No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I liked the gallery-guys attempt to explain them, though ;-)

Comment

• ^I like that he was like "Well, Till didn't tell me what this was..."

Comment

• This morning at 6.30Am I got a text from the Postal Service that they were coming with a package from Amazon, but I'm at work all day, so they'll probably just leave a message that I can pick it up tomorrow, which means I'll have to wait another 34 hours before the CD is finally in my possession.

So if you hear an impatient wail coming from a Northerly direction, it's probably my venting my frustrations

Comment

• @The Rose.
          Didn't yours arrive yesterday? No? Must have been me then......

Comment

• ^IT DID TODAY (a day before promised)

At 10Am a new text "We tried to deliver, but you weren't in"
            At 4PM a text "You can now pick-up your parcel at the post-office"
            At 4.15 I picked up and hurried home to listen, and look at the beautiful book. I haven't really read the lyrics yet, I played the CD a couple of times, and looked at all the pictures.

I think the full CD is much better than what the snippets hinted at, but I cannot yet name a "best" I have to listen more for that. All in all I'm a very happy camper right now
            Last edited by The Rose; 06-22-2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• ^

New interview for German Metal Hammer, translated by Rammstein USA.

http://www.rammstein.us/archives/12138

Comment

• And another one, for Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...0150622?page=4

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                  Reading this now, and I have to say, my favorite quote is that his kids are Coldplay fans

Comment

• ^That had me giggling as well, but how else do you rebel against a rock-star father?

Comment

• ^I mean...at least they like decent music. Could be worse and they could be like Justing Beiber fans or something horrible like that. :P "Dad you're such a metal head! I hate that! I'm going to be a boyband fan!" Heh...

Comment

• So... I've already listened to "Skills in Pills". Ever since the "Lindemann" project was revealed back in January, I've always felt skeptical about the project, even though I was curious about what would come out of it. The snippets never impressed me, and I didn't really like the "Praise Abort" single or video. So when I had the chance to get the album and listen to it, I was expecting it to be a collection of Pussy's and Mein Land's and not bother to listen to it for more than 3 times.

I stand corrected. There are only about 2 or 3 pussy-like songs during the whole album, and by now I already lost count of how many times I've listened to it. It is a strange feeling, approaching this stuff with no expectations, and then realise that I actually like the damn thing. I've even ended up commiting to memory the entire tracklist. Below I sound off my review of each song, and then I conclude with an overall appreciation of the album.

Skills in Pills: When the instrumental version was released for newsletter subscribers, I remember that I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed it, but I was uncertain whether or not I would feel the same when I had the chance to listen to the complete song with Till's vocals. Well, I still like the song, and think it is one of the top 5 songs of the album.

Ladyboy: I pretty much like this song as much as I like SiP. Also one of the top 5 songs for me.

Fat: This song is good and I liked it, but I feel like it's potential was squandered. The orchestral begining is pretty neat, but then there are arranjements that don't seem like they belong together. I remember and interview where Till talks about how awesome the samples for this songs are, but I don't think he and Peter made the most of them.

Fish on: An ok song that I also like, but it feels a little repetitive to me. My least favorite song from the first half of the album.

Children of the Sun: Also a little repetitive, but the chorus is much better than "Fish On"'s.

Home Sweet Home: My favorite song from the entire album. My only complain is that it is too short. Just when it feels like it is going for a instrumental solo, it just ends. If this song would go on for yet another entire minute, it would be fucking awesome.

Cowboy: The 1st song out of 3 pussy-like songs. I don't like it much, and I think it suffers from the reverse problem that HsH does: it actually should end sooner than it does.

Golden Shower: Pretty much the same opinion as for Cowboy, but I like it even less. It has a good start, but then it turns to shit. The best thing I can say about this song, is that since it follows Cowboy, I can skip these 2 songs quickly and efficiently and go straight from HsH to Yukon.

Yukon: Perhaps my second favorite song of the album. Defenitely on the top 5. It has the reverse problem from Golden Shower: it starts meh, but then the chorus kicks in and it gets neat.

Praise Abort: The 3rd and final pussy-like song of the album. Ironically, it is the one I like the best out of the 3. And it actually grew on me.

That's my Heart: Very good song to end the album. Not a better ballad than HsH or Yukon, but I still enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------

Overall: Much better job than I expected and I liked the end result. I'll give it a solid 7/10. However, I think Till could had done a better job at hiding his thick accent. Sometimes Till sounds goofy because of it. It does not ruin the album, but if it were not for this detail, I might had decided to give the album a score of 7.5. In addition, if instead of Cowboy and Golden Shower we had one song as good as HsH or Yukon, I would not hesitate to give it an 8.
                        Last edited by Snake; 06-23-2015, 06:23 PM.
                        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^I'm glad you like it, maybe you had the better approach: Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised

As for the "missing solo", Peter in one interview said he didn't do long solos, he had no patience for them and couldn't be bothered to practice one instrument for the hours needed to pull them off.

Comment

• Cool review, Snake! I'll write one myself one of these days, as I'm sure Chrisss will too . Just need a few more listens!
                            Dort wo der Horizont
                            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                              As for the "missing solo", Peter in one interview said he didn't do long solos, he had no patience for them and couldn't be bothered to practice one instrument for the hours needed to pull them off.
                              A pitty. Home Sweet Home really deserved a solo.
                              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Great review, Snake. I agree to your points and I must say I also repeatedly listen to Home Sweet Home and Yukon.

I also updated all lyrics on the site and started adding some "explanations" or "interview snippets" related to the songs. However it is not fully clear to me, what is for example the meaning of Yukon, Cowboy and Fish On. Shall we search for some nasty sexual content hidden in each song? We live only one day - is this referring to sperm life span?

It would be great to somehow explain all the songs to all the visitors (and me too)
                                sigpic
                                Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X