No announcement yet.

Lindemann: Till's solo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ I've read External's story (what an unnecessary disaster that was!). It's always good to be 100% on the safe side, although I have to admit that things have become way more relaxed since Pilgrim managment and Emmanuel Fialik are no longer working with Rammstein. When the "Waidmanns Heil" - live video leaked, it was quickly taken down but no websites were sued or taken down. The same occured with the early leaked "Mein Herz Brennt" videos.

The thing which I think is a little ironic, is that Tim Renner (Rammstein's first producer/record boss) who is currently minister of culture in Berlin, thinks that modern copyright laws are outdated and useless. I saw an interview of him on TV recently. Although the band has been quite vocal about their animosity regarding piracy, they might have been inspired by Renner to be less focused on finding scapegoats once something is leaked, and instead focusing on removing the leaked content.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
      There is an old Army saying, "Hurry up and Wait", which is a phrase that I think R+ live by.
      It's also something those of us who work for the Government [in my case on the state level] have to live by. I've had a couple birthdays pass before people I work with can decide if they want to go to a Mexican or Chinese restaurant for lunch.
      Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?

Comment

• Skills in Pills standard.jpg

The cover was published on official FB page

Comment

• There you go, that's the one I was talking about yesterday. If I understood correctly, then this picture will be the cover of the standard CD, Vinyl and deluxe edition.

The "Super Deluxe" edition shows Till and Peter standing in the same poses, but the background is different. It shows burning buildings and Till is holding a gasoline can and a small propane tank (which is lighted so it can be used as a small flamethrower)
          Last edited by Chrisss Nofff; 04-22-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• I guess the only thing that remains to be settled is the release date. I wonder if there isn't going to be any single, given that we already know the album's title, tracklist, editions and cover.
            "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^I would definitly wish for a music video, since Till and Peter seem to have so much fun with the visual side of this project. A music video could be in the works. Let's not forget that the band's management have exceptionally achieved in keeping this project a secret for as long as possible (I wonder if they got mad at Richard for spoiling it a few weeks before the offical announcment).

In other words, a single is in my opinion still possible if they decided to push the final release date a little longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                I guess the only thing that remains to be settled is the release date. I wonder if there isn't going to be any single, given that we already know the album's title, tracklist, editions and cover.
                In one of the articles (I cannot remember which) they said that Fat would be the single.

Comment

• ^Maybe they will settle for a videoclip and not bother releasing a single.
                  "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^Your right, that's what the Skills in Pills website and Youtbe channel might be for.

Comment

• And now the official tracklist:

SKILLS IN PILLS
                      LADYBOY
                      FAT
                      FISH ON
                      CHILDREN OF THE SUN
                      HOME SWEET HOME
                      COWBOY
                      GOLDEN SHOWER
                      YUKON
                      PRAISE ABORT
                      THAT´S MY HEART

11 songs just like all Rammstein and Emigrate albums

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Chopin View Post
                        And now the official tracklist:

SKILLS IN PILLS
                        LADYBOY
                        FAT
                        FISH ON
                        CHILDREN OF THE SUN
                        HOME SWEET HOME
                        COWBOY
                        GOLDEN SHOWER
                        YUKON
                        PRAISE ABORT
                        THAT´S MY HEART

11 songs just like all Rammstein and Emigrate albums
                        Of course Till can't write anything without adding his favourite word in there somewhere...... Herz! (heart). No seriously, it's one of his most used words. Just think of "Herzeleid" or "Mein Herz Brennt", plus it's used in songs like "Spieluhr" and "Morgenstern".

I wonder why "That's my Heart" wasn't shown earlier. My guess is that it was supposed to be a bonus-track for the deluxe editions, but in the end they thought they should just include it on every version. On the other hand, they might have had one final demo they recently realised they wanted to have on the album, and therefore finished it and put it on the album. That might explain the delay. But that's only my crazy theories again

Comment

• brief off-topic: Maybe it'd be more interesting to count how many times he used word "face" (Gesicht) in his lyrics hahahahah

Comment

• The cover is the same style as the other 2 promo images, but it is also bland in comparison to those.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• As for words used in lyrics: Do you know of any other band the use their band-name so many times. Both as song titles and in the lyric itself?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                                As for words used in lyrics: Do you know of any other band the use their band-name so many times. Both as song titles and in the lyric itself?
                                The TelliTubbies.

Comment

Working...
                                X