Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^But there isn't anything new.

Comment

• ^No new Rammstein stuff you mean? Not surprising. I haven't looked around there in ages, mostly because I have no money.

Comment

• Flake stuff, but neither Rammstein stuff.

Comment

• I didn't know Till had so much younger girlfriend. 26 years difference. Does anyone know if they have kids? There's not much info on Lindemanns personal life, at least not in Wikipedia.

Comment

• They have not children together, but Till even has a grandson

Comment

• After three days, Praise Abort video already has more views on Youtube than any of Emigrate video. Of course it has much more shock value, but still.

For the whole time I have been complaining about the audio mixing of Lindemann, and came to conclusion, that it's because of the music style and not the production values, but Praise Abort satifies me very much with the audio quality. The different instuments sound very clear, and I like Till's singing voice very much. And in fact, if you listen Praise Abort snippet and the final version side by side, there is quite a difference. So in the end, the audio quality of the snippets is not final, being purpose of them or not.

Comment

• Lindemann is pretty much set to be way more sucessful than Emigrate. But I am worried that RZK gets to be jealous of Till and that such envy hurts Rammstein.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                  Lindemann is pretty much set to be way more sucessful than Emigrate. But I am worried that RZK gets to be jealous of Till and that such envy hurts Rammstein.
                  That could indeed turn into a problem. But I am sure RZK is mature enough not to let that kind of jelousy hurt Rammstein. He said many times before that Emigrate never was going to be a "money-mashine" and calls it a more personal project. Therefore they might never even tour.

As far as Lindemanns success goes, 1 million views in three days is not that quick in 2015. I bet a good portion of the viewers are Rammstein or Hypocrisy/Pain fans together with the usual metal/rock listeners who have heard about the project. Let's not forget that "Pussy" made something like 13 million views in just one week. I guess now that the majority of the interested fans have heard this, the growth of the number of views is going to decrease dramatically. I doubt that in a year from now the video will have more than 4 million views (but I could be terribly wrong as well, who knows).

That being said, I wonder if this success is convincing them to tour? More and more news are saying that Rammstein indeed want to start working on a new album this fall. If so, Lindemann better start planning the tour right now if they want to do a short club tour in July/August.

Comment

• You know I actually met Sophia Thomalla? It was about 5 years ago when me and some fellow students from university were in Berlin for a internship. We were at the Westin Grandin Hotel and through some co-workers we met the cast of Eine wie Keine (a series in which se played). She was sooo kind! Oh, and very beautiful .

@ Snake: Not sure if Till would be such a difficult person to live with. The indications that point in that direction (if they ever were through) date from ages ago, as far as I know. Now I think he's much calmer.
                    And it's quite the strong speculation that RZk would be envious of Lindemann's succes now . It's a big jump to that conclusion just by seeing one project seems more succesfull than someone else's. It's seems quite exaggerated that you would worry about that .

@Chrisss Nofff: I can't imagine them planning a tour before the album even is received. Till did imply that they were eager to hear some reactions on the album before seriously considering a tour. But indeed, when they wait for that, the time would be running very short to schedule something. It could be they do their tour very low-key though. Guns N' Roses did a club tour as well in 2011, only scheduling a week or even a few days so in advance. That might be even preferable if they don't want overcrowded clubs.
                    Dort wo der Horizont
                    Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                    Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                    Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• On the other hand, I could understand if RZK would get mad if Till wants to leak some of the silly humor of Lindemann into Rammstein. He is already not a fan of "Pussy", and I can only assume that "Praise Abort" is not his cup of tea. It's also maybe a little frustrating for him to have worked on an album for almost 7 years, while Till and Peter spontaneously meet one summer at his house, record an album, and overshadow Emigrate's success even before their album is released.

Comment

• ^However, we gotta bear in mind that Peter is a exceptional musician, and that RZK chose to summon his friends to Emigrate instead of partning up with excpetional musicians.
                        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• @Snake
                          I also once heard that Peter hates to work over long periods of time. He usually works best in a short and consentrated time frame, not like Richard who has no problems with taking brakes and using all the time he needs.

@Waidmann
                          You met Thomalla? Hahaha! How come whenever I talk of something/someone you always end up telling me you were there or you met him/her? I guess I better not bring up stuff like the Kennedy assasination. Probably turns out you shot him.

Comment

• Well, if you put it like that... it could indeed be quite frustrating that some sponaneous fun-project is way more succesfull than RZK's hard toiling . Didn't think of that. Although I do think RZK doesn't do Emigrate at all for the money or the fame or even the reception, so in that way he shoudln't be bothered at all. I say in that way. He did however behave IMO a little bit like a media attention seeker. Especially as he spread a dozen samples, commercials and gave tons of interviews without much variety.

@Chrisss Nofff: oh, I've been around...
                            ninja2.gif

Didn't know anything about her involvement with Till though, if that was already going on back than, otherwise I'd probably shat myself. My goal is still to meet the band once during their next tour (I'll probably go to Germany for that to be on a signing session or so).
                            Last edited by Waidmann; 05-31-2015, 09:14 PM.
                            Dort wo der Horizont
                            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• ^In an interview she said they met at Rock Am Ring (only time Rammstein was at RAR in recent years is june 2010, unless she met him as a little girl in 1998). Anyway, I don't recall it becoming public before 2011.

Comment

• Did Silent so Long really take seven years to make? If it did then Richard needs to give up his side project, because if that pile of shit took seven years he should be ashamed.
                                However the announcement of Lindemann on the other hand came out of the blue and suddenly it's already here! What I've heard so far sounds good and the new video is quite cleverly worked around the lyrics. Till even DANCES for fuck sake!
                                My only problem is Peters beard being plaited. It makes me want to punch him because it looks fucking stupid!
                                Rant over folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X