleisch", "Spiel mit mir", "Tier" and "Mein Teil" were the songs that caused the most controversy, and they all had something to do with sex, sexual violence, socially not-accepted sexual behaviour etc. In other words: $ex $ells!

In this way, I understand what many people disliked about Liebe ist für alle da. However I must say that I still defend and love this album (sooner or later my review will come). On the other hand, I see that sex is an my opinion an "easy-way-out" for Till. He likes to write about it, and it causes controversy. Kills to fat birds with one stone.

Although he is an artist and I respect his choice of topics, I feel a little sympathy for the old school Rammstein fans who are complaining about a monotone choice of subject matter by Till.

Comment

• ^Yeah, but this is not a Rammstein CD where six guys have to agree, this is Tll's day off.

Comment

• ^^I agree, which is why I think most Rammstein fans should find other reasons to complain. Then again, sooner or later I also wish to see more sides of Tills poetry, other then what he has been releasing recently with "In stillen Nächten" and "Skills in Pills".

Comment

• ^The only thing I feel like complaining is that Till should work on his accent and english skills. And Peter should create more instrumental solos for the songs that deserve the effort.
                          "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I find it pointless for the Rammstein fans to complain about the album.
                            Till was basically having fun with Peter, and it is good that he changed his way of working, and the people he is making the album with.
                            You need to take some space from the other band members, as they are together for more than two decades.
                            This way they will gain new experience, new ideas for the new album.
                            I would love to see in the new album a song which has similarity to Home Sweet Home, with a solo!
                            Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

• ^His English skills are fine and the grammar is perfect, as for the accent, some people cannot loose that. I work with a Columbian girl, she has been living in Northern Europe for 10 years, and both her English and her Danish is so heavily accented I have trouble understanding her.

Comment

• Mutter about building family relations??? That's quite the interpretation.

I don't think it's Rammstein's intention to play the sex-sells-card. I don't think they provoke to provoke, more because they just like it or at least find those taboo-themes quite intriguing. Their background was after all a shocking east-german punk scene. But of course I could be wrong.
                                And, as always, they don't get the problems where they expect it, as Richard claimed in 2009. That was actually quite the omen: he thought Wiener Blut would create some scandal, but instead Ich Tue Dir Weh became the subject of controversy.

And I find those taboo-themes very intriguing as well. That's why I actually DO like the sexual content: how ever "shallow" or obsessive / rude / etc. it might be, it's very originally put by the band in catchy phrases, clever rhimes and interesting metaphers. And I don't mind singing about something I don't agree on, it's just estetics to me. For me that's like not wanting to quote Hamlet's monologue (to be or not to be), because I don't believe in the benefits of suicide.
                                Dort wo der Horizont
                                Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                                Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                                Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Working...
                                X