No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's Richard's own fault for not promoting Emigrate well. Since the interviews published soon after SSL release, nothing was heard about Emigrate, except those two FB-updates about working on 3rd album. I really liked last Emigrate album, and Richard could've really make commercial success. "Rainbow" could be great hit if he promoted it just a little bit.
    I mean, my friend who showed me Rammstein for the 1st time in my life, didn't even know about Emigrate until I sent him some YT link.

Comment

• Richard mentioned the new Emigrate album and then spent month after month saying nothing to his fans, just the odd cryptic comment. I think he thought he was so important that nobody would get bored shitless waiting for a release date and then be totally underwhelmed by the finished product. Pride goeth before being a cunt.

Comment

• Regarding the 7 years that took for RZK to produce SSL: I think that in RZK's defense, he had to go back to Rammstein right after finishing work on his first Emigrate album to work on LIFAD. After that,, he only had time to work on SSL during the periods were Rammstein were not performing live. Which probably gave him approximately a total of one year and a half devided across the whole LIFAD/MIG tour, which started in November 2009 and ended in August 2013. So even though the second album arrived 7 years after the first, he probably worked on it for significanly less time.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I reckon it didn't actually took 7 years. It was only in late 2013 I saw the first studio sessions being mentionnned on fb.

@Rocky Chopin: Rainbow could indeed 've been a killer single with great potential, even hitting current mainstream charts if it was handled better. And it's indeed incredible how Emigrate got totally out of the picture almost as soon as the record was out. That's one of the reasons I though RZK didn't really care to much about the reception.
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I keep reading rumors that "Fat" is considered as a second single. Does anyone have a source for this? I haven't read anything about it yet in interviews. Do people maybe just assume this since there were two remixes of the song on the "Praise Abort" single?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
              I keep reading rumors that "Fat" is considered as a second single. Does anyone have a source for this? I haven't read anything about it yet in interviews. Do people maybe just assume this since there were two remixes of the song on the "Praise Abort" single?
              I thought about that today XD Well, it will probably released before the album release.
              Anyway, releasing two remixes of unreleased song is a bit weird..

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                On the other hand, I could understand if RZK would get mad if Till wants to leak some of the silly humor of Lindemann into Rammstein. He is already not a fan of "Pussy", and I can only assume that "Praise Abort" is not his cup of tea.
                On the other hand, having Lindemann as side project might decrease Till's needs to bring this kind of humor to Rammstein, because he knows he has his own project in which he can always later do his own thing when needed. Maybe these side projects make it easier for Rammstein to maintain their democrasy. Who knows.

Comment

• I just got a text from the post office that a package from Amazon has been placed in my box, it can only be the Lindemann EP - but I wont be home for another5 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salmari View Post
                    On the other hand, having Lindemann as side project might decrease Till's needs to bring this kind of humor to Rammstein, because he knows he has his own project in which he can always later do his own thing when needed. Maybe these side projects make it easier for Rammstein to maintain their democrasy. Who knows.
                    It's what they've said before: the side projects are what keeps them together.
                    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                    I just got a text from the post office that a package from Amazon has been placed in my box, it can only be the Lindemann EP - but I wont be home for another5 hours.
                    Yay! The time will fly by. Have some more coffee, it will help.

Comment

• Rafabasa's interview has been translated by Rammstein US.

http://www.rammstein.us/archives/12071

Comment

• ^Thanks for the translation! It was one of the more enjoyable interviews I think I've seen. Sounds like it was lots of fun talking with him.

Comment

• It's based on our translation, but well written. xD

This one is amazing too: http://mariskalrock.com/index.php/20...de-nacimiento/

BTW, the Spanish interviews were given in May, I think it explains the change of plans.

Comment

• According to this Mariskal Rock interview, Till will work on both Lindemann and Rammstein new albums this fall. o.O

Comment

• I think that is an error, I have sent Mariskal Rock a message.

He gave many interviews that day, I don't think he gave a different answer to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                Rafabasa's interview has been translated by Rammstein US.

http://www.rammstein.us/archives/12071
                                This is the song Till likes (me too):

I also love Héroes del Silencio, “Entre dos Tierras” is great, it’s one of my favorite songs, we should definitely make a cover of it.

Trying to imagine the cover...

Comment

Working...
                                X