No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindemann has now more likes on Facebook than Emigrate, despite Emigrate's page being several years older. Probably has something to do with the involvment of Peter Tägtgren. However I also think it has a little to do with Lindemann getting more attention since it's the vocalist's/frontman's side project. A little sad in my opinion, considering Rammstein always intended to have all six members being equally represented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
      Lindemann has now more likes on Facebook than Emigrate, despite Emigrate's page being several years older. Probably has something to do with the involvment of Peter Tägtgren. However I also think it has a little to do with Lindemann getting more attention since it's the vocalist's/frontman's side project. A little sad in my opinion, considering Rammstein always intended to have all six members being equally represented.
      The sad truth is that the singer is always above others, no matter how equally you try to bring other band members to knowledge.

Comment

• ^I agree, maybe it's just something natural or instinctive to give more attention to the person who sings, due to the fact that he is the one who communicates to the audience through his vocals and using his language (lyrics and body language in this sense).

Comment

• ^Not sure it's just because of that. What we've heard from Lindemann so far sounds closer to Rammstein than whatever Emigrate has done. Maybe therefore Rammstein-fans are more likely to be more into Lindemann than Emigrate; in fact I'm quite convinced of that. Plus I think Lindemann's PR is way better. Emigrate created lots of media-attention but Lindemann already did better IMO.
          And lets not forget Till had other projects that increased his fame (acting, poetry).

But you're right that they always had this all-members-of-Rammstein-are-equal-philiosophy. But In think that's hard if you're explicit and creative, while people like Olliver tend to stay in the back.
          Dort wo der Horizont
          Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
          Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
          Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• I think it is more due to the fact that Till is charismatic and imposing than the mere fact of being the frontman.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Or maybe it's that Emigrate just is nothing special

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                I think it is more due to the fact that Till is charismatic and imposing than the mere fact of being the frontman.
                Yes, I do think that his "crazy-guy"-status makes people more interested in what he is doing. The English lyrics that have been released until now have also caused some attention among Rammstein fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salmari View Post
                  Or maybe it's that Emigrate just is nothing special
                  How dare you! :P
                  Ich tu' dir weh, tut mir nicht Leid, das tut dir gut

Comment

• There's probably also a note of Rammstein fans getting desperate for anything at this point.

And yes, Lindemann is much more similar to Rammstein than Emigrate. It helps that the voice is the same voice, even if the language is different. Whereas Emigrate has a very different sound quality with a different voice.

In fact...you have to look only as far as this very forum. Lindemann has been placed in the "Rammstein News" section, whereas Emigrate was relegated to the "Other Bands" section.
                    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 05-28-2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• ^Good point. That can be fixed.
                      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I really like the fact, that even though he keeps saying how much fun he's had in a different work-method, he at no point trashes Rammstein, but even says he's looking forward to returning to work with his Rammstein-family. That's class!

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                          In fact...you have to look only as far as this very forum. Lindemann has been placed in the "Rammstein News" section, whereas Emigrate was relegated to the "Other Bands" section.
                          I disagree, when this thread was created it was something new, about one of the the members of the band, but when Emigrate's thread was created it was the end of 2011, anything new just another band.

I think Lindemann's promotion is much better than Emigrate's.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                            I really like the fact, that even though he keeps saying how much fun he's had in a different work-method, he at no point trashes Rammstein, but even says he's looking forward to returning to work with his Rammstein-family. That's class!
                            RZK should learn of it

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                              I really like the fact, that even though he keeps saying how much fun he's had in a different work-method, he at no point trashes Rammstein, but even says he's looking forward to returning to work with his Rammstein-family. That's class!
                              Originally posted by Maya View Post
                              I disagree, when this thread was created it was something new, about one of the the members of the band, but when Emigrate's thread was created it was the end of 2011, anything new just another band.

I think Lindemann's promotion is much better than Emigrate's.
                              Indeed, but now it is not really news, just another band.

No I agree, Till has been much more of a class act in the interviews, and that is likely the difference between their personalities. But truly...we don't know the questions that are being asked, and RZK has probably been asked for a much longer time than Till if this means the end of Rammstein. Who knows...

Comment

• Another interview, this time Peter.

What are you in Berlin for?

We just finished up the video and we’ve been doing promotion.

The video for “Praise Abort”?

Yes, exactly.

Can you give me a hint as to what the video will be like?

Grotesque!

[laughs] Perfect! I’m very intrigued to see it!

Oh man, you will love it. It’s very sick. That’s all I can promise you.
                                Remember, today at 9 p.m.

What’s next for each of you? What projects do you see yourself working on next?

I think we’re going to keep on writing! Till is going to go back to Rammstein in September to begin pre-production stuff and he says that it usually takes two years from when they start until the album is done.

For me, I don’t know! I have no clue! As soon as all the promotion is over, I’m going to sit down and then think if I should do another Pain album? Another Hypocrisy album? Or should I keep writing for Lindemann? Right now, I have so many ideas for the Lindemann project.
                                You can read it here

Comment

Working...
                                X