Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sThfTiWMVGY

New snippet!

A new snippet with vocals can be found on Lindemann's Facebook or Youtube page. It's a 44 minute sample of the song "Skills in Pills". I found it rather interesting.
    Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 05-02-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• I like it.....

Comment

• Damn. Suprisingly, it sounds quite good.

But am I still the only one who has issues with the sound quality? I don't know if it sounds like this intentionally, but to me it sounds like something has gone wrong with the audio mixing. For example for me the vocals are difficult to hear and the music doesnt sound very clear. Maybe it's supposed to be like this, and maybe you'll get used to it.

Comment

• ^ Sure not, I think it was done on purpose, it canĀ“t be like that. I think they want to give us an idea of how the sound will be, but not the final sound.

Comment

• ^I think it's safe to assume that both Lindemann and Emigrate don't have the resources and money at disposal that Rammstein has. Because of that, the production value will probably be lower.

That being said, there could be two explanations for this. Your right about the fact that we can hear some scratching and disortion sounds throughout the entire snippet. This could be intenional to give it some kind of "raw" feeling. In addition, Richard used several vocal filters to make his accent less obvious in the first Emigrate album. Maybe Till does the same.

On the other hand, snippets are often there to make the potential customers wish for more. Sometimes the quality on snippets and previews is lower than on the final product in order to not give away too much, and reinforce the wish to buy the full quality product. If I remember correctly, Marilyn Manson only showed demos and pre-mastered songs when he promoted his album Born Villain.
            Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 05-02-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Anyway, after listening to it several times I get used to it

It's a good sign that I liked the first time, with Emigrate I didn't and I disliked the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
                ^I think it's safe to assume that both Lindemann and Emigrate don't have the resources and money at disposal that Rammstein has. Because of that, the production value will probably be lower.
                I think money cannot be the explanation. There are numerous small bands and artists around the world who barely make a living out of their music, and they don't have any problems producing clear sound and balanced audio mixing.

My best guess is that these teasers and snippets are kind of demos with no final mixing and or mastering. At least I hope so. But if this would be the final mixing, I'm still excited to hear more. It just would be much better with proper mixing, but I think the final versions of the songs will sound better.

Comment

• Even with vocals, this snippet feels even more underwhelming than the previous one to me. It does not suck, and it is close to the kind of sound I like, but so far, I am not won over.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Can't tell much from it, which is probably (hopefully) by design, and really much the same as the snippets from SSL. I still think the sound is very much Pain. Which is fine, I like Pain, but I was hoping for more of Till in there as well, and not just as the singer. But again...can't tell much from less than a minute of a song.

Still need to decide which version to buy.

Comment

• I have a horrible ear for lyrics, espacially when they are in English (I really have no clue why, but German is always fine). But here is what I made out of the snippet. Please correct me if I am wrong:

All the left is right
                      All the black is white
                      All the fast is slow
                      All we lose is time*
                      All the grief is fun
                      All the - All the -All the rain is done

1* I have no clue what he said there, it sounds like he says "time".
                      2*I think he says "rain", but I am not sure if he says "done" or "gone".

Comment

• It's All the loose is tight and All the rain is sun.

Comment

• ^Ahh... that makes a lot more sense than the gibberish I heard. To my defense, probably 1/5 of the Youtube and Facebook comments complain that the vocals are not loud enough. Ok, here is what the lyrics probably are:

All the left is right
                          All the black is white
                          All the fast is slow
                          All the loose is tight
                          All the grief is fun
                          All the - All the -All the rain is sun
                          Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 05-02-2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post

Still need to decide which version to buy.
                            In my opinion, if you are not a Vinyl collector, buy the "Standard" or the "Super Deluxe version". The "Deluxe" - edition seems pointless to me. Paying 2 euros extra for 1 new song and a bigger package. If you want to hear "That's my Heart" I am sure you can buy it singular on itunes or other services.

Comment

• And therefore, it's easy to guess that the song Skills in Pills would be about how fucked up you are on drugs, but on the other hand, how can it be that bad after all (all the grief is fun, all the rain is sun)? I like the lyrics of the chorus, I hope Till's brilliant writing skills apply to other songs as well.

Comment

• http://rammwiki.net/index.php?title=Fish_On_%28song%29

RammWiki tried to read the lyrics to Fish On from preview picture. This made me laugh! It might be incorrect, but still something.

Catching ladies is my delight
                                So I go fishing by shiny night
                                Doesn't matter black or blond
                                I threw my worm into the pond

Water, water in the sea
                                Bring your creatures up to me
                                I pull them up, release my ???
                                Fish on
                                Water, water soaky cloud
                                Help me get your creatures out
                                Let them come release my ???
                                Fish on